Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 06-14-2015, 05:26 PM   #16
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
Betting aggressively against Miller in the 4th at SA on Sunday 6/14
As Rick Perry would say.....Ooops.....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2015, 05:30 PM   #17
ultracapper

Damn it!! I had the right "other one" also.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #18
ultracapper

You think I'd just do a saver exacta? Hell no, that would be too easy. Did you see what that exacta pay? I really shouldn't care, but you know how it is.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #19
ultracapper

HA!! It paid $5.10. Glad I just took my lumps.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:07 PM   #20
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

R8 Santa Anita.

Sam's Sister will be the chalk at somewhere from 3/5 to 6/5. She had a monster summer/fall/winter campaign as she won 5 of her first 6 races including the G1 La Brea and G2 Santa Monica at this very track. She ran into some tougher competition in her last two while getting some rest in between and heading into this one. She is unbeaten at Santa Anita (3 for 3) and is 2 for 2 at the distance.

A lighter field, supposedly, won't be a breather as there is oodles of speed on tap in here with the all possessing front runner tendencies and sharpness from the gate. That should open it up for someone to come off the pace with Sam's Sister being the one to beat and could well encounter traffic problems.

I'll look for the Living The Life and/or the Harlington's Rose to get the job done today, and maybe even keep Sam's Sister out of the Exacta along with the Wasted Talent.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2015, 07:24 PM   #21
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
R8 Santa Anita.

Sam's Sister will be the chalk at somewhere from 3/5 to 6/5. She had a monster summer/fall/winter campaign as she won 5 of her first 6 races including the G1 La Brea and G2 Santa Monica at this very track. She ran into some tougher competition in her last two while getting some rest in between and heading into this one. She is unbeaten at Santa Anita (3 for 3) and is 2 for 2 at the distance.

A lighter field, supposedly, won't be a breather as there is oodles of speed on tap in here with the all possessing front runner tendencies and sharpness from the gate. That should open it up for someone to come off the pace with Sam's Sister being the one to beat and could well encounter traffic problems.

I'll look for the Living The Life and/or the Harlington's Rose to get the job done today, and maybe even keep Sam's Sister out of the Exacta along with the Wasted Talent.
Welp, we got the to finish 3rd, but I certainly couldn't see the winning this thing in gate to wire fashion at a bomb of a price at 43/1. A near $90 winner and a $560 Exacta. I guess you can't be immune to the "All" button sometimes.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2015, 08:44 PM   #22
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
R8 Santa Anita.

nice write & call on the big fav. NOT winning!...
Old 06-27-2015, 09:37 AM   #23
sammy the sage

6/27/15

6/27/15 Santa Anita

7th race Triple Bend...Masochistic...don't like the work-out pattern change...and that last work...wow...still a weak grade 1.....maybe he get's it done...betting against tho...b.o.l. all...
Old 07-04-2015, 07:20 AM   #24
sammy the sage

7/4 Happy birthday USA !

Belmont the Dwyer...Texas Red should get beat today...thinking this is a prep for the Dandy/Travers...especially off a problem...and on a rolled sealed track or sloppy...coming from dead last at this distance will be tough against this bunch....some other's improving as well....

current record 3-2...big stakes only...
Old 07-04-2015, 10:06 AM   #25
pandy

Samraat is a nice horse but off the long layoff in the 4th at Belmont today, he seems vulnerable, especially considering that he had screws put in him since his last race.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2015, 10:25 AM   #26
lamboguy

bet the chalk

Bel 1-4, 8-2

Del 1-4, 5-7

Mth 2-3

Prx 1-2

Wdb 9-2
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2015, 11:15 AM   #27
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
Bel 1-4, 8-2

Del 1-4, 5-7

Mth 2-3

Prx 1-2

Wdb 9-2
think I'll start a thread w/that...my bet would be Tonalist today...w/the upcoming weather will be even tougher...

the Key to betting chalk in my book is to create value by betting w/another horse...that's YOUR job...but I try to get 6/1 at least w/either doubles or exactas or pik3/4's...
Old 07-04-2015, 08:46 PM   #28
sammy the sage

Great call Pandy....thanks for the reasoning as well....

record now for o.p....4-2...in big stakes...
Old 07-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #29
pandy

Thanks. I read about the injury and operation he had in the Daily Racing Form yesterday.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2015, 07:33 AM   #30
sammy the sage

7/5/15...Gulfstream smile sprint 250k...9/5 shot Work All Week....ain't coming down to fla. at 90 deg.'s + humidity for feel like temp of 105+....unless much the best...don't think so...might not even hit the board...would watch post parade and make a call...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: