Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-03-2023, 02:33 PM   #31
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I never needed it for anything, in another thread some talk about twenty something women I passed on posting. But if a twenty something women cared to salsa dance or even a tango my rusty self would not miss the chance.

I was into country dancing back in the day, the place where the real cowboys hung out could get a little out of hand. I bounced between them and where the Urban cowboys went.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2023, 07:47 AM   #32
maddog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
All the politicians who voted for the legalization of the recreational use of marijuana deserve to be taken out and shot, IMO. I knew that the politicians had an insatiable appetite for money...but I never thought that they would stoop as low as this. It's a fucking disgrace that I never thought I would witness in my lifetime.
Are you kidding?
Old 07-04-2023, 07:52 AM   #33
maddog42

When I look back on the stupid things I have done in my life, and their are quite a few, most of them involved alcohol. While I have occasionally smoked pot, very few were done under its influence. This also applies to most of my friends. Alcohol is a far more dangerous drug than marijuana.

Last edited by maddog42; 07-04-2023 at 07:55 AM.
maddog42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2023, 08:04 AM   #34
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I disagree with the rest of you old geezers. I do not smoke pot and never did.
If alcohol is legal so should pot be. I realize trying to measure intoxication is an issue. My longest tenured friend I go back 40 years with consumes marijuana on a daily basis, he got an early retirement, and is not exactly ambitious but never was. He does say what he buys at the dispensary is very potent so even though the price per ounce is higher his monthly pot bill has dropped from days gone by. He will not drive after smoking, nor did he ever start trouble when stoned.

I figure is is no more dangerous than alcohol so why not make it legal and tax the manufacturers and users. Legalizing it also stops wasting tax dollars on enforcement of laws on use and possession. I also have never had a friend get pot muscles and do something stupid, never witnessing aggressive behavior from a stoned person. No need to tell all the adventures of drunk and stupid I have witnessed.
100% , as a 65 yr old who has been around, booze does things to you that pot can never do. Booze ruins families and lives, pot does not. There is a huge difference between being an alcoholic and a pot head, and now we are learning that pot has some health benefits
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2023, 08:07 AM   #35
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post
When I was growing up in the Bronx, everyone that I knew that smoked marijuana eventually mixed their marijuana with other intoxicants.
The male drug users that I knew committed every kind of crime imaginable including armed robbery and murder. Many of them were killed by others or committed suicide.

"A study from 2012, published in the Journal of Interpersonal Violence, analyzed more than 9,000 adolescents in the United States. Based on their answers, this survey revealed that "marijuana use was associated with a doubling of domestic violence" in the country. In a 2017 issue of Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, researchers studied "drivers of violence" in 6,000 men and discovered that "drug use was linked to a fivefold increase in violence."

The drug that was used in almost every incident? Cannabis."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-mass-violence
i call bs on that, yeah it could be a gateway if your so inclined, but drivers of violence, cannabis?
Old 07-04-2023, 08:11 AM   #36
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
thanks, haven't tried them yet.

from what I understand, the gummies have both THC and CBD, so that it stops some of the anxiety that THC normally causes. Some even use it for sleep.

Supposedly some options. I've never been to a dispensary. The doctor that I met was very enthusiastic about it. I don't know if he used it or what.
the edibles are extremely potent, probably best for medicinal purposes
Old 07-04-2023, 08:38 AM   #37
Richie

Quote:
thanks, haven't tried them yet.

from what I understand, the gummies have both THC and CBD, so that it stops some of the anxiety that THC normally causes. Some even use it for sleep.

Supposedly some options. I've never been to a dispensary. The doctor that I met was very enthusiastic about it. I don't know if he used it or what.
Old 07-04-2023, 08:42 AM   #38
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I'm with Richie
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2023, 09:21 AM   #39
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Mornings are better with TCB oil, 4 Hour Energy, and blabk coffee.
The only thing better would be a difibrilator, but they are expensive.
Old 07-04-2023, 09:46 AM   #40
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
100% , as a 65 yr old who has been around, booze does things to you that pot can never do. Booze ruins families and lives, pot does not. There is a huge difference between being an alcoholic and a pot head, and now we are learning that pot has some health benefits
Isn't it weird how you hardly EVER hear about any lung cancer-associated risks with SMOKING pot?

Why is that?

And don't tell me it's because people only smoke up once a day or whatever.

There are people out there (a lot of them vape now or take edibles...) who smoke pot a LOT. Not like two-pack-a-day smokers...but still...a lot.

Way more than the non-smoker...lol

And yet...the media is never going on about the dangers of pot smoking in terms of lung health.

VAPING...yeah...they bend over backwards to warn kids about that...all the damage you can do to your lungs (which is basically BS compared to smoking ANYTHING)

So...just wondering...
Old 07-04-2023, 10:42 AM   #41
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
One of the three experiences in the past 20 years was a girlfriend who had a friend who did her own baking of edibles.

If I had known wtf I was about to eat, 1-bite! would have been fine to test for a couple hours, and see where I'm at with it. I had a brownie or two...

guess it was a highly potent, low CBD strain /more stimulating

whatever the case; extreme anxiety... intense at times.. I knew it was simply a panic attack and that I wasn't 'actually dying' but with the heart and health issues I've been through it's even less fun to experience that. Didn't sleep until morning. Ruined what would have been another good time staying over w/ the friend.
Old 07-04-2023, 11:56 AM   #42
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Isn't it weird how you hardly EVER hear about any lung cancer-associated risks with SMOKING pot?

Why is that?

There are people out there (a lot of them vape now or take edibles...) who smoke pot a LOT. Not like two-pack-a-day smokers...but still...a lot.

And yet...the media is never going on about the dangers of pot smoking in terms of lung health.

VAPING...yeah...they bend over backwards to warn kids about that...all the damage you can do to your lungs (which is basically BS compared to smoking ANYTHING)

So...just wondering...

My longest tenured friend who lives back in Cali is a professional marijuana connoisseur. I would say he easily is the equivalent

of a two pack a day smoker, maybe more. I believe how the pot is often smoked reduces the lung damage compared to cigarettes. Even if you go back before all the recent paraphernalia was invented and compare smoking through a bong to a filtered cigarette, big difference. You are getting cooled smoke with a lot of the particulates filtered out. He had this one freaking thing right before I moved East that looked like he was smoking out of a bag pipe.
Old 07-04-2023, 12:04 PM   #43
Inner Dirt

Quote:
One of the three experiences in the past 20 years was a girlfriend who had a friend who did her own baking of edibles.

As someone who has found the only pain relief worth a crap I get are from PITA to acquire opioids and muscle relaxers, I am always open to try most anything. I think I have tried everything except acupuncture. My pot smoking friend was always given samples of edibles every time he made purchases at the dispensary. That was a dozen plus years ago, but that crap was nasty. It was so nasty my friend who has the world's biggest sweet tooth took a whole week to nibble away at a brownie. If that was a normal brownie it would not have lived 15 seconds after being removed from the wrapper.
Old 07-04-2023, 01:12 PM   #44
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Why is that?

So...just wondering...
Common sense will tell you that inhaling smoke into your lungs regardless how benign cannot be good for you.
Old 07-04-2023, 01:19 PM   #45
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Common sense will tell you that inhaling smoke into your lungs regardless how benign cannot be good for you.

True, but what the average pot smoker inhales compared to what a cigarette smoker inhales is what? Who has a bigger chance of life threatening liver damage? The guy who a twelve pack of Lite Beer lasts a week or the guy who burns through a fifth of Bourbon every two days?