Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

View Poll Results: Who Offers the Best PPs
Equibase 70 9.07%
Brisnet 443 57.38%
DRF 259 33.55%
Voters: 772. This poll is closed

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #121
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
The main problem I have with the normal DRF is the lack of pace figures. It seems simple enough for them to include. I know they have Moss Pace Figures...that should be included in the normal $2.95 a card PPs.

I'm not sure if BRIS pace figures are accurate, but at least they have them, and most of the time BRIS is free.
I still cannot comprehend why folks still use DRF pp's, unless they are wed to the Beyers (which are some pretty damn good figs).
How can they, at this point in the pp game, not have some sort of pace numbers in their basic pp's?
In my opinion Moss figs aren't good at all...but why limit them to the Formulator subscribers or those who actually buy the Moss figs separately?

Besides pace figs, BRIS has dam production data, sales info (such as the horses' selling price vs the avg selling price for his sire at that sale), more in depth jockey stats, track profiles for the distance of today's race and on and on.
I can dig Formulator folks who want the trainer research tool (that is a very nice feature and maybe well worth the price alone)...but outside of that I say BRIS is the better product overall...and it's cheaper.

Just me humble opinion.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #122
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackS
Bris Premium also does not publish Timeform Ratings for foreign horses like the DRF.
DRF uses Racing Post these days, not Timeform.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #123
permenbg

track tv

i have used the brisnet (bris custom pp generator) a long time . i have found

that they let you choose other data listed under Style, i use DFR SR and DFR TV. I think these are the same that are in Daily race fourm . i like the Beyer
fig. but it hard to get it in my data with out building it myself.

i do use the DFR sr and DFR tv

bobby
permenbg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #124
Maximillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
I still cannot comprehend why folks still use DRF pp's, unless they are wed to the Beyers (which are some pretty damn good figs).
How can they, at this point in the pp game, not have some sort of pace numbers in their basic pp's?
In my opinion Moss figs aren't good at all...but why limit them to the Formulator subscribers or those who actually buy the Moss figs separately?

Besides pace figs, BRIS has dam production data, sales info (such as the horses' selling price vs the avg selling price for his sire at that sale), more in depth jockey stats, track profiles for the distance of today's race and on and on.
I can dig Formulator folks who want the trainer research tool (that is a very nice feature and maybe well worth the price alone)...but outside of that I say BRIS is the better product overall...and it's cheaper.

Just me humble opinion.
I want a human being doing the speed figures,but that's just my preference.
I also love being able to pull up the video quickly.....Ive become a better trip handicapper from just watching lots of races.Im with you on the Moss figs...they haven't helped me much at all.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #125
Thebigguy
Veteran

I prefer formulator, but don't get it for free anymore.
So I use bris, and don't pay for it.
Thebigguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2014, 10:58 PM   #126
Bettowin

Bris because its what I used for years but now supplement with TFUS because its a great double check and for me finds the "non-obvious" horses that I missed using my methods.

Now if I could stop betting vertical wagers and stick with P3's 4's and 5's
Bettowin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #127
ronsmac

I'm not happy with a number of things about drf, but I must give them props when they are due. I downloaded all those cards that wound up being cancelled at Oaklawn. Lonnie from Drf , gave me a credit for the 4 cards that were cancelled .
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2014, 12:24 AM   #128
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
I'm not happy with a number of things about drf, but I must give them props when they are due. I downloaded all those cards that wound up being cancelled at Oaklawn. Lonnie from Drf , gave me a credit for the 4 cards that were cancelled .
BRIS issues credits too, but I don't have to call them in order to get it.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #129
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
BRIS issues credits too, but I don't have to call them in order to get it.
You won't get any argument from me.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2014, 08:04 PM   #130
Maximillion

I was using formulator but switched back to the classic pps some time ago.
Some of the features were running kinda clunky,and I have another source of getting the replays now.
I miss being able to pull up the charts,but thats really about it for me as Im not much of a trainer handicapper.

Apparently they are now offering an "upgrade" (limited-time) to formulator for free to those who use the classic pps.........actually recieved a phone call from a live person,which was surprising to say the least.

Last edited by Maximillion; 02-15-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2014, 10:35 PM   #131
FiveWide

I use DRF because that is what I coded my program to way back when. I do intend to add another format to my program at some point just to give me options.

-Five
FiveWide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #132
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

I use the classic DRF pps but occasionally use the Formulator version. I’ll usually print them out with my own special cover page and mark it up(see below). Note I list the runners on the left with the favorite first. Everyone at 10-1 or under is included. That’s my WP selections in the second column, the third column is Kid Capper’s picks. The fourth column is my pick 4. Next to that is the TVG guys pick 4 picks. (the early one is Matt’s,(1for 4) the late pick four was Gino’s , he was 0 for 4). At least mine was 2-4, but I must admit every one of my WP picks finished off-the-board. So don’t feel so bad KC, I bombed worse than you on Saturday.

As a few of you mentioned, the classic DRF does not have pace figures nor breeding info. The Formulator version does but not completely, for example, not every race in horse’s past p’s has a pace figure. The breeding info is erratic too and usually written in the comment section but not for all runners. They should have a consistent table for this info, IMO, at least for maiden races.

I am so used to these drf pdf printed out versions, it feels weird when I occasionally buy the paper DRF, with multiple tracks mixed together - I can barely decipher it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sheet01.jpg (76.7 KB, 137 views)
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #133
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion
I was using formulator but switched back to the classic pps some time ago.
Some of the features were running kinda clunky,and I have another source of getting the replays now.
I miss being able to pull up the charts,but thats really about it for me as Im not much of a trainer handicapper.

Apparently they are now offering an "upgrade" (limited-time) to formulator for free to those who use the classic pps.........actually recieved a phone call from a live person,which was surprising to say the least.
There are a series of improvements to Formulator and related products that will rolled out in coming months. Some of them are going to be very popular.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #134
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard
I use the classic DRF pps but occasionally use the Formulator version. I’ll usually print them out with my own special cover page and mark it up(see below). Note I list the runners on the left with the favorite first. Everyone at 10-1 or under is included. That’s my WP selections in the second column, the third column is Kid Capper’s picks. The fourth column is my pick 4. Next to that is the TVG guys pick 4 picks. (the early one is Matt’s,(1for 4) the late pick four was Gino’s , he was 0 for 4). At least mine was 2-4, but I must admit every one of my WP picks finished off-the-board. So don’t feel so bad KC, I bombed worse than you on Saturday.

As a few of you mentioned, the classic DRF does not have pace figures nor breeding info. The Formulator version does but not completely, for example, not every race in horse’s past p’s has a pace figure. The breeding info is erratic too and usually written in the comment section but not for all runners. They should have a consistent table for this info, IMO, at least for maiden races.

I am so used to these drf pdf printed out versions, it feels weird when I occasionally buy the paper DRF, with multiple tracks mixed together - I can barely decipher it.
I hope you are betting your selections first and foremost.
You may enjoy following other folks' picks, but with all due respect, you will get maximum glory out of this game when you make your own picks.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #135
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I have no use for Formulator and never will.
I buy the Saturday form nowadays because the printed edition is by far the better value over downloading under any plan. Go figure? All in all, DRF is grossly over-priced.

I think they should pay attention to the Simulcast Daily, a paid service, that they have allowed to virtually disappear and totally neglect theses days. The Beyer Pars section - every track is a joke - missing headings in every one of them. I have reported this for two years now and given up that anyone there cares. I know they do not. It's like the old joke, here are the baseball score today - 3 to 1, 5 to 4, 2 to 1.

They advertise the Track Tends section but there is nothing there up to date.
BRIS has charts back years, DRF one year only.

Nice pars......too bad there is no sex or age for them......idiots!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot842.jpg (22.7 KB, 84 views)