Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #16
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Christians are not a fringe group. Do you dislike Christians?

Additionally they believe in Christianity but they support Trumps policies not his personal failings.

Christians never say they are perfect. All of us sin.

Hcap seems to like conflating everything. This thread is another example
Not all Christians believe in the Rapture, and I as a Jew find it absurd. And as an American, even thinking Trump was chosen by God extremely offensive

Rant on pal, you are starting to rant your way on to ignore
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2018, 01:00 PM   #17
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Not all Christians believe in the Rapture, and I as a Jew find it absurd. And as an American, even thinking Trump was chosen by God extremely offensive

Why can't you believe that some Christians believe he was chosen by God?

Saul of Tarsus was chosen by God.

Question: "What is the story of Saul of Tarsus before he became the apostle Paul?"

Answer: It is difficult to overestimate the influence of the apostle Paul. He is known worldwide as one of the greatest Christian missionaries. His inspired writings cover a large portion of the New Testament, and it is safe to say that he remains one of the most read authors in human history. His abrupt turnaround from zealous persecutor of Christians to one of Christianity’s greatest proponents surely shaped the history of the early Christian church. But who was Saul of Tarsus before he became the apostle Paul? What do we know about his life prior to meeting Christ on the Damascus Road?

Saul of Tarsus was born in approximately AD 5 in the city of Tarsus in Cilicia (in modern-day Turkey). He was born to Jewish parents who possessed Roman citizenship, a coveted privilege that their son would also possess. In about AD 10, Saul’s family moved to Jerusalem. Sometime between AD 15—20 Saul began his studies of the Hebrew Scriptures in the city of Jerusalem under Rabbi Gamaliel. It was under Gamaliel that Saul would begin an in-depth study of the Law with the famous rabbi.

There has been some debate over whether Saul was raised in Jerusalem or in his birthplace of Tarsus, but a straightforward reading of his own comments indicate that Jerusalem was his boyhood home (Acts 22:3). We know that Paul’s sister’s son was in Jerusalem after Paul’s conversion (Acts 23:16), which lends weight to the idea that Paul’s entire family had moved to Jerusalem when he was young.

It is quite possible that Saul was present for the trial of Stephen—a trial that resulted in Stephen becoming the first Christian martyr (Acts 7:54–60). The historian Luke tells us that Stephen’s executioners laid their garments at the feet of Saul (Acts 7:58), who was in full approval of the mob’s murderous actions (Acts 8:1). Saul later ravaged the church, entering the homes of believers and committing them to prison. Saul’s anti-Christian zeal motivated him not only to arrest and imprison male Christians (the “ringleaders”) but to lock up female believers as well (Acts 8:3).

Paul’s post-conversion correspondence to various churches reveal even more about his background. In his second letter to the church in Corinth, Paul describes himself as a Hebrew, an Israelite, and a descendant of Abraham (2 Corinthians 11:22). In his letter to the Philippian church, Paul says he was a Pharisee of the tribe of Benjamin (Philippians 3:5).

While on his way to Damascus to arrest and extradite Christians back to Jerusalem, Saul was confronted by the very One whom he was persecuting (Acts 9:3–9; 22:6–11; 26:12–18). What followed was one of the most dramatic conversions in church history. Saul of Tarsus became the apostle Paul, an ardent missionary to an unbelieving world and a fine example of faithful service in the face of fierce persecution (Acts 14:19; 16:22–24; 2 Corinthians 11:25–26). Saul’s education, his background as a Pharisee, his Roman citizenship, and his unflagging zeal all contributed to his success as a missionary, once those credentials and traits had been subjugated to the lordship of Christ.

I will even send you money to put me on ignore.

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-13-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2018, 01:54 PM   #18
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro
Where and when did I say Christians are a fringe group? Although I am Jewish by birth, spent time on a retreat in a Catholic Monastery. Studied comparative religions.

So before I throw you overboard entirely, please quote where I said Christianity is a fringe group. If you can. I think you are consumed by your narrow view of the world and hatred of progressives, you confuse what you think people say for what they actually say.

I will refrain giving you religious advice. That is boxcar's specialty, and it looks like yours too

Btw, pride and vanity are very sneaky
Old 11-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #19
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Where and when did I say Christians are a fringe group? Although I am Jewish by birth, spent time on a retreat in a Catholic Monastery. Studied comparative religions.

So before I throw you overboard entirely, please quote where I said Christianity is a fringe group. If you can. I think you are consumed by your narrow view of the world and hatred of progressives, you confuse what you think people say for what they actually say.

I will refrain giving you religious advice. That is boxcar's specialty, and it looks like yours too.

Pretty sure you compared them to Islamists. If I am wrong you have my apology..

Oops it was in the first post of the thread.

"Reminds my of Islamic fanatics. Guess a fanatic by any other name is still a fanatic."

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-13-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #20
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Ironic - fanatics.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #21
hcap

Quote:
Pretty sure you compared them to Islamists. If I am wrong you have my apology..

Oops it was in the first post of the thread.

"Reminds my of Islamic fanatics. Guess a fanatic by any other name is still a fanatic."
Pretty sure.. Pretty sure. Pretty sure???? Of course you are wrong. Never said Christians were a fringe group
:

Figures you couldn't quote me accurately and proves you are out of contention as a worthwhile opponent.

Btw, an apology was the only thing required. You blew it.

Buh bye . Glub glub glub.

Last edited by hcap; 11-13-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:31 PM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Ah, more mental matches for the Champ to destroy!
Life is good when it isn't real.

Book of Delusions
Old 11-13-2018, 02:41 PM   #23
boxcar

Quote:

Additionally they believe in Christianity but they support Trumps policies not his personal failings.

Christians never say they are perfect. All of us sin.

Hcap seems to like conflating everything. This thread is another example
Oh yeah...according to Hcap, Light and others, Christians can't or shouldn't vote for anyone unless they're sinless. That's really separating Church from State.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #24
boxcar

Quote:

You see how self-righteous you are? (Rhetorical question: Of course, you don't.)
Old 11-13-2018, 02:46 PM   #25
boxcar

Quote:

I will refrain giving you religious advice. That is boxcar's specialty, and it looks like yours too

But Christian exegetes are a fringe group? Anyone who doesn't do your Allahgorical thingy, right?
Old 11-13-2018, 02:47 PM   #26
biggestal99

Quote:
Wait? I thought Obama or Hillary fit the bill for ant-christ.

Evangelicals are a fickle lot

Ronald Wilson Reagan. 666.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #27
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Oh yeah...according to Hcap, Light and others, Christians can't or shouldn't vote for anyone unless they're sinless. That's really separating Church from State.
One of the premises of Christianity is that Jesus died for our sins. As Christians we all sin. And when we sin we can ask for forgiveness and receive it because of what Jesus did. Pretty fundamental to Christianity. I don't know what there is to knock about this.

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-13-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:40 PM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Wait? I thought Obama or Hillary fit the bill for ant-christ.
FYI, those are the Anti-American and the Anti- Woman.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:03 PM   #29
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Unless they live in Floriduh?
Old 11-13-2018, 06:26 PM   #30
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Ronald Wilson Reagan. 666.

Allan
What about 666 Fifth Avenue?

In January 2007, Tishman Speyer, along with the German investment firm TMW, announced the sale of the building to the Kushner Properties for $1.8 billion

Son in law of Satan in disguise? Unfortunately, religious Rorschachs abound in our culture. One can see anything one wishes, and is floating around in their subconscious. The road may be narrow due to the fact keeping ones spiritual balance gets unbalanced before one knows it.

Socrates' 'Know thyself is still relevant

Now, thanks to the greatest conspiracy theorist president of all time, there are more Rorschachs in politics too

Say hello to "Q" Randall even puffed a video of "Q" performing in "Raiders of the Lost Ark"