Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-24-2018, 01:07 PM   #136
linrom1
Veteran

I don't like Gun Runner's post position. I don't think he has won coming from this far on the outside especially with Giant Expectations and Seeking the Soul to the outside of him.

These three are compromised by their post positions and will have to attempt to clear each other or get stuck wide like Chrome did.

If you were going to set up this race for Sharp Azteca, you couldn't assign him a better post.
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 01:13 PM   #137
Mc990

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1 View Post
I don't like Gun Runner's post position. I don't think he has won coming from this far on the outside especially with Giant Expectations and Seeking the Soul to the outside of him.

These three are compromised by their post positions and will have to attempt to clear each other or get stuck wide like Chrome did.

If you were going to set up this race for Sharp Azteca, you couldn't assign him a better post.
Agree completely. Considering the draw and recent form of some others in here, Sharp Azteca has a real chance to bury this field. Think he has to be considered the most likely winner.
Mc990 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #138
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
He went two turns on Breeders' Cup day at Del Mar.
He did, i was there, not sure how I forgot. He wasn't very good that day I'm my opinion.

Last edited by cj; 01-24-2018 at 04:55 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 04:56 PM   #139
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Pace Projector for the Pegasus attached:

Attached Images
File Type: png PegasusPP.png (30.8 KB, 48 views)
Old 01-24-2018, 04:58 PM   #140
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Pace Projector for the Pegasus attached:
Pretty sure Collected will be pushed out of the gate. IMO he'll be in front of Gun Runner into the first turn BUT I have been wrong before.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 05:11 PM   #141
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Pretty sure Collected will be pushed out of the gate. IMO he'll be in front of Gun Runner into the first turn BUT I have been wrong before.
The Pace Projector isn't perfect by any means, but when people try to outguess it efficiency increases by 70%! (And that includes me!) Joking aside, it is a tool that should be used as a starting point. We expect and want people to disagree.

Last edited by cj; 01-24-2018 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:12 PM   #142
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
The Pace Projector isn't perfect by any means, but when people try to outguess it efficiency increases by 70%! (And that includes me!)
Old 01-24-2018, 06:10 PM   #143
Bennie

I can see all the inside horses running as the pace projector shows but if Gun Runner is at that position at first call he is going to have to work early to get position. I hope he will lay off a little early but not enough where Sharp Azteca get an easy run. Or hopefully someone else pushes Azteca a little and Runner can sit off their shoulder a few lengths back. Everyone will be live to Gun Runner in the rainbow, if it is still alive and every other person will have Sharp Azteca. Will need to find the odd man out to have a shot at the rainbow pool. Just hoping they all come back safe and looking forward to an exciting race. And that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 07:15 PM   #144
Afleet

Did anyone watch West Coasts workouts? One work, about two weeks ago, they were whipping him to gallop out-wasn't that impressed and he is the one I like the most for the upset
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 08:31 PM   #145
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
Did anyone watch West Coasts workouts? One work, about two weeks ago, they were whipping him to gallop out-wasn't that impressed and he is the one I like the most for the upset
He always has been a crappy work horse, thats why they just were never that high on him last year and slow played him. That being said I am not sure about his chances here, he needs to improve and that inside draw may leave him some real traffic trouble going into the far turn. His best races were near the front and I wonder if he has that closing punch, good enough to be the the top horses, if he is more of a closer. He is also likely to be overbet in this spot as second choice.

I feel like Collected off his last race will and Sharp Azteca due to the distance are the only value in the race.

It does look like its only 4 horses that can win. I think I would press with Gun Runner and just back up to the other 2 with just a small saver to West Coast.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 08:33 PM   #146
Andy Asaro

What does Rosario do on Stellar Wind? My guess is he takes way back and makes one big run.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:00 PM   #147
GMB@BP

Quote:
What does Rosario do on Stellar Wind? My guess is he takes way back and makes one big run.
He has no choice, she is way to slow early to go with these ones.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 09:03 PM   #148
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
He has no choice, she is way to slow early to go with these ones.
She used to be a dead closer but recently has stalked. Be interesting to see if first time Brown moves her up.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:08 PM   #149
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
He always has been a crappy work horse, thats why they just were never that high on him last year and slow played him. That being said I am not sure about his chances here, he needs to improve and that inside draw may leave him some real traffic trouble going into the far turn. His best races were near the front and I wonder if he has that closing punch, good enough to be the the top horses, if he is more of a closer. He is also likely to be overbet in this spot as second choice.

I feel like Collected off his last race will and Sharp Azteca due to the distance are the only value in the race.

It does look like its only 4 horses that can win. I think I would press with Gun Runner and just back up to the other 2 with just a small saver to West Coast.
His work reminded me of Mor Spirits' works before the BC-I knew he wasn't going to run. Collected will be a drop dead send after that poor ride in his last. Think Azteca has to go also, leaving Gunrunner 3-4 wide for a majority of the race
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 09:29 PM   #150
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
She used to be a dead closer but recently has stalked. Be interesting to see if first time Brown moves her up.
She stalked in slow paced, small field races.