Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #46
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
You realize you're talking to a dreg who just suggested that both Obama and Hillary are "directly involved" in a child sex slave operation, right?

Is there really any point in continuing the conversation?
No, there's no point in continuing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ltnzaF...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-06-2016, 04:11 PM   #47
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
We haven't figured out what he knew and how he knew it.
You keep on working at it then, Sherlock. I think you meant that they haven't figured it out. Unless you ,yourself are investigating.

Last edited by jk3521; 12-06-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #48
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
You keep on working at it then, Sherlock. I think you meant that they haven't figured it out. Unless you ,yourself are investigating.
No I'm not investigating, I'll leave that to the experts.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:19 PM   #49
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
It's pretty obvious that the major companies you list are all just talking heads who are parroting what the owners and higher ups at those companies narrative, that defines it as fake, they're unwatchable and unreadable.
Why do you think the NY Times has fired every reporter they caught lying or making up stories? Jayson Blair and Mike Finkel were two high profile examples.

How about NBC suspending Brian Williams for making stuff up?

What percentage of their stories do you think are fake?

When I was on the speaking circuit, I had a slide that I called "Policy by Tinkerbell." It referenced people who thought if they wished for something hard enough, it became true, just like bringing Tinkerbell to life.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:09 PM   #50
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
Why do you think the NY Times has fired every reporter they caught lying or making up stories? Jayson Blair and Mike Finkel were two high profile examples.

The appropriate question is what percentage of their articles are misleading, biased, leave out pertinent facts, etc.. in order to advance an agenda as opposed to providing news coverage.

It might also make some sense to read the following article about their CEO given the recent accusations.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/1656...lori-handrahan
Old 12-06-2016, 05:16 PM   #51
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing

When I was on the speaking circuit, I had a slide that I called "Policy by Tinkerbell." It referenced people who thought if they wished for something hard enough, it became true, just like bringing Tinkerbell to life.
For me, its a 3 headed monster.

1) I dont know which stories are true and which are false, no doubt that not all of them are false or misleading, but i don't have time to read an article and then research that article to see if i'm being lied to, so even if i think 1 percent of the articles there are false or misleading and i have to read other articles on the subject in order to form a 'consensus' on believability, i have a problem with that.

2) Reporters who are beholden to Carlos Slim and his 'world views' could possibly be writing things that aren't true to their hearts or things that they would otherwise write if they had their own twitter feed or blog and were free of an 'employer'. I don't need news from a 'reporter' when i can go to twitter or youtube and get the real thoughts of a journalist who isn't beholden to Carlos's blog, i get their real feelings without anyone telling them what narrative to push.

3) Im a Trump fan, i'm generally a democrat who leans towards the middle at heart, i'm not a staunch republican, i can't stand Romney, or Bush or McCain, so when those guys were running, i was rooting for the left. I'm also a 'candidate guy' and don't have a party, if i like the candidate, that's where i'm going and the NYT is anti Trump for the most part, so i try and make it a habit of not reading news from people who don't like Trump, i'd rather read and listen to Trump fans and organizations who support him, so even if NYT was all real, they're still left biased, so i would tend to not read their articles just on that basis alone, fake or not.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:09 PM   #52
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Is there really any point in continuing the conversation?
You know, there are people in this world who thought it would be insane to think Nixon would have been involved in something like Watergate or that OJ Simpson would have been arrested and put on trail for the murder of his ex-wife and her lover...or the countless other number of celebrities and otherwise "respectable" people who have been caught doing monstrous things...

But to just dismiss allegations because of their horrifying nature or because of who the people are that are being scrutinized? That's quite foolish, don't you think?

I don't know much about this story, so don't take this post as me putting any stock into this conspiracy theory. But just because it's an outrageous conspiracy theory at this point, or just because the people involved are "important," doesn't automatically make it false.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:11 PM   #53
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
If you are trying to prove Trump supporters are nitwits; that was proven months ago.
Still butt-hurt over the election much?
Old 12-08-2016, 12:11 AM   #54
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
If you are trying to prove Trump supporters are nitwits; that was proven months ago.
Re:Trump... "He's smarter than you".
Old 12-08-2016, 08:27 AM   #55
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

And then putting on PMSNBC. Yeah, they are serious!

Given their track record, I would not believe s single story coming out of NBC.
The cure is to sell the place get rid of the root cause - the owners.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:09 AM   #56
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
You know, there are people in this world who thought it would be insane to think Nixon would have been involved in something like Watergate or that OJ Simpson would have been arrested and put on trail for the murder of his ex-wife and her lover...or the countless other number of celebrities and otherwise "respectable" people who have been caught doing monstrous things...

But to just dismiss allegations because of their horrifying nature or because of who the people are that are being scrutinized? That's quite foolish, don't you think?

I don't know much about this story, so don't take this post as me putting any stock into this conspiracy theory. But just because it's an outrageous conspiracy theory at this point, or just because the people involved are "important," doesn't automatically make it false.

call it what it really is. TERRORISM

Exactly what happened in Benghazi. "I heard the Americans made a video insulting Mohammed, let's go to the Consulate and check it out, bring your AR's"

We spend years talking about ISIS recruiting DIMWITS via the Internet USING LIES! AND FAKE NEWS!!! , well Chump stole their tactics and won the Presidency
Old 12-08-2016, 10:03 AM   #57
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Sucks to be you I guess. I'm fine with it...
Old 12-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #58
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Sucks to be you I guess. I'm fine with it...

I'm fine with it too, get in my face. I just to have to believe I am threatened. Mark O'Meara. so save all your death threats posts for court
Old 12-08-2016, 10:25 AM   #59
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about...

But that's par for the course with you...BTW, who woke you up again?
Old 12-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #60
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
I have no idea what the hell you are talking about...

But that's par for the course with you...BTW, who woke you up again?

you know all about it.
Mom who took a photo with Hillary Clinton while hiking is now getting death threats from Trump supporters

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/mom-...mp-supporters/
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: