Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 01-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

Red face Top Horse Analytics: 01/03/2018 The End

Effective immediately, race picks and results will no longer be published at Pace Advantage or anywhere else for that matter. As some of you may know, I spend several hours each racing day to bring them to PA and my site. I just need to spend more time concentrating on my retirement, especially travelling to wild places with little or no Internet.

I intend to stay on PA because the members have a wealth of horse racing knowledge and are willing to share it, some with gusto. I've learned a lot here and was able to apply some of it to Top Horse Analytics over the years. Thanks for that but as you know, overcoming the takeout and breakage is very difficult.

Thanks for your understanding.

John
Augenj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 08:08 PM   #2
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Thank you for all that you have done here, John, it has been a pleasure conversing with you and following your work. You always are respectful to all and I will definitely miss both you and your data tables and picks...yet I understand..I have learned much. Good luck, be healthy and have fun in your future adventures...sincerely Vigors.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 08:11 PM   #3
Bennie

john - thank you for all you did and may I be the first to say that you will be missed. There comes a time when you need to say enough and start truly enjoying the wonders of this world before they or you are gone. You may find it hard to find a place with no internet as it seems to be everywhere but there are still a few hidden acres out there. Kind of like that commercial where people are driving off road and keep checking there phone to see if there is service. They keep driving until they reach a spot with no service available and that is where they pitch their camp.I am looking forward to my retirement in the years ahead and to traveling to Wyoming to try to find an area where there is a highway that could have been built many years ago by the army air corp, of which my father was a member after the war. He always wanted to go back there some day and used to tell us it was the most beautiful place he had ever seen. He never did make it back but I want to bring some thing of his and a little patch of dirt from his and my mom's grave site and place it somewhere so he can finally make it back there. It is something I have always promised myself I would do. I wish you the best and hope there are many adventures out there for you. When you pass a cell tower along the way drop a note to all of us here and let us now what you have been up to. Till then, happy trails.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 08:51 PM   #4
jay68802

Thanks, I will miss your posts. Great job, and enjoy the traveling.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 09:33 PM   #5
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Thank you for all that you have done here, John, it has been a pleasure conversing with you and following your work. You always are respectful to all and I will definitely miss both you and your data tables and picks...yet I understand..I have learned much. Good luck, be healthy and have fun in your future adventures...sincerely Vigors.
Thanks, Vigors. Your persistence helped move the bar, so to speak.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:36 PM   #6
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
john - thank you for all you did and may I be the first to say that you will be missed. There comes a time when you need to say enough and start truly enjoying the wonders of this world before they or you are gone. You may find it hard to find a place with no internet as it seems to be everywhere but there are still a few hidden acres out there. Kind of like that commercial where people are driving off road and keep checking there phone to see if there is service. They keep driving until they reach a spot with no service available and that is where they pitch their camp.I am looking forward to my retirement in the years ahead and to traveling to Wyoming to try to find an area where there is a highway that could have been built many years ago by the army air corp, of which my father was a member after the war. He always wanted to go back there some day and used to tell us it was the most beautiful place he had ever seen. He never did make it back but I want to bring some thing of his and a little patch of dirt from his and my mom's grave site and place it somewhere so he can finally make it back there. It is something I have always promised myself I would do. I wish you the best and hope there are many adventures out there for you. When you pass a cell tower along the way drop a note to all of us here and let us now what you have been up to. Till then, happy trails.
Thanks, Bennie. I know a few places where you're off the grid, generally in lightly populated valleys. I'll be checking in once in awhile.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #7
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Thanks, I will miss your posts. Great job, and enjoy the traveling.
Thanks, Jay. I appreciate the kind words.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:50 PM   #8
Fred Mertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenj View Post
I just need to spend more time concentrating on my retirement, especially travelling to wild places with little or no Internet.

I intend to stay on PA because the members have a wealth of horse racing knowledge and are willing to share it, some with gusto.
John,

You were a fixture while I visited daily over the past few years. It's good you have your priorities in order and it is also good to hear that you'll still be hanging out here.

Best wishes and thank you.
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 09:56 PM   #9
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Mertz View Post
John,

You were a fixture while I visited daily over the past few years. It's good you have your priorities in order and it is also good to hear that you'll still be hanging out here.

Best wishes and thank you.
Thanks, Fred, and you're welcome.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:49 AM   #10
ISU-horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenj View Post
Effective immediately, race picks and results will no longer be published at Pace Advantage or anywhere else for that matter. As some of you may know, I spend several hours each racing day to bring them to PA and my site. I just need to spend more time concentrating on my retirement, especially travelling to wild places with little or no Internet.

I intend to stay on PA because the members have a wealth of horse racing knowledge and are willing to share it, some with gusto. I've learned a lot here and was able to apply some of it to Top Horse Analytics over the years. Thanks for that but as you know, overcoming the takeout and breakage is very difficult.

Thanks for your understanding.

John
I don't post here often but I read your picks every day. Thanks for doing it.
ISU-horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2018, 06:12 AM   #11
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISU-horse View Post
I don't post here often but I read your picks every day. Thanks for doing it.
You're welcome. I wish I could continue on.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #12
Matrix1022

Hi you have help me from the start , thanks. Is there any way you can do just 2 days and make it easier for you and the greatness of thanks for this. If you ever feel you missed it a couple of days a week would be wonderful. I try going to track on Saturday I there's no work . Just a thought. I appreciate anything and all the great knowledge you have !!!
Matrix1022 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2018, 09:34 AM   #13
Alwaysonpoint36
loose on the lead

Enjoy your retirement man. Gonna miss THA and those ‘W’ horses, great work and it’s a legacy you should be immensely proud of.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #14
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix1022 View Post
Hi you have help me from the start , thanks. Is there any way you can do just 2 days and make it easier for you and the greatness of thanks for this. If you ever feel you missed it a couple of days a week would be wonderful. I try going to track on Saturday I there's no work . Just a thought. I appreciate anything and all the great knowledge you have !!!
Thanks. I'm glad THA was of some use to you.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:49 AM   #15
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysonpoint36 View Post
Enjoy your retirement man. Gonna miss THA and those ‘W’ horses, great work and it’s a legacy you should be immensely proud of.
Thanks AOP. Those "W" horses would shock once in awhile, eh?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: