Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-17-2022, 01:29 AM   #16
FRMNBRI

This is classic. I scour the internet, YouTube, everything to find these post of guys loosing there shit on a horse race. The racing form whip, the finger snap, the "SEND HIM" you name it. I slammed my hand down on the counter pretty much bruising it one time, when Christain Torres in the slop at GP on the 4/5 favorite closing my pick 6 for 57k.(About 3 years ago). The horse or Torres went looking for the corn dog stand and decided to bolt right!!!! I still didn't react like this guy.

The other great one floating around out there was the tall lengthy guy screaming "OPEN HIM UP, OPEN HIM UP, OPEN HIM UP, UPEN HIM UP". If someone can find that one please post.
FRMNBRI is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2022, 03:45 AM   #17
Half Smoke

my fave part of it was when he put his hands together in a praying motion and said:

"I'm begging you - I'm begging you"

you know he had to get God involved in his bet_____________~:/

Old 12-17-2022, 04:13 AM   #18
Half Smoke

here you go - one more time - some Euro maniacs

the guy at 0:18 is not just a fan - he has SKILLS

I think I'm going to replay this 100 times

Old 12-17-2022, 05:10 AM   #19
judd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I miss those days...glad to see guys like that are still going strong...
just like the paper Sports Eye--miss those days
Old 12-17-2022, 08:53 AM   #20
Johnny V

I love it. "beat this roach", "be a race horse", "I'm begging ya". Too funny. Brings back some good funny memories for sure. BTW I miss that paper Sports Eye as well.
Johnny V is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2022, 09:59 AM   #21
v j stauffer

Sitting in the box seats at Golden Gate fields watching two Nor Cal legends, The Cusser and The Clapper are some of my fondest memories.

The Cusser NEVER cashed a bet. He'd start in on the riders even before the field left the gate.

The Clapper cashed lots of bets because he NEVER met a 3/5 shot he didn't like. After the chalk would win you could hear the claps start to gather momentum from the back of the apron. He'd get to the winner's circle, and they would get more and more intense.

The third guy was The SHAH. He descended from some far-removed Iranian royalty, but you could tell they disowned him long before. Every race was fixed, every jock and trainer a crook.

I wish I had a tape of my good friend Jamey Ough and his impression of the SHAH!. Very hard to describe but hilarious!
Old 12-17-2022, 10:13 AM   #22
CheckMark

A few I found on YouTube

Crazy George
Old 12-17-2022, 02:19 PM   #23
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I'd have to tell the original guy to sit down and shut up. If we had to scrap, so be it.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2022, 02:23 PM   #24
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post
my fave part of it was when he put his hands together in a praying motion and said:

"I'm begging you - I'm begging you"

you know he had to get God involved in his bet_____________~:/ .
You know the difference between praying in church and praying at the track, don't you?

At the track, you really mean it.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2022, 02:43 PM   #25
Dave Schwartz

Las Vegas crap dealers used to say that craps was a very religious game because of those prayers.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2022, 03:08 PM   #26
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Sitting in the box seats at Golden Gate fields watching two Nor Cal legends, The Cusser and The Clapper are some of my fondest memories.

The Cusser NEVER cashed a bet. He'd start in on the riders even before the field left the gate.

The Clapper cashed lots of bets because he NEVER met a 3/5 shot he didn't like. After the chalk would win you could hear the claps start to gather momentum from the back of the apron. He'd get to the winner's circle, and they would get more and more intense.

The third guy was The SHAH. He descended from some far-removed Iranian royalty, but you could tell they disowned him long before. Every race was fixed, every jock and trainer a crook.

I wish I had a tape of my good friend Jamey Ough and his impression of the SHAH!. Very hard to describe but hilarious!
Great story Vic- Every OTB has a clapper. The problem is they clap for ever race going off. So one one time I asked the "clapper" what he won. Of couse its always a big secret right? Well one day someone came sprinted past him like a wind gust to get the machine while they were loading so he wouldn't get locked out. The "clapper's" betting slips went flying (about 100 no joke). When I was helping picking his slips up I snuck a peek. The "Clapper" would bet 4-5 horses in each race to win for a buck!!!
FRMNBRI is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2022, 04:03 PM   #27
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
You know the difference between praying in church and praying at the track, don't you?

At the track, you really mean it.
Until the horses reach the wire. And then the bettors start taking the Lord's name in vain.
Old 12-17-2022, 04:13 PM   #28
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

True.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2022, 05:01 PM   #29
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
I love the whippers.

You know, the guys who use the rolled up form to whip themselves?
I only did that in my 20's when I was trying to catch the late double at Santa Anita after work, when I realized a little right handed pressure through the parking lot and to the windows could get me to run faster and make 3 races instead of 2.

I am very subdued watching races. I noticed most of the loud people don't bet very much.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2022, 05:37 PM   #30
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I'd have to tell the original guy to sit down and shut up. If we had to scrap, so be it.
I'm too wimpy/decrepit to kick any ass anymore but the biggest most dangerous looking guy in the building could be stressed out losing his paycheck and my wife will confidently tell him to Shut Up!!

then I start to pray