Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
NJ Stinks

FOX News Is Tilted Toward Clumsy

46zilzal raised an interesting point in another thread - namely, that FOX News is pathetic - although I will claim credit for using the word 'pathetic'. And 46zilzal posted a link to memos that show how fair & balanced FOX News really is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
In the great and very informative documentary Outfoxed, the head honchos send around an order on what stories are to be "pushed," and they are these same types of "lets all get mad" stories day in day out. The seem to live to get the response (as one ex-reporter stated) "We are looking for that 50+ crowd who talk to the screen and get really mad."

ONE news source kept this malarkey up for months when a young lady disappeared in the Caribbean some where.
Here are the memos:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal

Bigmack suggested 46zilzil start a new thread. So I'm starting it here. Below is Bigmack's defense of the FOX memos (I guess ):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Has it ever occurred to you that your mind works on a 6 year old level? I knew you were going to throw around OutFoxed. Simpletons, like yourself, often work with limited information and use that to form nonsensical opinions. As many of us volunteer our time to help find this young girl we'll keep in mind that it is simply a story to garner ratings according to some turd in Canada.

Equally, you're an expert on the economy after have seen Capitalism from Michael Moore. I'll send you pamphlets of all sorts of topics. You'll become an authority on a boatload of subjects.

Do you ever ask who makes these films? OutFoxed was from Barry Greenwald. Let's look at his other films

His agenda looks much like yours.

We get it, you watched a 75 minute movie. Start a thread and tell us all about it.

Notice how Bigmack hasn't figured out yet how to defend the FOX memos themselves. But I'm sure he will soon enough.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
46zilzal raised an interesting point in another thread - namely, that FOX News is pathetic - although I will claim credit for using the word 'pathetic'. And 46zilzal posted a link to memos that show how fair & balanced FOX News really is not.

Here are the memos:

Bigmack suggested 46zilzil start a new thread. So I'm starting it here. Below is Bigmack's defense of the FOX memos (I guess ):

Notice how Bigmack hasn't figured out yet how to defend the FOX memos themselves. But I'm sure he will soon enough.
Hey, Frick 'n' Frack: What makes you think the other news stations don't have their agendas and follow similar procedures?

Boxcar
Old 03-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
bigmack

Quote:
Below is Bigmack's defense of the FOX memos (I guess ):
You're speaking for me? Big mistake.

Look Chucky, that thread was about a missing girl not about 6 year old memos. I'll leave that to brainiacs like you & zilly. If you work hard you might be able to blow the lid off that story. Not as if the umpteen other times zilly has brought it up and started threads about it have made a hill o' beans difference.

Knock yourself out.

Stay out of putting words in my mouth. Got me?
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
ArlJim78

a mediamatters hit piece from 2004 is your smoking gun? this thread reeks of desperation.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
boxcar

And I would only add to Bigmack's remarks: Whatever it is FNC is doing, they doing it RIGHT (perhaps in more ways than one ) because...they're eating all their competitors' lunches. They are Number UNO. And that really frosts you fellas, doesn't it?

Boxcar
Old 03-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
46zilzal
velocitician

Lots of people don't like hearing about how corporations screw the public.

Greenwald has simply exposed some of the abusers.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 03-01-2010 at 06:36 PM.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Six year old memos.
Sounds like it isn't FOX that is tilted towards clumsy.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #8
NJ Stinks

Quote:
You're speaking for me? Big mistake.

Look Chucky, that thread was about a missing girl not about 6 year old memos. I'll leave that to brainiacs like you & zilly. If you work hard you might be able to blow the lid off that story. Not as if the umpteen other times zilly has brought it up and started threads about it have made a hill o' beans difference.

Knock yourself out.

Stay out of putting words in my mouth. Got me?
Putting your own words in your own mouth you said: Start a thread and tell us all about it.

So I started a new thread. And pasted everything you said about 46zilzal's post.

Now you are crying that I put words in your mouth. You are one amazing guy, Mack.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #9
bigmack

Quote:
Now you are crying that I put words in your mouth. You are one amazing guy, Mack.
I posted the filmography of the guy that produced OutFoxed. You then wrote:
Quote:
Bigmack hasn't figured out yet how to defend the FOX memos themselves.
Below is Bigmack's defense of the FOX memos
I don't give a rats ass about memos, yet you portray me defending memos?

Buzz off and know that you're wrong here. After your apology to me I'll let you get back to this riveting topic.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #10
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Six year old memos.
Sounds like it isn't FOX that is tilted towards clumsy.
Aren't you the guy who says FOX News is the only news station you can trust? How do you defend this part of the memo about Kerry?

Moody on Senator John Kerry (D-MA):

Ribbons or medals? Which did John Kerry throw away after he returned from Vietnam. This may become an issue for him today. His perceived disrespect for the military could be more damaging to the candidate than questions about his actions in uniform (4/26/04).

__________________________________________________ __

Kerry is running for president and Moody and FOX News are trying to bury him. Fair and balanced?

'Nothing But Propaganda' is a motto I can believe in.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #11
NJ Stinks

Quote:
I posted the filmography of the guy that produced OutFoxed. You then wrote:

I don't give a rats ass about memos, yet you portray me defending memos?

Buzz off and know that you're wrong here. After your apology to me I'll let you get back to this riveting topic.
I apologize. I hate it when your mad at me.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #12
delayjf

Quote:
Moody on Senator John Kerry (D-MA):
Ribbons or medals? Which did John Kerry throw away after he returned from Vietnam. This may become an issue for him today. His perceived disrespect for the military could be more damaging to the candidate than questions about his actions in uniform (4/26/04).
How is an observation about Kerry and his medals, and observation that turns out to be correct, evidense of a bias?
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #13
sandpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
And I would only add to Bigmack's remarks: Whatever it is FNC is doing, they doing it RIGHT (perhaps in more ways than one ) because...they're eating all their competitors' lunches. They are Number UNO. And that really frosts you fellas, doesn't it?

Boxcar
Your statement on FNC's ratings got me thinking about the TV biz. If one was planning on starting a news based station, and wanted the highest possible rating (in turn, profits), how would they position themselves? It would seem to me that research would tell them what demographic was most prone to watching television, and then target them. So, FNC came into being and is successful because of a large block of the population fit their criteria, and there is no other outlet, at least mainstream, that appeals to that block of folks.

I watch FNC some in the morning, and I like them in small doses, but I do get sick of the light-haired guy telling me how outraged I will be by whatever story he is gonna show me right after a commercial break.

BTW, if you are #1, you are mainstream media.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #14
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpit

BTW, if you are #1, you are mainstream media.
Not necessarily. When all the other media outlets all think along the same lines, they are just an alternative. According to IBD in a recent survey of media members, 85% considered themselves progressives.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #15
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Not necessarily. When all the other media outlets all think along the same lines, they are just an alternative. According to IBD in a recent survey of media members, 85% considered themselves progressives.
85 % of citizens think that they have an above average sense of humor.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply