Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-24-2019, 03:34 PM   #166
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I posted a news clip showing Trump did "personally ask a Foreign Head of State about investigating Biden". How came you only said ????

Post 148 above. Sorry.

It contains the explanation, executive duty of the Executive office. Did you read the other posts about Ukrainian officials a year ago complained about the actions of officials in Obama's administration? Did you listen to the news that the Ukrainian government reached out to the U.S. through the State Department to complain about Biden's actions? All of these actions were taken by Ukrainian officials prior to the phone call.

Knowing the above why wouldn't the U.S. President want an investigation into an alleged corrupt official? Is Biden, Biden's son and his fellow democrats above the law?
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-24-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2019, 03:47 PM   #167
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Nobody knows what the whistle blower is about. This is all rumor and unnamed sources.

With the whistleblower what we know is someone filed a complaint that was verified by the Inspector General as "credible" and "urgent."

By law that must be passed to the house Intel committee.

The acting DNI is refusing to produce it to Congress and its rationale has been its not credible which the DNI is not empowered to decide and there have been murmurs of Executive privilege being exercised.
Again the law applies to employees of an intelligence agency. The executive office is not an employee of an intelligence agency, the intelligence agencies work for the executive office.

Correct, besides the executive office not being subject to the statute, all we know a person filed a complaint. We also know the legal counsel for the DNI said it is not an appropriate complaint and should not be disclosed.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 09-24-2019, 03:58 PM   #168
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

General counsel Jason Klitenic stated position.

"The complaint forwarded to the [inspector general] does not meet the definition of 'urgent concern,'" general counsel Jason Klitenic wrote in a letter to Schiff on Tuesday. "This complaint ... concerned conduct by someone outside the Intelligence Community and did not relate to any 'intelligence activity' under the DNI's supervision." [emphasis added]

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/whistle...from-congress/

Not to be disclosed because it does not meet the definitions required by the statute and most important reasons the Executive Office is outside the intelligence community and being outside intelligence activity under the DNI's supervision.
George Washington
Old 09-24-2019, 03:59 PM   #169
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
It is not his job to use unsubstantiated rumors as evidence. If the person has no first hand knowledge it is hearsay. Look up the definition of hearsay. In this Nation, at least for now, rumors are not evidence. The IC IG has no legal duty to disclose rumors.
Are you privy to this?

Have you read the complaint?

Is the whistleblower a fishing buddy of yours?

Funny how you harp about unsubstantiated claims from time to time.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2019, 03:59 PM   #170
woodtoo

Wow I for one can't wait to see the unredacted call, can he be impeached for releasing, this is the best chance for impeachment so far.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:00 PM   #171
hcap

Quote:
Post 148 above. Sorry.

It contains the explanation, executive duty of the Executive office. Did you read the other posts about Ukrainian officials a year ago complained about the actions of officials in Obama's administration? Did you listen to the news that the Ukrainian government reached out to the U.S. through the State Department to complain about Biden's actions? All of these actions were taken by Ukrainian officials prior to the phone call.

Knowing the above why wouldn't the U.S. President want an investigation into an alleged corrupt official? Is Biden, Biden's son and his fellow democrats above the law?
All bogus stories debunked by multiple press accounts..

Sounds like you are a buyer into the "deep state" accounts spun of your king.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:01 PM   #172
woodtoo

Quote:
Are you privy to this?

Have you read the complaint?

Is the whistleblower a fishing buddy of yours?

Funny how you harp about unsubstantiated claims from time to time.
What's really funny is you harping on the unknown and blaming others of the same thing.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #173
elysiantraveller

Quote:
General counsel Jason Klitenic stated position.

"The complaint forwarded to the [inspector general] does not meet the definition of 'urgent concern,'" general counsel Jason Klitenic wrote in a letter to Schiff on Tuesday. "This complaint ... concerned conduct by someone outside the Intelligence Community and did not relate to any 'intelligence activity' under the DNI's supervision." [emphasis added]

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/whistle...from-congress/

Not to be disclosed because it does not meet the definitions required by the statute and most important reasons the Executive Office is outside the intelligence community and being outside intelligence activity under the DNI's supervision.
The IC IG disagrees with this assessment.

Furthermore, I already mentioned the citing of executive privilege.

If that is the case it is another example of the imperial presidency you never have a problem defending... unless of course its in regards to Obama or Biden.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:10 PM   #174
TJDave

Quote:
Nothing.

I don't care about the transcript. I care about the whistleblower.
The House will subpoena him/her.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:10 PM   #175
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
All bogus stories debunked by multiple press accounts..

Sounds like you are a buyer into the "deep state" accounts spun of your king.
Press accounts prove nothing. According to the press Trump colluded with Russia, is an agent of Russia, etc.You need investigations to determine if the evidence is credible regarding the allegations of criminal acts. After all the investigations by Congress and the Special Counsel it has been determined the press accounts were false. That is why we rely on investigations and not press accounts to determine if a crime had been committed or not.

I have a feeling there are transcripts or maybe tapes of Biden's conversations with Ukrainian officials. We will just have to wait and see while these allegations are investigated.

I am sure Biden will welcome an investigation to exonerate him.
George Washington
Old 09-24-2019, 04:17 PM   #176
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
The House will subpoena him/her.
The WB's counsel is already in contact with the house Intel committee and planning on coming in.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:20 PM   #177
MargieRose

"Can't be a whistle blower, without a first-hand knowledge. The person does not qualify as a whistle blower. Full transparency for national security reasons is needed regarding this person."

Why are those wishing/hoping/praying for the worst ignoring this statement?
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2019, 04:24 PM   #178
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Press accounts prove nothing. According to the press Trump colluded with Russia, is an agent of Russia, etc.You need investigations to determine if the evidence is credible regarding the allegations of criminal acts. After all the investigations by Congress and the Special Counsel it has been determined the press accounts were false. That is why we rely on investigations and not press accounts to determine if a crime had been committed or not.

I have a feeling there are transcripts or maybe tapes of Biden's conversations with Ukrainian officials. We will just have to wait and see while these allegations are investigated.

I am sure Biden will welcome an investigation to exonerate him.
The current Prosecutor General of Ukraine says there is nothing there.

Lutsenko his predecessor says there is nothing there.

Meanwhile SMTW: "there's something there!"
Old 09-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #179
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
The IC IG disagrees with this assessment.

Furthermore, I already mentioned the citing of executive privilege.

If that is the case it is another example of the imperial presidency you never have a problem defending... unless of course its in regards to Obama or Biden.
Source of this claim. The IC IG initial action does not constitute disagreement. Has the IC IG disputed the General Counsel's statement.

How come you are not frothing at the mouth about Comey not being charged under the espionage act, since the IG actually referred him for criminal prosecution?
George Washington
Old 09-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #180
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
"Can't be a whistle blower, without a first-hand knowledge. The person does not qualify as a whistle blower. Full transparency for national security reasons is needed regarding this person."

Why are those wishing/hoping/praying for the worst ignoring this statement?
It's really quite simple MargieRose, the only way to beat Donald J.Trump in 2020 is impeachment, we know it, they know it everybody knows it.
It is a very risky experiment but obviously the ONLY way.