Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #10111
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
I'll take that as a "yes", i.e., that these observations were visual, audible and tactile.
  • Visual: Photons of light impacted nerves on the back of the disciple's eyes and from this they inferred something.
  • Audible: The air pressure in the disciple's ears varied with time and from this they inferred something.
  • Tactile: Pressure on the disciple's skin changed and from this they inferred something.
But "to infer" can also mean to guess, surmise, suggest or hint or even imply.

So...if you see someone crossing a street and he gets run over by a bus and you actually witness this, you're saying that you could only conclude that bus hit him? You could only surmise or guess that that the bus hit him?
Old 03-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #10112
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You have used "yesterday, today, and tomorrow" as indicators of the direction of time. And also said events are separate from time. All three tenses are events marked by changing positions of matter in motion.

Therefore you have no arrow, since you have have no usable events by your own babbled incoherent contradictory definitions.
But I do have usable events -- events that MEASURE time. What about my sunrises and sunsets? Both of these events clearly move in ONE direction and it's not your butt-backwards direction either. Sunsets don't become sunrises!
Logically, our Yesterdays do not become our Todays.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:19 PM   #10113
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
But I do have usable events -- events that MEASURE time. What about my sunrises and sunsets? Both of these events clearly move in ONE direction and it's not your butt-backwards direction either. Sunsets don't become sunrises!
Logically, our Yesterdays do not become our Todays.
I already covered that bunky. The earths rotation IS MATTER IN MOTION.

YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW ARE ALL STATES OF THE EARTH'S ROTATION, MR SCIENTIST, EXPERT ON EVERYTHING.

Funny your original 11 part thesis you did not exclude events from time.

Wanna go back and fix it with your latest cop outs and excuses?

No more bunky, you are shaming yourself beyond anything you have ever bollixed up before.!!!!!

Last edited by hcap; 03-13-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:51 PM   #10114
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

This Quantum Theory Predicts That The Future Might Be Influencing The Past

Quote:
A pair of physicists from the US and Canada took a closer look at some basic assumptions in quantum theory and decided unless we discovered time necessarily ran one way, measurements made to a particle could echo back in time as well as forward.
https://www.sciencealert.com/quantum...retrocausality.........

Quote:
A pair of physicists from the US and Canada took a closer look at some basic assumptions in quantum theory and decided unless we discovered time necessarily ran one way, measurements made to a particle could echo back in time as well as forward.

The above is from an article on June 17, 2018.

Today, March 13, 2019, Physicists reverse time using quantum computer

Quote:
Researchers from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology teamed up with colleagues from the U.S. and Switzerland and returned the state of a quantum computer a fraction of a second into the past. They also calculated the probability that an electron in empty interstellar space will spontaneously travel back into its recent past. The study is published in Scientific Reports

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2019-03-physic...antum.html#jCp
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 03-13-2019, 03:54 PM   #10115
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
First time you've heard that phrase, heh? What about sunsets? New to you, as well?
The sun appears on the horizon. It was the people who wrote your book who believed it was the sun that was moving. Thus, it was the sun that rose and the colloquialism stuck. Despite threats from the Catholic Church, SCIENCE from Galileo and Copernicus refuted what religious zealots believed.

We've accepted use of the terms sunrise and sunset, but you have to concede they are colloquialisms, not accurate science.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #10116
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
But "to infer" can also mean to guess, surmise, suggest or hint or even imply.
So the passage you quoted should be:

1 What was from the beginning, what we have guessed, what we have surmised, what we suggest, concerning the Word of Life — 2 and the life was manifested, and we have hinted or implied and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us — 3 what we have guessed and surmised we proclaim to you also...
Old 03-13-2019, 04:56 PM   #10117
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
The sun appears on the horizon. It was the people who wrote your book who believed it was the sun that was moving. Thus, it was the sun that rose and the colloquialism stuck. Despite threats from the Catholic Church, SCIENCE from Galileo and Copernicus refuted what religious zealots believed.

We've accepted use of the terms sunrise and sunset, but you have to concede they are colloquialisms, not accurate science.
Did I ever say the "colloquialism" was accurate science? So, why do erect this straw man? I think most of us know that the sun appears to rise and to set! But even so...this metaphor and other figures of speech are often conveyed to express a literal truth! The irrefutable fact remains that sun comes to us out of the East and it rushes to its demise in the West.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:01 PM   #10118
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
So the passage you quoted should be:

1 What was from the beginning, what we have guessed, what we have surmised, what we suggest, concerning the Word of Life — 2 and the life was manifested, and we have hinted or implied and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us — 3 what we have guessed and surmised we proclaim to you also...
Why? They were DIRECT witnesses.

Mr. Actor, sir, do you play the ponies? Do you use the PP charts from which you make your selections or do you subscribe to a tip sheet 'cause your handcappin' leaves something to be desired? Well..if the former is actually the case with you, do you make your selections based on direct, hard evidence you have about the horse and trainer or do make a series of logical inferences from the indirect evidence and from those inferences try to connect the dots to arrive at a logical selection, i.e. a logical conclusion about one horse or even about the race itself?
Old 03-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #10119
boxcar

Quote:
I already covered that bunky. The earths rotation IS MATTER IN MOTION.
And so...your point is!? I have one, Mr. Genius: Have you ever noticed that the earth spins in only one direction?

Quote:
YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW ARE ALL STATES OF THE EARTH'S ROTATION, MR SCIENTIST, EXPERT ON EVERYTHING.
No kidding. Thanks for the big heads up! But the way you have time flowing, Tomorrow can NEVER reach us because all our Yesterdays keep pushing all our Tomorrows further and further and further back into the Future. You have the Future constantly receding away from us, which is totally backwards ; for it is the Past that is constantly and relentlessly receding farther and farther away from us!

Quote:
Funny your original 11 part thesis you did not exclude events from time.

Wanna go back and fix it with your latest cop outs and excuses?

No more bunky, you are shaming yourself beyond anything you have ever bollixed up before.!!!!!
And I still don't exclude events from Time! I'm saying events are NOT Time! Events occur IN Time but are not Time.

Last edited by boxcar; 03-13-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:01 PM   #10120
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Why? They were DIRECT witnesses.
How do you know that? How do you know that they even existed? How do you know that the text you quoted is not a work of fiction?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:12 PM   #10121
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Why?
Because you said so, i.e., you made a claim.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:44 PM   #10122
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
This Quantum Theory Predicts That The Future Might Be Influencing The Past

https://www.sciencealert.com/quantum...retrocausality.........

The above is from an article on June 17, 2018.

Today, March 13, 2019, Physicists reverse time using quantum computer

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2019-03-physic...antum.html#jCp
The discussion is specifically about TIME on the human sale of thing. The very small and very large ore relativistic are not included.

Effect never precedes cause.
But bopxcar wanted to blind bet minus the specifics so he could lie about that too.

Bet him.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #10123
hcap

Quote:
And so...your point is!? I have one, Mr. Genius: Have you ever noticed that the earth spins in only one direction?

No kidding. Thanks for the big heads up! But the way you have time flowing, Tomorrow can NEVER reach us because all our Yesterdays keep pushing all our Tomorrows further and further and further back into the Future. You have the Future constantly receding away from us, which is totally backwards ; for it is the Past that is constantly and relentlessly receding farther and farther away from us!

And I still don't exclude events from Time! I'm saying events are NOT Time! Events occur IN Time but are not Time.
You ran out of excuses and cop outs. You are a bold faced liar ensnared by your own ignorance. I gave you enough rope and well you hung yourself in broad daylight.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:12 PM   #10124
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Why don't you use my example of an event in time, a pool shot to illustrate your "evidence"?
We're not discussing any "event in time". We're discussing Time itself. Again, the evidence is self-evident. .
What is the differrence? And how can we measure, discuss, or describe TIME without events. Y

ou pulled this out of your butt to avoid your problem with cause and effect, NOT SUPPORTING YOUR BACKWARDS DIRECTION OF TIME.

All your direction in which the earth rotates, giving rise to yesterdays, today's and tomorrows must be defined by EVENTS. Time to throw out your 11 part thesis since you never said you were discussing TIME, not events in TIME.

There is no way to demonstrate Time's direction without events bunky, and now that it is slowly dawning on you , you changed the entire premise of part 10-- time is a triunity- -in your bonkers thesis.

Last edited by hcap; 03-13-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:22 PM   #10125
boxcar

Quote:
The discussion is specifically about TIME on the human sale of thing. The very small and very large ore relativistic are not included.

Effect never precedes cause.
But bopxcar wanted to blind bet minus the specifics so he could lie about that too.

Bet him.
How specific do you want me to get? I have very clearly and unequivocally stated that effects often precede causes in the course of human activity. What part of this isn't specific enough for you!?