Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-08-2019, 09:56 PM   #121
big frank

Juddmonte

Honest Mischief looks like a really talented horse for Jud ! I feel he will be a big player in the belmont if Chad goes that way................
big frank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #122
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Damn.

Back to the drawing board. Can't even wall off OC$75K company at 7F.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2019, 01:42 PM   #123
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Damn.

Back to the drawing board. Can't even wall off OC$75K company at 7F.
Do you think this horse is ruined or can he come back?
delsully is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2019, 04:41 PM   #124
Fightingirish51195

Turf horse
Old 03-02-2020, 08:31 PM   #125
big frank

That was the real Hidden Scroll yesterday ! Big things to come this year---------if he stays healthy ! a lot of options for Mott----could see him on turf down the road------could stay mid distance/sprint---could stretch out--exiting horse when he is on his A game
big frank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2020, 08:40 PM   #126
the little guy

Yeah, he'll be on the turf when they have completely given up ( which I am guessing won't happen...they would retire him first ).
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2020, 12:34 PM   #127
CaptainObvious

The horse could flourish this year in one turn races. Glad to see he got over his case of “derby fever”.
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2020, 12:46 PM   #128
jay68802

He beat a small field of $25,000 horses. Showed the same thing as he did when he broke his maiden. Wired a weak group and will get a good figure.Would not get to excited get.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2020, 04:31 PM   #129
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
. Wired a weak group and will get a good figure.Would not get to excited get.
He rated 3 furlongs. He beat nothing. The eye buzz was good. He gave me a reason to watch him again.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2020, 11:47 AM   #130
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
He rated 3 furlongs. He beat nothing. The eye buzz was good. He gave me a reason to watch him again.
That is a great summary of the race. I saw nothing to knock him in the slightest, but if he jumped into a G1 next and went off at 2-1, I'd probably bet against him.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2020, 12:34 PM   #131
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
That is a great summary of the race. I saw nothing to knock him in the slightest, but if he jumped into a G1 next and went off at 2-1, I'd probably bet against him.
Two quotes from this last weekend reminded again how I have no clue, particularly on young mental-case horses.

Dale Romans on Dennis's Moment last place finish in the FOY.

He ate all his food after the race, so I have no idea what happened.

Jason Servis on Maximum Security's first place finish in the Saudia Cup.

He ate all his food the next day so he came out good.

Even in a grade 3 , 2-1 is still a finger-crossed bet that he runs the same or better. Repeat what I saw. A 4 year old, moderately raced including 3 already at Gulfstream, being paddock schooled before an optional claimer. The horse might be nuts.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2020, 07:21 AM   #132
CaptainObvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
How about 7/2 in a G3?

This horse burns more money than the federal reserve, kinda reminds me of promises fulfilled.
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2020, 12:20 PM   #133
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
How about 7/2 in a G3?

This horse burns more money than the federal reserve, kinda reminds me of promises fulfilled.
Juddmonte Farms needs to reassess their strategy with their US horses; maybe get a racing manager specifically for this country.

Not sure what is up with all the rush jobs; maybe they are extrapolating from their European campaigns where young horses typically achieve their progression in training rather than through racing. Don't think it works like that here. These US horses should be allowed to get through their allowance conditions (if they fill--that's a whole other story) in a logical fashion rather than having to takes months off every time they get their head handed to them in a stakes.

Just in the last couple of years Juddmonte has botched it with Hidden Scroll, Honest Mischief, and Hofburg, all 3 of whom looked like nice horses but went from maiden wins directly to Grade 1s and couldn't handle it. You might even say they were heavy-handed with Tacitus, who ran in the Tampa Bay Derby off a 3-month layoff and only a maiden win, but he took it in stride. He has subsequently developed into a bridesmaid despite facing a weak and battered 3yo crop last year.

Hidden Scroll is probably fried at this point and/or he is simply a horse that cannot contest a fast pace and still finish. Maybe if he stretches out he will have an easier time of it. The ill-fated Left Bank was like that when he was a young horse (devastating in allowance races, but couldn't find when up against a quality pace), but once he stretched out he improved and even started to settle in his sprint races.

Left Bank wasn't thrown to the wolves early they way Hidden Scroll was, though, so I wouldn't hold out much hope of seeing a Phoenix rising...from Arizona.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2020, 01:10 PM   #134
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
How about 7/2 in a G3?

Yeah, talked about it on the podcast this week, I completely dismissed him. That was much better than your typical G3 race.

Promises Fulfilled won plenty, not sure he's the best comparison.

Last edited by cj; 04-19-2020 at 01:13 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2020, 06:23 PM   #135
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I don't see why everyone thinks this is even a stake horse - I think his goal should be to get past nw2x first - not a imagine, IMHO.

No way I use him in any stakes at this point - not at all impressed past his fluke msw win in the slop.