Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-15-2024, 01:19 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Need some Saratoga help from insiders:

My Father-in-law passed a few weeks ago and is being interred at the Saratoga National Cemetery on May 16TH, Thursday. Military Honors etc. Family traveling in from all over.

My wife’s family is looking to have a luncheon afterwards at a restaurant in Saratoga Springs. 30 family members.

I would greatly appreciate anyone who can provide a recommendation for the restaurant. Requirements are a private area (party room-banquet area) and hopefully good food

Anybody who can help me out, so I can contact a few places, Thanks in advance!

Old 04-15-2024, 02:09 PM   #2
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
My Father-in-law passed a few weeks ago and is being interred at the Saratoga National Cemetery on May 16TH, Thursday. Military Honors etc. Family traveling in from all over.

My wife’s family is looking to have a luncheon afterwards at a restaurant in Saratoga Springs. 30 family members.

I would greatly appreciate anyone who can provide a recommendation for the restaurant. Requirements are a private area (party room-banquet area) and hopefully good food

Anybody who can help me out, so I can contact a few places, Thanks in advance!

I can do that later this afternoon by reaching out to a friend who is a local real estate agent there.

Please send me as much info as you can on pricing, menu, etc.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2024, 03:14 PM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Sent pm
Old 04-15-2024, 06:05 PM   #4
lamboguy

very easy without any doubt answer

https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=41&...ANNTA1&PC=U531
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2024, 06:16 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Thanks!
Old 04-15-2024, 06:18 PM   #6
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Thanks!
i was just there 2 weeks ago, the food is as good as its ever been.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:22 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
i was just there 2 weeks ago, the food is as good as its ever been.

I read some of the bad reviews, that stuff makes me so happy the general public are not my customers, especially diners. Some people just think the sun rises and sets in their backyard. I have had meals with some picky eaters, they drive me nuts. Looks like the place to go after a good day at the track. I am always of the mindset the quality of dinner after the races should reflect the bottom line of your investments.

If I went there I would definitely bring the gout pills as insurance against all the shell fish I consumed. I am still trying to figure out what kind of ocean caught fish a customer used to give me. It was already filleted and the outer meat had that orange Alaskan King Crab coloring to it.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2024, 09:22 PM   #8
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I read some of the bad reviews, that stuff makes me so happy the general public are not my customers, especially diners. Some people just think the sun rises and sets in their backyard. I have had meals with some picky eaters, they drive me nuts. Looks like the place to go after a good day at the track. I am always of the mindset the quality of dinner after the races should reflect the bottom line of your investments.

If I went there I would definitely bring the gout pills as insurance against all the shell fish I consumed. I am still trying to figure out what kind of ocean caught fish a customer used to give me. It was already filleted and the outer meat had that orange Alaskan King Crab coloring to it.
if you happen to be in Saratoga during the regular race meet, they serve all the fresh corn and tomato's that your heart desires. the portions are big so if you happen to have a problem with gout you need to be careful like any other restaurant in America.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:07 PM   #9
Inner Dirt

Quote:
if you happen to be in Saratoga during the regular race meet, they serve all the fresh corn and tomato's that your heart desires. the portions are big so if you happen to have a problem with gout you need to be careful like any other restaurant in America.

Saratoga is on my bucket list, I have only spent about a week in New York. I still have nightmares about the traffic on Long Island. I went to Aqueduct, but they were only doing simulcasting, I will never go back there due to traffic, a shame as you can see by my screen name it was my favorite track to bet. I haven't had a gout flare up in quite sometime, I am trying to think what could have stopped them, maybe not eating red meat much any more.
I used to BBQ steak on weekends and threw hamburgers on the grill during the week. I used to get attacks so bad the nurse practitioner I saw a couple times wanted to argue that I had a broken wrist and ankle.

I referred to her as Nurse Ratched, not to anyone where it would get back to her as she would probably prescribe me poison. Damn shame, she was probably 35-40 no rings and drop dead gorgeous, she usually left a few buttons undone on her blouse. The issue was she had the personality of Hillary Clinton, she no longer works at the facility. The other employees still talk about her, I guess she visits and brings homemade cookies. I would be afraid to eat one. I find it baffling as most men treat attractive women like queens, I wonder what made her so nasty? I was almost tempted to ask her.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2024, 07:14 AM   #10
lamboguy

as far as meat goes, its probably one of the best foods you can put in your body, 4-6 ounces is more than plenty at one time...

Turkey is loaded with purines, chicken not as much. Other real bad ones are grapes, dates, wine and other alcoholic beverage. plenty more as well, but the key is small portions.

the whole deal is to many purines lead to uric acid, which can crystallize in your body and form inflammation. Inflammation and your body not being able to fight inflammation is the root of most internal problems that we get.

a gout flareup is your body's way of warning you that you aren't treating your body right.