Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-17-2024, 04:03 PM   #16
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...betting-issues

Betting irregularities investigated on low salaried player.
Lifetime ban (do you hear me Pete Rose?)
Old 04-17-2024, 05:16 PM   #17
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Lifetime ban (do you hear me Pete Rose?)
Should be. Agree
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM   #18
Poindexter

Back to the op. Tonight’s play in game chi/atl. Chi up 18 with like 55 secs to go. The run the clock out, atl is “supposed” to reciprocate, only Trae young hits a 30 footer to a chorus of boos. So Chicago wins by 15 not 18. Normally who cares, but with in game betting, a lot of people care. To me no big deal, I bet in game, but generally not on garbage time outcomes. I just find it ridiculous when the league is promoting gambling on its product ad nauseum, the betting platforms are offering in game betting, yet in the name of “sportsmanship” has this late game stupidity. Forget sportsmanship. People are betting on the outcome, you are promoting it, play the game out. Obviously if there is less than 24 seconds less you let the clock run out if you are ahead.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2024, 01:16 AM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Back to the op. Tonight’s play in game chi/atl. Chi up 18 with like 55 secs to go. The run the clock out, atl is “supposed” to reciprocate, only Trae young hits a 30 footer to a chorus of boos. So Chicago wins by 15 not 18. Normally who cares, but with in game betting, a lot of people care. To me no big deal, I bet in game, but generally not on garbage time outcomes. I just find it ridiculous when the league is promoting gambling on its product ad nauseum, the betting platforms are offering in game betting, yet in the name of “sportsmanship” has this late game stupidity. Forget sportsmanship. People are betting on the outcome, you are promoting it, play the game out. Obviously if there is less than 24 seconds less you let the clock run out if you are ahead.

I "retired" from organized basketball in 8th grade, but I still played in pick up games into my mid 30's. I played football and boxed through college, after college I still spared occasionally and taught friends how to box into my early 40's. With physically demanding sports where there is contact like the 3 I just mentioned injury risk goes way up when a person is fatigued and up even more if the fatigued person is giving his all. So you want a star player to risk injury when the outcome is not in doubt, especially in a play-off game? You have got to be kidding me, and I in game bet myself. I do not expect coaches and players to alter anything because of gamblers. If you were an NBA player

would you dive on the court to get a rebound down by 15 with 55 seconds left? I sure the hell would not and if I was a coach I would ask a player why they did such a stupid stunt if they did.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2024, 02:41 AM   #20
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I "retired" from organized basketball in 8th grade, but I still played in pick up games into my mid 30's. I played football and boxed through college, after college I still spared occasionally and taught friends how to box into my early 40's. With physically demanding sports where there is contact like the 3 I just mentioned injury risk goes way up when a person is fatigued and up even more if the fatigued person is giving his all. So you want a star player to risk injury when the outcome is not in doubt, especially in a play-off game? You have got to be kidding me, and I in game bet myself. I do not expect coaches and players to alter anything because of gamblers. If you were an NBA player

would you dive on the court to get a rebound down by 15 with 55 seconds left? I sure the hell would not and if I was a coach I would ask a player why they did such a stupid stunt if they did.
Most of the time in garbage time the bench is in the game anyways. They don't have to dive for loose balls. Just play out the game. In tonights game, when Chicago got the ball with 55 seconds to go, just pass the ball around, run down the clock and take a shot. Assuming Atlanta gets the ball back with 33 seconds to go, they do the same thing. When Chicago gets the ball back with under 24 seconds to go, they run out the clock. That is typically the way it has been done forever. Nobody is going to get injured. Nobody is asking Nba players to risk injury. This running out the 24 second clock with 55 second seconds to go and having the other team do the same is not the way games used to be played, at least to my recollection (and nobody dives for loose balls when they are up or down 15 or 20 points with less than a minute to go). So what about my posts makes you think I expect players to be diving for loose balls when up or down double digits with less than a minute to go? But I surely expect them to take a shot with 35 seconds to go and the 24 second clock about to expire. Especially when the league is promoting betting on its product and the people that are providing the betting are enabling people to bet the game at + or - 15.5 at one point of the game and + - 16.5 at another point of the game..............
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2024, 11:28 AM   #21
Inner Dirt

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ing-violations

Player I mentioned earlier gets banned from NBA.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply