Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 03-16-2019, 10:49 AM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Saturday, March 16

Race One:

1 Thank You So Much has shown little in recent tries. Unless there’s a complete reversal of form… The turf may be this Freud-bred’s best surface.

American Lincoln appears to be: “The Horse”. I say “appears”. This Street Sense-bred colt has faced much better throughout his career. In fact, the DRF calls today’s “drop”: “suspicious”. The connections are excellent: trainer Linda Rice, jockey Manny Franco. But again, why the drop? Oh, I’m using him (“We are coming, Father Abra’am, three hundred thousand more…”). But I’m also “buying insurance”. A word to the wise is sufficient.

3 Can’tweallgetalong is another horse who looks like “a player”. This Medaglia d’Oro-bred is a consistent sort who’s hit the tote in approximately half his lifetime tries. I’m using him in my exotics. Eric Cancel for Michelle Nevin.

4 Beach Access dropped to this level last time…and budda bing…he popped. I have my doubts about this Storm Cat-bred making it two-in-a-row. Oh, this 4-year old is capable of gracing the infield- tote, but to get his picture taken with all alla famaglia… Leah “The Preacher” Gyarmati owns and trains this Island Beat-bred.

Domain is another horse who has a chance of garnering all the enchiladas. I guess my only gnawing concern is his declining form. Yet, there’s a decent morning work. This colt’s trainer, Bruce Brown, does reasonably well w/2nd off a claim. A fast surface may help. “The Louisiana Kid,” Kendrick Carmouche, is in the irons.

Unsullied apparently didn’t take to the slop in his last. He literally finished out on the Belt Parkway. I believe there is a chance to make amends. It’s a 2-class drop. The gelding’s trainer, Pat Quick, does very well in that category, albeit with a limited sampling. This Silver Deputy-bred could very well get John Imbriale’s first call. Dylan Davis reprises.

Sandy Lane is stretching out; that could help. I like his outside post. Bob Klesaris, the ol’ Suffolk Downs trainer, doesn’t saddle manner; yet his charges are usually competitive. In a nutshell, this gelding has a chance at a price. Oh, any moisture would help. Junior Alvarado is in the stirrups.

Race Two:

Distorted News has the potential to make an impact at first asking. This Distorted Humor-bred chestnut filly was purchased for 100 “Huge” at Keeneland. Yes, Michael Dubb and the Coyle Boys must have thought they spotted something special in this gal. Let’s see if she shows it on the racetrack. I should mention that Distorted Humor does very well with his first-timers. And, it should be noted that Rudy Rodriguez is “lights out” when it comes to debut at one mile, albeit with a limited sampling. I guess the only “fly in the ointment” is that this filly’s morning work-tab leaves something to be desired. Jose Lezcano is in the irons.

2 G.T. Sonia has had two tries and has shown little. Now this bay filly stretches out an additional two furlongs. I have serious doubts.

3 Stay Smart ran a very competitive race last time. That augurs well. Yet, that 2nd place finish was against 40K claimers. This is an MSW. Oh, that doesn’t mean this bay can’t grace the tote, it’s just that she’ll be facing tougher. I believe this filly is capable of completing an exotic. Eric Cancel is in the irons for Kelly Breen.

4 Jasminesque is did finish 3rd in her last in this company. There is room for improvement. The Marc Keller-Bob Ribaudo combo have a knack of producing winners, sometimes when you least expect it. There’s a 2-panels stretch. “A Bridge Too Far”? I’m thinking more in terms of completing an exotic. Joey Martinez is in the irons.

Weekend Madness ships up from Hallandale where she was last seen running on the grass. The zoysia may not have been to her liking so Monsieur Clement has put her on the main in Ozone Park, NY. She could surprise…but then again. I’m not quite sure what to expect. I do know her connections paid mucho dinero for her. I’m sure they’re looking for returns. 2nd time Lasix. I’m gonna watch her on the track. Manny Franco’s is the irons.

Enjoyitwhilewecan appears to be rounding into form. I believe the 2-panels stretch will help. I strongly believe this bay filly wants to go longer. Here's her chance. Further, this filly’s recent morning work was outstanding. She blitzed four panels in an eye-popping :47.1, breezing. Rajiv Maragh reprises for Kiaran McLaughlin.

Canarsie Girl is another filly who’s stretching out. I believe this chestnut will benefit from the two-panels addition. Junior Alvarado is in the irons for trainer Gary Contessa.

Race Three:
Sower is my choice in the 100k Correction Stakes. I believe the one-panel cutback can do wonders for this Flatter-bred filly. This chestnut had an extremely sharp work in preparation for this race. Her trainer, Linda Rice, does well in most racing categories. Jose Lezcano has the call. Any moisture would help.

Honor Way is capable of completing an exotic, yet I personally don’t hold out much hope for her getting her picture taken. She was last seen in the Grade III Barbara Fritchie at Laurel. It was a race in which she was no factor. Eric Cancel for Linda Rice.

Yorkiepoo Princess will have to make her speed last. Dylan Davis will need to ration it out. I personally have my doubts that she can last. She has been installed as the 2-1 M/L second choice. She may be overbet. Personally, I believe she’s vulnerable, at least when it comes to picture-taking. A lesser award is certainly possible.

Sounds Delicious has been away for over 2 months; that’s a bit concerning. Although it should be noted that Linda Rice does well in that category. At her best, she can be there. She won this race last year by eight lengths. Oh, I’m using her, but, as been stated on other occasions, I am “buying insurance”. Manny Franco is in the irons.

5 Start with Silver was 3rd in this race last year. This Jump Start-bred will likely be coming “off the tailgate”. If the speed ties up, this gray mare is capable of picking up the pieces. In this highly competitive race she can be part.

6 Filibustin would appear to be the mare who is least likely to win here. I will say this much: If the track contains any moisture, this Bustin Stones-bred moves up. I believe that’s her only chance. The most capable Kenrick Carmouche is in the irons for Gary Contessa.Oh, this City Zip-bred turned in a solid recent work.

Race Four:

1 Eight Minute Ellie appears overmatched here. Yet, the blinkers are coming off. Will that help? Yet only one win in 17 tries is a concern. I’ll pass.

Moscows Got Talent was scratched out of yesterday’s card for this. Yet, I have my doubts. “Nyet!” Yet Kendrick Carmouche is a solid race-rider and trainer Eddie Allard sprint-sprint-route racing patterns. A minor award is possible.

Tequila Sunday (another scratch from yesterday’s card) is certainly possible. This chestnut mare was 2nd in this company last time. Her chances are enhanced by Manny Franco. Yet, only one win in 25 starts. Bob Kleasaris trains.

Needs No Ice is another filly who would move up on a wet track. This Behrens-bred has been highly competitive at this level. She certainly figures to be one of the contenders. Rajiv Maragh reprises for trainer John Morrison.

Carlisle Belle is another horse whom I believe would move up on a wet track. It should be noted that this Macho Uno-bred has faced better in the past. “A sleepah”? Possibly. Eric Cancel is in the irons for Gary Sciacca.

7 Lemon Crush was once a “contendah,” but, alas and alack, more recently, she’s become, as Marlon Brando once said, “a palooka”. It’s like the limbo: “How low can she go?” This Lemon Drop Kid-bred went off at about 5/2 in her last; she was trounced at the 16K level. I have trouble making a case for this gal unless there is a complete reversal of form. Dylan Davis for Mike Tannuzzo.

Race Five:

1 Boosted Ego has shown little in two tries at this level.

2 Detective Kid finished up the track against better. This filly does get Lasix and blinkers. Will those enhance? I’d watch the tote for any interest.

3 Princessof Philmar got off a beat slow. A more alert start would help. Eric Cancel enhances. Dave Duggan trains. He does well when going sprint to route. Not out of the question.

Abby Normal is an intriguing filly. She intriguing because I’m always looking for possible value. This gal was 2nd in her last, despite getting bumped. I believe there’s room for improvement. I’m using her in my gimmicks. Trainer David Donk does well w/horses entered in their 2nd route race. Dylan Davis is in the stirrups.

Heartbustingirl will have to carry her speed eight panels. She’s capable; yet will she “get the mile”. Frankly, I’m not so sure. She may be vulnerable; at least as the prohibitive top choice. Manny Franco must do everything to keep this Bustin Stones-bred together. If you’re putting her on top; I would most definitely encourage you to consider “insurance”. Todd Pletcher trains.

Disquiet is making that precipitous drop from MSWs to “a claimer”. That initself should say: Nota Bene! This 3-year old did zilch in her last. I’ll give her “a mulligan”. She is getting Lasix. Reylu Gutierrez reprises for the Keller-Ribaudo combo.

7 She Makes Me Smile was 3rd in this company in her last against better. This 3-year old looks like “a plodder”. To win, I doubt it. But to get part at a price, not out of the realm of possibilities. She’s capable of adding value to your exotics. Joey Martinez for Bruce Brown.

Miss Flambe did little against 50K types. Yet, she’d dropped back down into a field in which she’s capable of being competitive. I’m not looking at a straight win ticket, but she’s capable of completing an exotic. Trainer Chris Englehart does very well in the 2nd start with a trainer category. Chris DeCarlo is in the irons.

Race Six:

1 All Clear does not appear to be a contender.

Desert Lights was 3rd against tougher in this ridgling’s last. He fits. I’m not necessarily looking at a win ticket; yet to be part of a gimmick… If the racetrack is wet, it would aid and abet! Andre Worrie for Gary Gullo.

3 Support Our Cause broke his maiden in his last. Yet, he now stretches out an additional ½ panel. I ask: “Is that ‘a bridge too far’?” This 4-year old might be part today; yet I see him more in a supporting role. Mike Luzzi reprises for John Toscano, Jr.

Rockin Jo is cutting back one panel; that should help. So too are the services of jockey Kendrick Carmouche. Yet, this Paynter-bred is only 1 for 16, lifetime. That’s not very re-assuring. I’ll hedge here. Oh, this guy’s on my ticket, but I can’t use him as an “isolate”. I’ll back-wheel.

Buss the Bell has finished 3rd in his last two at this level. I see no reason why this Teufelsberg-bred can’t have his number up on the infield tote. Maybe not on top, but someplace underneath. Dalton Brown for Randi Persaud.

Altesino has been, as Simon and Garfinkle might have crooned, has been “slip-slidin’ away”. Yet, I ask: Can there be a reversal of fortunes? I believe, how remotely it may sound, a possibility. Yes, only 1 for 20, lifetime. However, I believe, as preposterous as it may sound, that this guy has a chance of putting his number up on the tote. If he does, it would add value. Jim Bond trains; Reylu Gutierrez is in the irons.

7 Imvros Pride offers little hope.

8 Jonathan McD will benefit if there is any wetness, otherwise…

Race Seven:

Thesis is, in my opinion, “a player”. Two-straight wins. Trainer Dave Duggan does well with horses making their 2nd start off a layoff. Junior Alvarado reprises.

2 Power Source faded in his last. A possible minor award. Luis Reyes for Bruce Brown.

Who’s Driving ships in from Prx. Manny Franco’s a plus. I’m not quite sure what to make of this guy. If I use him, it will be underneath. Alfredo Velazquez trains.

4 Big Mountain broke his maiden at Finger Lakes in his last. Yet that was many moons ago. I have my doubts. Is a minor award possible? I suppose. Rajiv Maragh for Ralph D’Allesandro.

5 Oh K Funnybone was second against similar in his last. I believe he’s capable of outrunning his odds. Racetrack wetness would improve his chances

Trance looks like the horse. A 2-panels cutback should help. So too, the services of Eric Cancel. Brad Cox is an excellent trainer. He does particularly well w/claiming events. I’m sure this Mineshaft-bred will be well bet.

Fleet Warrior looks like “a sleeper”. He would be helped by any moisture. Rob Atras does well w/first after a claim. He’s 3 out of 5 with horses who broke their maiden in their last race. Dylan Davis reprises.

Race Eight:

1 Almendro ships in from Prx where he won his last race. I see this Mark Salvaggio-trainee as being capable of hitting the tote. I’m looking more in a supporting role than a picture-taking one.

2 Funny Guy was ambitiously entered in the non-stakes Rego Park; he finished up the track. I must say I have my doubts. He does not amuse. “I’m funny how, I’m funny like a clown. I amuse you…” Joe Pesci (“Goodfellas”). Hey, in all seriousness, I just don’t see it! I mean this horse’s chances. I know… I just put the “bacio della morte” on this guy. Malocchio. “Evil Eye!”

Show Prince also took part in the Rego Park; yet unlike the previous horse, this guy frinished 4th at 44-1. Not too shabby. And now Gary Sciacca switches to Eric Cancel. You can add to the equation a recent stellar work in which this Posse-bred blitzed four panels in :47.4, breezing. I believe this 3-year old has a chance.

4 The Big Lebanese broke his maiden in his last. He now steps up into the winners’ category. Yet, I think this 3-year old is capable of hitting the tote. I would not leave him off your ticket. Bob Barbara trains and part owns. Dylan Davis is in the irons.

Saratoga Promise broke his maiden in an MSW at first-asking. I believe this bay gelding has a shot here in this highly competitive race. Jose Lezcano for Paul Barrow.

6 Trip Ups obliterated his competition on a sloppy track in his last. He might get part, but, frankly, I don’t see him as a contender. He would benefit from any moisture. Kendrick Carmouche for Scott Lake.

Hushion is another horse where wetness would help (that does not appear in the offing). Yet, this The Lumber Guy-bred is capable of gracing the tote. The veteran Mike Luzzi for Bruce Brown.

Rally Cap should be coming along as the field reaches the top of the stretch. I have my concerns about picture-taking, but to hit the board… Yes, I see that as most possible. Manny Franco for Ray Handal.

Race Nine:

Latin Love Bug might get a minor award. A solid recent work. Carlos Hernandez for John Toscano, Jr.

2 Infield Is In is 1 for 26, lifetime. I find him hard to recommend. Again, a possible minor award.

Change of Venue slides down the claiming ranks. That gives that Algorithms-bred a shot. I’m using this gelding in my plays.

Takeoff has faced better in the past. I believe he would move up on a wet track. I’m not enamored, but with a reduced field.

8 Panther Creek would be a total surprise.

Shipsandgoods is 1 for 28, lifetime. I find this Patriot Act-bred hard to recommend; yet, I’m not ruling out the possibility that he just might find his number up on the tote.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply