Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-04-2024, 07:30 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Way to go!!!
Old 05-04-2024, 07:32 PM   #17
wiretowire68

buddy

You need to watch the replay of races, I had this exactor cold... first of all Sierra Leone wins the race without the bumping between Forever Young and he. And as far as racing goes.. go back and watch the trip that Mystik Dan had in the Arkansas Derby... bumped 4 wide late in the turn, and still finished 3rd as he retook to the bit late. His win in the Rebel was pulling away and then a layoff coming off of a 101 buyer. Look at the connections over the years ... McPeek/Hernandez Jr.. so.... ...
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2024, 07:34 PM   #18
wiretowire68

P.S.

Textbook to stay on the rail and save the ground... and like I said.. I boxed 2 dollars 2/3/17 but make no mistake the coming together in the stretch cost Sierra Leone.
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2024, 07:39 PM   #19
groupie doll

I feel like Rodney Dangerfield, lol.
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2024, 07:40 PM   #20
judd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
I always try to find a horse that’s trained in sneaky way that surprises bettors with a win out of nowhere. I thought Encino was just sneaky good coming into the Bluegrass. They scratched him and ran him in the Lexington, and he won. Now here we are a few weeks later and he scratched out of the derby. So it’s back to the drawing board for me. With a good probability of a wet or drying track my thoughts go back to a regretful miss on a horse that fits this sneaky good profile. I was debating horses to play in the Southwest and Mcpeek had a few I liked that I was going back and forth on. I eliminated Mystik Dan and he came in first at plus odds. So I go back to the form to see if a missed something, frustratingly I did. Starting in November he was raced frequently with very few works in the morning. In every race he backed up in the stretch. Which is what I saw in the form and it was the reason I eliminated him. I looked closer and his backing up made sense because he wasn’t working between races, and the races were for fitness. Prior to the Southwest he was given a month between races for the first time since November and he worked in the mornings. The first time since November he was given proper rest and trained correctly up to the race. He was sitting on a good race… Now looking at his Ark Derby he was do to regress. Maybe he’s ready to move forward again in the derby? He’s fast enough… I’m worried the distance doesn’t suit him, but if the tracks to his liking he definitely figures to either possibly win or hit the exotics at a good price. Hmmmm? That triple digit Beyer is the only other one in the race besides the favorite. Nobody has picked him or even discussed him at length. Until now
Great great call
Old 05-04-2024, 07:43 PM   #21
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
Textbook to stay on the rail and save the ground... and like I said.. I boxed 2 dollars 2/3/17 but make no mistake the coming together in the stretch cost Sierra Leone.
Sierra Leone and Forever Young were both gaining on Mystik Dan when the contact occurred. Looked to me like SL initiated the contact.
Old 05-04-2024, 07:52 PM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Very nice one bisket

He was getting a great trip until he started getting crushed a bit...

Larry Collmus really blew that call...I don't think he picked up the winner until almost mid-stretch...
Old 05-04-2024, 08:11 PM   #23
sovereign
Spot Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Very nice one bisket

He was getting a great trip until he started getting crushed a bit...

Larry Collmus really blew that call...I don't think he picked up the winner until almost mid-stretch...
Like the Mine That Bird Derby.
Old 05-04-2024, 09:40 PM   #24
PalaceOfFortLarned

Well done.

Well done indeed.
PalaceOfFortLarned is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2024, 10:52 PM   #25
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Excellent analysis, hope you were well paid today.
Old 05-04-2024, 10:57 PM   #26
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereign View Post
Like the Mine That Bird Derby.
They all missed MTB, don't think Durkin didn't pick him up until the 1/8th pole.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2024, 11:18 PM   #27
zico20

Congratulations to everyone who had him. He got the perfect dream trip otherwise he loses. So impressed with Hernandez ride, he waited until he saw the small opening and he pounced.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2024, 08:50 AM   #28
five-eighths

1. Go to rail.
2. Squeeze by Track Phantom.
3. Win Kentucky Derby.

Congrats to the connections
five-eighths is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2024, 09:32 AM   #29
bisket

I posted my wagers in the derby wager thread. Unfortunately I didn't collect because I took a stand against Sierra Leone. My lady friend suggested I put win wagers on these longshots I base my exactas and trifectas. If I put a $5 win bet on Motion's Trikari. Who I had in an exacta and trifecta, but the favorites I had on the bottom didn't finish. The same wager on Mystik Dan I would have ended the day even. The Trikari wagers are in the derby day undercard wager thread. Thanks for the well wishes. There is a feeling of accomplishment even though the wagering account didn't get any larger lol. I've been betting this way for years and sometimes there are days like this lol. Last year thanks to Forte being scratched I hit the exacta and trifecta. I ended the year a few hundred in the black. You take the good with the bad. I didn't hit another one all year and had some frustrating days like yesterday.
bisket is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2024, 09:35 AM   #30
bisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by five-eighths View Post
1. Go to rail.
2. Squeeze by Track Phantom.
3. Win Kentucky Derby.

Congrats to the connections
I don't know if it was in this thread or another one, but someone mentioned the only way Dan could win was the Borail route. I didn't respond, but my thoughts were that's exactly what they're going to do.
bisket is online now   Reply With Quote Reply