Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-19-2019, 04:23 PM   #16
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Two different issues completely.

It may not guarantee any type of weapon, but as a right I do not need government approval or government mandated training to own a legal weapon.

Do we have background checks to own private real property or mandated ownership training before you own real property?

No because it is a right, however like fire arms the type of real property you own may be limited.
I do not understand why this new thread was begun?

What I just said about states with more gun control laws have less gun violence than those with more lax ones, should encourage people to do whatever is possible. We may not need government approval, but in many cases regulations work.

I realize regulations is dirty word around here, but just as motor vehicles are controlled and regulated, controls on guns are wise. It is up to individual states right now.

Consider each an experiment in what works.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:23 PM   #17
thaskalos

Quote:
Two different issues completely.

It may not guarantee any type of weapon, but as a right I do not need government approval or government mandated training to own a legal weapon.

Do we have background checks to own private real property or mandated ownership training before you own real property?

No because it is a right, however like fire arms the type of real property you own may be limited.
What person in his/her right mind would oppose a background check on a gun purchase?
Old 09-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #18
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
What person in his/her right mind would oppose a background check on a gun purchase?
It is a right. The same reason a sane person would oppose governmental background checks for real property purchases.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2019, 04:34 PM   #19
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
That isn't the only thing you can't understand.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:40 PM   #20
thaskalos

Quote:
It is a right. The same reason a sane person would oppose governmental background checks for real property purchases.
If you can't tell the difference between buying a house and buying a gun...then you have brought a new definition to the word "sane".
Old 09-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #21
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Start your own thread on the supposed evils of the NRA...if you dare. Make your case for what a horrible domestic terror organization they are.
I will post my anti-NRA remarks right here, thank you...unless PA-Mike tells me to desist.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #22
boxcar

Quote:
I will post my anti-NRA remarks right here, thank you...unless PA-Mike tells me to desist.
Of course you will. And considering the source, it will all be a big nothing burger.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #23
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Learn to read. I never said people don't experience "shock". But I do claim that that isn't the primary reason for the utterly stupid gun narrative subsequently dumped on Americans by the leftist media and dimwit politicians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
No, it's not the "shock of these tragedies". It's the moral/spiritual shallowness of most Americans. Their souls have no firm moral/spiritual anchor.

Furthermore, how long does that "shock" last and to what extent do these tragedies impact media, politicians, etc. that forces them to continue with their shallow, juvenile drivel long after the tragedies?
So first it's the "moral/spiritual shallowness of most Americans"
And now it's the "the leftist media and dimwit politicians"?

You are getting worse and worse. Now it's very painful to read you.

Last question. Why start another thread on gun violence when the Walmart thread was still going?
I can only assume you were losing and wanted to distract from your embarrassing loss

Last edited by hcap; 09-19-2019 at 04:49 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2019, 04:51 PM   #24
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
If you can't tell the difference between buying a house and buying a gun...then you have brought a new definition to the word "sane".
The telling of the difference is in understanding the concept of what is a "right". A "right" to own cannot be subject to government approval. The concept of a "right" does not change whether it is a fire arm or private real estate.

If it is subject to government approval it is no longer a right, but a privilege.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-19-2019 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:53 PM   #25
boxcar

Quote:
So first it's the "moral/spiritual shallowness of most Americans"
And now it's the "the leftist media and dimwit politicians"?

You are getting worse and worse. Now it's very painful to read you.

Last question. Why start another thread on gun violence when the Walmart thread was still going?
The two ideas are not mutually exclusive logically. The leftist media and dimwit politicians talk the loudest and control the public podium.

Because there is a more narrow focus to this thread: The root cause of violence.

Hint: It isn't guns. But that's okay...you're not the only one who doesn't get it. you're in "good" company with Thask. Apparently, he thinks the NRA is the real evil culprit when it comes to violent acts.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:54 PM   #26
thaskalos

Quote:
Because it is a Constitutional Right and not a government granted privilege. The NRA is absolutely correct.
The Constitution also states that, when the government ceases to be "of the people, by the people and FOR the people"...then the "people" have the 'right' to organize a militia and OVERTHROW such a government. Do you suppose that our government supports such a literal interpretation of our Constitution?
Old 09-19-2019, 04:54 PM   #27
boxcar

Quote:
The telling of the difference is in understanding the concept of what is a "right". A "right" to own cannot be subject to government approval. The concept of a "right" does not change whether it is a fire arm or private real estate.

If it is subject to government approval it is no longer a right, but a privilege.
BINGO! You just won the jackpot for the most coherent thought of the day!

Congrats!
Old 09-19-2019, 04:56 PM   #28
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:

What I just said about states with more gun control laws have less gun violence than those with more lax ones, should encourage people to do whatever is possible. We may not need government approval, but in many cases regulations work.

I realize regulations is dirty word around here, but just as motor vehicles are controlled and regulated, controls on guns are wise. It is up to individual states right now.

Consider each an experiment in what works.
Driving motor vehicles is not a "right", but a privilege. It is a privilege granted to you by the generosity of the State. As a privilege it can be regulated and/or denied.
George Washington
Old 09-19-2019, 04:56 PM   #29
boxcar

Quote:
The Constitution also states that, when the government ceases to be "of the people, by the people and FOR the people"...then the "people" have the 'right' to organize a militia and OVERTHROW such a government. Do you suppose that our government supports such a literal interpretation of our Constitution?
I don't know about today's government, but what about you?
Old 09-19-2019, 04:58 PM   #30
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
That is why politicians want unarmed citizens. See the recent Hong Kong demonstrations stating the need for the "second Amendment".
George Washington