Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 08:03 PM   #2431
Chris Longshot
Chris Longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Longshot View Post
SANTA 9

WAR HEROINE
won $11.20

Nice guys...

http://damountain.blogspot.com/
Old 02-14-2018, 06:29 PM   #2432
Chris Longshot
Chris Longshot

PENN NAT 2

YOUBEENBADMOM

WHATDAELBECA

Old 02-14-2018, 08:02 PM   #2433
jay68802

Delta Race #4:

Aubrey's Mission
Old 02-14-2018, 08:14 PM   #2434
jay68802

Penn Race #6:

Exacta Box: /
Old 02-14-2018, 09:08 PM   #2435
jay68802

Delta Race #7:

Pick 4: / / /
Old 02-14-2018, 11:00 PM   #2436
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Delta Race #7:

Pick 4: / / /
Pays $84.90

Broberg gets his medication levels right and wins every thing.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:59 AM   #2437
lamboguy

Quote:
Pays $84.90

Broberg gets his medication levels right and wins every thing.
this guy sure wins at a high rate, but while he does he cheapens up the game. that being said, his bottom line earn might be something like $150-$200 per start after he pays for whatever expenses and losses from the values of his claims.

i am not saying he is doing anything illegal, but he certainly is no good for the game along with others just like him. purses going way up has hurt this game immensely. if they were lower by about 25% Broberg and others just like him that play the same way would have no chance of making money the way they operate. they control the horses and the condition books in this game and scare all the smaller guys away from the racing game. i know of plenty of trainers that have waved the white flag because they just can't compete with these big guys.

the game does not understand that to be a successful business you have to have every component working hand in hand to keep the flow going. you need owner's, trainer's, track personnel, and most importantly bettors. with any part not functioning properly you have nothing.

in Santa Anita the general manager Tim Ritvo is trying something to address the problem of smaller outfits not being able to compete by carding special races that leave out higher priced horses and larger trainers. its at least an acknowledgment that there is a problem. but a better way of doing this would be to level off the whole playing field.

the thing that really irks me in this game is when a horse gets a positive test and stewards take away the purse money from the owners and trainers, but the bettors have no recourse to the tickets that they had to rip up because they were at a disadvantage before the race was ever run. the game is relying on bettors not seeing all these purse reversals. i didn't know about them until about 5 years ago when i had a few horses that were running at different tracks. i got mail from the horsemen's bookkeeper telling me i have more money in my purse account because some horse in front of me had a bad test and my horse has been moved up to 2nd from 3rd. one time i got a letter from them a month after my horse ran 3rd and i got moved up to win due to 2 different horses with bad test's ahead of me. i scratched my head and said to myself what the hell am i doing in this game? so i weaned myself out of racing horses something that i have done for over 40 years. i have also backed down with the amount that i bet on these things along with the frequency.

i have noticed on this board that there are others that are taking a back seat that were every day players as well. the thing about it is that these are good people and good for the game, but they must be seeing that they are losing at a faster rate than before and have thrown in the towel.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:31 AM   #2438
jay68802

I spent a lot of time handicapping Delta, it was the only track I played for quite a while. When slot money was added the changes were dramatic. The one horse I remember the most was a horse named Hetia, or something close to that. Good horse, had won a Stakes race and a few others. I was playing Delta one night and noticed that Hetia was entered in a OC10000 race. I also noticed that the horse was now trained by Broberg. When Hetia came on to the track, I looked at the horse and thought "Oh, no, this horse is acting totally different than before." Set the track record for 6.5f that night. When I got home that night I looked at my computer and found the horses last 3 races and watched the Post Paraded to confirm what I thought. In those 3 races, the horse was calm, but looked on the toes. Nice look for a horse. What I saw that night was a horse that was jumping out of his or her skin. Looked like a Meth addict that had just gotten a fix. I think Boberg got 4 or 5 races out of the horse, won all but one, then the horse was moved back to the previous trainer. Why the move back, the horse was winning? Come to find out the owners did not like the "change" in the horse either. Now what he is doing might not be illegal, but it is not in the best interest of the horse.

The dramatic changes were that suddenly horses were running speed figures 15 to 25 pts higher than before, then would go back to normal. large fluctuations like that are normal, but when it happens to often, you have to think "What's going on here?"
Old 02-15-2018, 03:05 PM   #2439
lamboguy

Quote:
I spent a lot of time handicapping Delta, it was the only track I played for quite a while. When slot money was added the changes were dramatic. The one horse I remember the most was a horse named Hetia, or something close to that. Good horse, had won a Stakes race and a few others. I was playing Delta one night and noticed that Hetia was entered in a OC10000 race. I also noticed that the horse was now trained by Broberg. When Hetia came on to the track, I looked at the horse and thought "Oh, no, this horse is acting totally different than before." Set the track record for 6.5f that night. When I got home that night I looked at my computer and found the horses last 3 races and watched the Post Paraded to confirm what I thought. In those 3 races, the horse was calm, but looked on the toes. Nice look for a horse. What I saw that night was a horse that was jumping out of his or her skin. Looked like a Meth addict that had just gotten a fix. I think Boberg got 4 or 5 races out of the horse, won all but one, then the horse was moved back to the previous trainer. Why the move back, the horse was winning? Come to find out the owners did not like the "change" in the horse either. Now what he is doing might not be illegal, but it is not in the best interest of the horse.

The dramatic changes were that suddenly horses were running speed figures 15 to 25 pts higher than before, then would go back to normal. large fluctuations like that are normal, but when it happens to often, you have to think "What's going on here?"
i don't know what or how, but i agree with you
Old 02-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #2440
Chris Longshot
Chris Longshot

OAK 3

ALITTLECOMPLICATED

INDY BREEZE

Old 02-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #2441
Chris Longshot
Chris Longshot

Quote: