Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 09-04-2017, 11:13 AM   #1
Teach

Saratoga: Monday, September 4

Race One:

MARZO. Million-dollar Keeneland Sales purchase. Moisture, a plus. Medaglia d’Oro breeding helps in that category; solid wet-track pedigree “on bottom,” as well. Hall of Famer, Johnny V.’s, having a stellar Spa meet; percentage-wise. Trainer Todd Pletcher is one win up on Chad Brown for Spa training honors. Outside post may be a plus if rains created an outside track bias. Solid array of morning works. Most recently: 4 panels in :48.2, breezing…from the gate. Yet dam, Spring Party, had no winners from two starters. Others: , ,

Race Two:

, , ,

Race Three:

DRIVING ME CRAZY. Good wet-track pedigree, e.g., Forestry, etc. Trainer Jason Servis – in a word -- solid. He does exceedingly well w/claim repeaters. This 4 year-old grey does move up in class from his last-start win. Irad Ortiz, Jr. in the irons (vying with his brother, Jose, for riding honors). Gelding’s morning works: adequate. Others: , ,

Race Four:

YOUR LOVE. Huge class drop from Grade I Test to this OC. Yes, it’s a mano-e-mano, head-to-head, “take no prisoners,” tug o’ war between two of this nation’s top trainers. It makes for exciting racing. A rooting interest? Anyway. Any moisture (there should be some) will help this 3 year-old Flatter-bred, Chad Brown-trained bay filly. Running style aided by outside starting post. Decent-recent morning-works. Irad Ortiz, Jr. is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Five:

, , ,

Race Six:

ENGAGE. This 2 year-old bay colt went for slightly over a half-a-mill at Ocala. Only start, one-month ago, he finished 2nd, as chalk, to National Flag. This colt was bumped more times than Dodgem Cars (wand to electrified grid ceiling) at Hull, MA’s (just south of Boston) Paragon Park. “Mechanicsville Chad” Brown trains. He does exceedingly well with horses who were beaten-favorites in last. Two solid morning works since last race bolsters confidence. Outside post may work to his advantage (by now we’ll know how the track is playing, i.e., bias). Jose Ortiz is this colt’s pilot. Others: , ,

Race Seven:

HEART TO HEART. The Grade II Bernard Baruch. This English Channel-bred has been “on the shelf” for three months; yet, trainer Brian Lynch, “The Aussie” (he came to America to ride bulls about thirty years ago), does reasonably well in that category. Lynch does even better with horses entered in graded stakes and also those that were beaten favorites (this horse was caught at the wire at Santa Anita in the Grade I Shoemaker). Irad Ortiz, Jr. is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Eight:

BELLE OF THE SPA. Upset pick. Storm Cat-bred chestnut filly won her last, as the favorite, at Belmont about two months ago. Turf record is excellent (with limited numbers). Three races on lawn, two wins and one third. Well-rested. Decent-recent morning-work on lawn. Florent Giroux is a top-notch jockey; he does very well when riding in turf races. Bruce Brown trains this daughter of Awakened Beauty (broodmare had one winner from one starter and one turf winner). Others: , ,

Race Nine:

FIRENZE FIRE. Winner of the Grade III Sanford earlier in Spa meet. Moves up with track moisture. This bay colt is undefeated (broke his maiden at first asking at Monmouth in mid-June). Irad Ortiz, Jr. reprises the ride here in this, the 7-panels Grade I Hopeful. Jason Servis – he does exceptionally well with winners of their last race – is this colt’s conditioner. Others: , ,

Race Ten:

, , ,

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply