Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:50 PM   #781
fast4522

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/11/presi...astate-us.html

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TS.jpg (15.1 KB, 86 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 01:34 AM   #782
johnhannibalsmith

It just gets better every day.
WASHINGTON -- While many Republican presidential candidates continue to bash Planned Parenthood for controversial videos revealing its work on aborted fetal tissue research, frontrunner Donald Trump has decided zig where his rivals have zagged.

In an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity on Tuesday night, Trump mounted a defense of the women's health provider, noting "they do good things that aren't having to do with abortion."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ef=mostpopular

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 07:40 AM   #783
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
he's probably on target with that statement as he is with most of what he says. he is turning out to be a hero and will do whatever it takes to save this place.

the devaluation by China has more than likely been planned for many years in order to get us. let us not forget that their goal for centuries has been to take over the world. they can't do it with guns now, so they are going the financial route.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 07:52 AM   #784
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
he's probably on target with that statement as he is with most of what he says. he is turning out to be a hero and will do whatever it takes to save this place.
yeah...REALLY...what be that PRAY tell...I'll repeat what I wrote in another thread...

yes Trump has TRUMPETED the truth on some things...but what's HE GOING to do ABOUT them....not a word or peep....it's like the health care bill...gotta elect him to find out...
Old 08-12-2015, 07:58 AM   #785
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

actually, he said he would solve problems.

What else?
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 09:09 AM   #786
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage

yes Trump has TRUMPETED the truth on some things...but what's HE GOING to do ABOUT them....not a word or peep....it's like the health care bill...gotta elect him to find out...
Trump said that he would repeal ObamaCare and replace it with "something terrific". How can anyone question that as a great demonstration of leadership?
Old 08-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #787
ArlJim78

I watched a campaign speech he made last night in michigan where he spoke for a good 45 min or so.
Call him what you want-clown, blowhard, unconventional, thin skinned- but I tell you what, he had that crowd eating out of his hand and I can't believe I'm saying this, but he sounded like a leader, even presidential.

I wonder if all the pundits and experts have underestimated him?
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 01:08 PM   #788
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
I watched a campaign speech he made last night in michigan where he spoke for a good 45 min or so.
Call him what you want-clown, blowhard, unconventional, thin skinned- but I tell you what, he had that crowd eating out of his hand and I can't believe I'm saying this, but he sounded like a leader, even presidential.

I wonder if all the pundits and experts have underestimated him?

So far, ONLY Donald Trump has demonstrated any understanding to the problems facing this country. He is just one of only 2-or-3 other GOP contenders that have the brain power to communicate this to the American people.

Right now, the GOP pooh-bahs are looking (and even planning behind the scenes) to take him out of the race. How? Who knows, for sure. One way might be is to not include him in any more debates, notably in New Hampshire; I heard that some even want to prevent his name from appearing on a few of the early primary states' ballots.

If the GOP goes that route, then they could nominate Abraham Lincoln or Ronald Reagan and the GOP will still lose in 2016.

The GOP ruling class, the political advisor community, the Fortune 1000 hoodlums and the idiotic media punditry set, all have no clue about what the American people want. Calling Trump all these names work in The Donald's favor, and they don't even know that!

Trump is supposed to be the clown in the race but did anyone really think Jeb Bush did well in the debate? Or even Scott Walker? Rick Perry? Rand Paul? Let's be objective. Some of these guys have been 'running' for many years now and they were still unprepared, scared, programmed and inarticulate. Trump never carries even a cue card and he's getting his point across and connecting to the people.

Pretty soon, and I mean it with no hyperbole intended, this race could very well be over!
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 01:40 PM   #789
thaskalos

I don't understand the American voter. He likes Trump, because Trump is a billionaire who doesn't have to toe the political line, and can afford to speak his mind freely. But then he hates Trump, when Trump occasionally exhibits the condescending attitude that billionaires typically exude.

What is the American voter looking for; a modest and reserved billionaire?
Old 08-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #790
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless

Right now, the GOP pooh-bahs are looking (and even planning behind the scenes) to take him out of the race. How? Who knows, for sure. One way might be is to not include him in any more debates, notably in New Hampshire; I heard that some even want to prevent his name from appearing on a few of the early primary states' ballots.
Where did you hear this stuff from? Do you really think that the GOP would actually try to not invite a legal candidate to debates who, reportedly, ranked 31% in a national poll?

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #791
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Gus, I only want what Diogenes wanted to find.
All I ever get is what Damocles found!

Last edited by Tom; 08-12-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 02:05 PM   #792
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Gus, I only want what Diogenes wanted to find.
He couldn't find it...and neither will you.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #793
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Where did you hear this stuff from? Do you really think that the GOP would actually try to not invite a legal candidate to debates who, reportedly, ranked 31% in a national poll?
I didn't make it up if that's what you're implying, ray.

Not sure exactly where, but it was either on Bloomberg Radio one morning this week, or on the Bloomberg TV show with John Heilemann and Mark Halperin. They had Roger Stone on and he may have said it.

Now, to answer your other question:

I personally don't think the GOP will not invite Trump to any debates.

But understand this. The GOP is not obligated in any way to invite him or any other candidate. They didn't invite Gary Johnson, a registered Republican who was a two-term governor, in 2008. This year, they created this 'rule' that only the candidates that poll in the top 10 get a seat at the debates. That gives them a wide window to look through. No one that I know felt that Christie and Kasich actually polled better at the time than either Perry or Fiorina, so, it's likely the GOP uses it's own rules to rule the process.

Just let's not think for a second that the GOP pooh-bahs are above and beyond using any sort of skullduggery required to advance their agenda.

They tried to stop Reagan in the 1980 New Hampshire primary, but it didn't work then, and when he eventually won the nomination, they secretly financed John Anderson's 3rd Party run. I brought that out a week or so ago, but no one thought that to be an interesting enough topic to continue on.

The GOP hates both Trump and conservatives --the base-- just enough that any b-s from them wouldn't surprise me. I'll repeat what I said in my earlier post -- if the GOP pulls a stunt like denying Trump a spot on any debate stage, they will lose in 2016 regardless of the nominee.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 02:52 PM   #794
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
But understand this. The GOP is not obligated in any way to invite him or any other candidate. They didn't invite Gary Johnson, a registered Republican who was a two-term governor, in 2008. This year, they created this 'rule' that only the candidates that poll in the top 10 get a seat at the debates. That gives them a wide window to look through. No one that I know felt that Christie and Kasich actually polled better at the time than either Perry or Fiorina, so, it's likely the GOP uses it's own rules to rule the process.
The debates are hosted, generally by a TV network alone or in conjunction with another entity. The hosts determine the conditions for participation. The recent debate was hosted by Fox, and it was Fox that established that there would be two sessions, and who got to be in each. The Top Ten rule was set by Fox, not by the GOP.

The next debate is hosted by CNN and the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. They have their own rules. It will be a one event free for all, and they have already invited 16 candidates.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/12/cnn-i...t-debates.html
Old 08-12-2015, 02:55 PM   #795
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
It will be a one event free for all, and they have already invited 16 candidates.

l
16 candidates?
That is madness.
Didn't they see that 10 was far too many during the last one???
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply