Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #2041
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Projection of Kavanaugh vote---->53-47 for confirmation....and yes, that means 1 or more Dems are flipping to confirm...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #2042
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Projection of Kavanaugh vote---->53-47 for confirmation....and yes, that means 1 or more Dems are flipping to confirm...
I also believe he will be confirmed 51-50 whatever, I don't really care. It is very important that someone is charged to show (would be) or false accusers that there will be a cost for lying. And who ever leaked Fords letter.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #2043
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
I also believe he will be confirmed 51-50 whatever, I don't really care. It is very important that someone is charged to show (would be) or false accusers that there will be a cost for lying. And who ever leaked Fords letter.
There could have been only two entities who leaked the letter: Feinstein or someone on her staff.

Oh wait...Maybe a Republican broke into her office. Probably Flake.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:00 PM   #2044
woodtoo

From the Venerable NYTimes:Brett Kavanaugh threw ice in "Bar Fight in 1985."
Old 10-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #2045
woodtoo

From the Venerable Cory Booker on cspan: "it doesn't matter if he is innocent or guilty, this is not a trial, he should not be on the court."
Old 10-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #2046
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
Found On Road Discredited
Old 10-02-2018, 06:17 PM   #2047
woodtoo

From the Venerable Senator John Kennedy(R-LA): "If you think this is about searching for the truth, put the bong down."
Old 10-02-2018, 06:37 PM   #2048
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
The only witness to Ford naming Kavanaugh in 1982 is supposedly her husband.
Where is his sworn testimony?
Where was he at the hearing?
Where were her parents?
Literally no one is backing up this 2 door Ford. NO ONE backs up this Ford!!!

She lies!!!!
Parents do not want involved because both are CIA. Brother does not want involved because he was with firm that started fusionGPS. Her own social media has been cleared because she is a dem hack. Her work history includes teaching a class on intro to CIA. She has been extremely diligent trying to remember all of her lies and keeping them straight. Her memory and acting are fine, but odd that she can not remember (what she as already said) 2 months ago and yet some believe her memory of 35+ years?

I do not have any mainstream media links to any of this, because they would never print/say any of this because it does not fit their narrative.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #2049
MutuelClerk

I LIKE BEER
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2018, 06:54 PM   #2050
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
How is this projection being made?
The three Repugs to watch for, of course, are the Flake, Collins, and Murkowski.
Heitkamp and Manchin from the Dims are going to sit and wait to see how these three vote before they vote.
If two of these three Repugs vote to pass Kavanaugh, the two Dims will as well.
At that point, it's all for show because it doesn't matter how any of the Dims vote.
But if two of these three Repugs vote against passing Kavanaugh, the two Dims will tow the party line and Kavanaugh's nomination will be stalled.
So the two Dims aren't really a factor.
It's all down to Jeff Flake, Susan Collins, and Lisa Murkowski.
Either at least two of them will vote in favour of passing Kavanaugh or at least two of them will vote against passing Kavanaugh.
At this point, that's ALL that matters, given that everything else is in place.
Since, at the present time, no one KNOWS how these three Repugs will vote, these "expert" projections aren't worth the bandwidth they are taking up.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #2051
Burls
Veteran

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1MC22M

Flake concerned by Kavanaugh's 'partisan' interactions at Senate hearing

“I was very troubled by the tone of the remarks. ... The interaction with the members was sharp and partisan, and that concerns me,” said Flake, who was instrumental in initiating a week-long FBI investigation into the allegations. “I tell myself, ‘You give a little leeway because of what he’s been through.’ But on the other hand, we can’t have this on the court. We simply can’t.”

Uh Oh ...
This doesn't bode well for Mitch the Turtle's team.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:02 PM   #2052
Burls
Veteran

https://www.businessinsider.com/susa...anaugh-2018-10

One Republican senator who could tank Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court ambitions says the FBI should investigate allegations brought by Julie Swetnick

Sen. Susan Collins of Maine wants the FBI to take seriously the sexual misconduct allegations brought forth by Julie Swetnick as part of the agency's renewed investigation surrounding Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Uh Oh.
Poor old Mitch.
I feel so badly for him.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:05 PM   #2053
Burls
Veteran

http://www.ktva.com/story/39208946/s...g-metoo-moment

Murkowski acknowledges her own #MeToo moment during interview

In a prepared email statement, Murkowski criticized how members from both parties have conducted themselves, saying that allowing the FBI some time to renew its background investigation is warranted.

"After a full day of testimony, I continued to express concerns to my colleagues about how this process has been handled by both sides of the aisle," she said. "In order to fully and fairly complete our due diligence, allowing the FBI up to one week to supplement its background investigation is appropriate. It is important to have a fair process for the sake of both Judge Kavanaugh and Dr. Ford, as well as the integrity of both the judicial branch and the Senate confirmation process."

The word is that Mitch the Turtle has retreated into his shell.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:17 PM   #2054
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1MC22M

Flake concerned by Kavanaugh's 'partisan' interactions at Senate hearing

“I was very troubled by the tone of the remarks. ... The interaction with the members was sharp and partisan, and that concerns me,” said Flake, who was instrumental in initiating a week-long FBI investigation into the allegations. “I tell myself, ‘You give a little leeway because of what he’s been through.’ But on the other hand, we can’t have this on the court. We simply can’t.”

Uh Oh ...
This doesn't bode well for Mitch the Turtle's team.
What makes you think any sitting justice can't or shouldn't be partisan outside the courtroom? Do judges put on their pants or skirts differently than everyone else?

And you have forgotten what someone posted recently about Ginsberg's remarks about what she would do if Trump should become president. Good thing I never take a lib at their word, otherwise I'd be long dead.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:21 PM   #2055
chadk66

Most recent polls here have Heitkamp down 10 points to Cramer. And her liberal constituents are at 65% approval of Kavanaugh I'm hearing. So I think she will be a yes or she will have zero chance of winning in Nov.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply