Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-25-2018, 09:07 AM   #976
woodtoo

Has Mrs.Ford filed a police report yet? I don't think so.
Without a police report there can be no investigation and thus no crime.

It is a crime to file a false police report so she probably won't be charged.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2018, 09:08 AM   #977
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Has Mrs.Ford filed a police report yet? I don't think so.
Without a police report there can be no investigation and thus no crime.

It is a crime to file a false police report so she probably won't be charged.
no police report, no testifying before congress. why? easy. She won't purger herself.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2018, 09:11 AM   #978
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
From an article at "The Federalist":

http://thefederalist.com/2018/09/24/...iped-november/
exactly. If K isn't voted on and confirmed before the mid terms you might as well hand the key to the dems.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:20 AM   #979
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
She won't purger herself.
How can she purger herself if there is no way to prove or disprove what she is saying?
Old 09-25-2018, 09:34 AM   #980
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
why does this have to be both sides? can't we do anything in this country only for the good of the place instead of trying to be one up on each other ?
We can't agree on anything for the common good if we can't even discuss it. The far left, the Social Justice Warriors (SJW) have proclaimed that talking about anything other than what they believe in is hate speech, and that they have a right to be protected from even hearing such hatred.

You can't compromise with people who live in safe spaces and will not allow you within those spaces.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:51 AM   #981
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
If Kavanaugh was to drop out, or be dropped, do you think that the next nominee would have any less respect and support for the Bill of Rights, including the 2nd Amendment?
I don't know, but we're gonna find out
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2018, 10:06 AM   #982
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
No, we are not.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2018, 10:24 AM   #983
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
What ever happens will have no bearing on gun rights, but the way they are going, there is a good chance the Republicans will collectively shoot themselves in the foot.

In the modern era, it appears that the worst thing that can happen to a political party is to gain control of the White House and both houses of Congress. The Dems self-destructed under Obama, and now the GOP is heading down the same road.

I look for the Dems to take the House in November, resulting in federal gridlock for the next two years. Not that that would be a bad thing.

As to the gun rights issue that appears to be the fright monster under your bed, there is enough popular and bipartisan support at the grass roots level for the 2nd Amendment that even Dem politicians see more gun control as too hot to handle.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:40 AM   #984
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
How can she purger herself if there is no way to prove or disprove what she is saying?
By skillful questioning and her contradicting herself. Although she is scheduled to testify on Thursday, many feel she will back out (at the last minute). The dims have succeeded in delaying the vote.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2018, 11:30 AM   #985
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
good point.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:31 AM   #986
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
By skillful questioning and her contradicting herself. Although she is scheduled to testify on Thursday, many feel she will back out (at the last minute). The dims have succeeded in delaying the vote.
she's already backing out. He will be confirmed this week.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #987
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
she's already backing out. He will be confirmed this week.
I doubt she will testify. Basically, her demands were all about giving a narrative statement, without being under oath, about how the nominee ruined her life without any facts to support her story. And all of us, except Rep. Ellison, must believe her because all men are evil.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2018, 12:26 PM   #988
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
Thanks for just stating your biased opinion, Lindsay, without making any attempt whatsoever to justify it.
biased opinion or informed opinion?

There are fundamental facts missing with witnesses who are not backing up her story. When did it become OK to smear someone without facts and since this is a new precedent how are you going to handle it if Rebublicans use the same tactics for a Dem Nominee?

Your side seems very happy to use any means necessary to destroy your perceived political opponents.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2018, 12:52 PM   #989
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
don't put me in with the people that like this guy. in my eyes he is a complete lowlife.

give me a different guy with the same views that he claims he has and i am good with that. my beef is him, not his policies.

we pay our taxes, we deserve better than Cavanaugh.
Why are the democrats so desperate to stop Kavanaugh from being seated? He must be a danger to the democrat agenda.

After seeing how desperate the democrats are, I really want to see Kavanaugh seated.

About the selective outrage, I already referenced Debra Katz and her defense of then Gov. Bill Clinton, whenthe Gov. exposed his erect penis to Paula Jones and asked her to perform an oral massage.

How can the dems be outraged about a flaccid penis without any suggestions of a sexual act, when according to Clinton's defense atty, Katz's, theory and the trial judge agreeing Bill's wagging was not sexual harassment and thus Paula Jones could not have been traumatized due to Gov. Clinton's exposed his erect penis, while asking for a sexual favor? I guess a flaccid penis is more threatening.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2018, 01:06 PM   #990
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
I doubt she will testify. Basically, her demands were all about giving a narrative statement, without being under oath, about how the nominee ruined her life without any facts to support her story. And all of us, except Rep. Ellison, must believe her because all men are evil.
there's something about her deal that she doesn't want to be under oath. I'm convinced it has to do with lying under oath. That right there tells me all I need to know.