Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 03:22 PM   #10081
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
So the sun rises, eh? Or is that a colloquialism?
First time you've heard that phrase, heh? What about sunsets? New to you, as well?
Old 03-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #10082
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totaluy bolixed-up-car
No, what I have claimed is that Time in the PAST does not CAUSE Future events.!!! Pay Attention. You are so helplessly confused because you insist on conflating Time with Events that take place in Time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by You
The Future always come to us out of one direction to become the Past in the opposite direction. The Future always comes to us from the East to become the Past in the West.
You went on and on about how the earths rotation is an indicator of the direction of time. And now you attempt to remove "physical events" from time. Isn't the rotation of the planet a series of events in time? IF NOT, How do you determine the moment, passage, flow of time if not by events?

EVEN YOUR ALARM CLOCK SHOWS YOU MATTER IN MOTION

C'mon, who do you think you are fooling beside yourself? You are losing the debate so you now claim events have nothing to do with time

Your idiotic post # #990 claims time is "written by "matter in motion
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
But Mr. Wanna-be Scientist, sir, Time is "written" in MOTION. Without Matter moving through Space (or sky to us earthlings), there would be no Time.

What are you going to do now...deny that the earth is in Motion? That sun itself isn't in motion? That the stars aren't in motion?
Eh... bunky, matter in motion are events in time.

Last edited by hcap; 03-11-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:05 PM   #10083
hcap

So if time is not defined by changing events, yet it is "consumed" or used up, what is time? And what determines it's direction other than faith based proclamations from on high?
Old 03-11-2019, 05:37 PM   #10084
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
So if time is not defined by changing events, yet it is "consumed" or used up, what is time? And what determines it's direction other than faith based proclamations from on high?
I defined "time" in my 11 part thesis. Look it up.

Also, Mr. Humpty, you have an additional unsolvable problem with your lame chronological theory. Here it is, so get ready. Since you have Yesterday becoming Today and Today becoming Tomorrow, how is it possible that any of us get to actually experience Tomorrow since Tomorrow can never arrive to the Present to be experienced? This is, yet, another nasty dilemma for your stupid theory because we can only experience the world around us in the Present, since Phenomena can only touch our senses in the Present. We can never experience Phenomena in the Past or Future.

I wonder why so many humans so often look forward to their Tomorrows when all that Tomorrow is good for is to serve as a graveyard for all our Todays and Yesterdays.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #10085
boxcar

Quote:
You went on and on about how the earths rotation is an indicator of the direction of time. And now you attempt to remove "physical events" from time. Isn't the rotation of the planet a series of events in time? IF NOT, How do you determine the moment, passage, flow of time if not by events?

EVEN YOUR ALARM CLOCK SHOWS YOU MATTER IN MOTION

C'mon, who do you think you are fooling beside yourself? You are losing the debate so you now claim events have nothing to do with time

Your idiotic post # #990 claims time is "written by "matter in motion
Eh... bunky, matter in motion are events in time.
Time is much, much bigger than any mere human event or even this tiny planet is, since Time itself is a component of the universe that forms its very foundational structure. I also did state earlier that Time is independent of human activity or event. Matter in Motion is an event of the Universe that far transcends any human event or invention on this tiny terrestrial ball.

And if your "alarm clock" works, it only runs one way. And that one way is not your backwards way.

And if want to know how the passage of time is determined, buy a sundial and camp out and watch many sunrises and sunsets until you're blue in the face. Nature can be a great teacher to all but the simple-minded.

Yes, Matter in Motion are events IN Time, but those events are not Time. Time is often measured in terms of successive events. But those events are not Time itself.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:27 PM   #10086
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I defined "time" in my 11 part thesis. Look it up
I did and posted your inane nonsense here. You never defined time.

Just faith based proclaimed it originates in the future

Quote:
Also, Mr. Humpty, you have an additional unsolvable problem with your lame chronological theory. Here it is, so get ready. Since you have Yesterday becoming Today and Today becoming Tomorrow, how is it possible that any of us get to actually experience Tomorrow since Tomorrow can never arrive to the Present to be experienced? This is, yet, another nasty dilemma for your stupid theory because we can only experience the world around us in the Present, since Phenomena can only touch our senses in the Present. We can never experience Phenomena in the Past or Future.
Do you have a working memory? Can you learn from past experiences? Judging from your incoherent posts, I would say probably not. You forget what you babbled a few posts back

Quote:
I wonder why so many humans so often look forward to their Tomorrows when all that Tomorrow is good for is to serve as a graveyard for all our Todays and Yesterdays.
You must be human to get it bunky

BTW, You are not a poet and do not know it. Stick to looney toon religious proclamations.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:15 PM   #10087
boxcar

Quote:
I did and posted your inane nonsense here. You never defined time.

Just faith based proclaimed it originates in the future

Do you have a working memory? Can you learn from past experiences? Judging from your incoherent posts, I would say probably not. You forget what you babbled a few posts back

You must be human to get it bunky

BTW, You are not a poet and do not know it. Stick to looney toon religious proclamations.

I didn't "babble" anything about your newest problem. Since the Future never passes through the Present with your idiotic theory, how do we get to experience Tomorrow when we can only experience sensations by Phenomena touching our senses in the Present? The only time component you have passing through the Present is the Past! Don't forget, Mr. Wizard of Oz, you have our Yesterdays passing through our Todays to become our Tomorrows, which means none us can actually experience our Tomorrows. Our Yersterdays keeping pushing our Tomorrows farther and farther Back Into the Future.

You need to explain this to us.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:53 PM   #10088
dnlgfnk

Old 03-12-2019, 01:38 AM   #10089
Actor
Librocubicularist

"All knowledge that is not the genuine product of observation, or of the consequence of observation, is in fact utterly without foundation, and truly an illusion." -- Jean-Baptiste Lamarck
Old 03-12-2019, 02:12 AM   #10090
hcap

Quote:
I didn't "babble" anything about your newest problem. Since the Future never passes through the Present with your idiotic theory, how do we get to experience Tomorrow when we can only experience sensations by Phenomena touching our senses in the Present? The only time component you have passing through the Present is the Past! Don't forget, Mr. Wizard of Oz, you have our Yesterdays passing through our Todays to become our Tomorrows, which means none us can actually experience our Tomorrows. Our Yersterdays keeping pushing our Tomorrows farther and farther Back Into the Future.

You need to explain this to us.
You have been lying, and....
misleading
dissembling
dissimulating
double-crossing
double-dealing
equivocating
falsifying
fibbing
inventing
misrepresenting,
ever since I refused you absurd vague non specified bet claiming cause doesn't always precede effect. End of my Time debating a monumental liar on Time.

Buh-bye bunky.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:25 AM   #10091
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
Only spent a few hours in St. Louis 50 years ago.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #10092
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
"All knowledge that is not the genuine product of observation, or of the consequence of observation, is in fact utterly without foundation, and truly an illusion." -- Jean-Baptiste Lamarck
Really? Well...well...you just bit your schnoz off to spite your face, didn't you!? Just remember that the next time you speculate about the origins of the universe, this world, or life or the age of things -- because all that puffed up so called knowledge of yours and the other high priests of scientism is not the genuine product of observation or of the consequence of observation and is therefore in fact utterly without foundation, and truly and illusion.

And you're as pathetic as you bosom buddy Humpty because you have so soon forgotten how you recently vigorously defended gaining knowledge through the process of logical inferences.

But have a nice day in spite of your duplicitous nature.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:57 AM   #10093
boxcar

Quote:
misleading
dissembling
dissimulating
double-crossing
double-dealing
equivocating
falsifying
fibbing
inventing
misrepresenting,
ever since I refused you absurd vague non specified bet claiming cause doesn't always precede effect. End of my Time debating a monumental liar on Time.

Buh-bye bunky.
Ahh...picking up your toys and leaving, are you? What's the matter, getting a little hot in the kitchen for you? Hey...you turned the heat up on yourself. You are the one who has Yesterday passing through the portal of Today to become Tomorrow -- completely overlooking the little "factoid" that unless Tomorrow can pass through that portal also, there can't possibly be any Tomorrows. None of us will ever get to experience a new day because that can only be done by Phenomena touching our senses in the Present. But your lame theory has all our Tomorrows moving farther and farther AWAY from the Present because all our Yesterdays keep pushing those Tomorrows back away from the Present. This is what happens when your flow of time is utterly backwards!

But hey...let's not allow the facts to ruin your dumb theory. Besides, you can get to relive all those endless Yesterdays until you die of boredom.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #10094
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar-the-liar
What's the matter, getting a little hot in the kitchen for you? Hey...you turned the heat up on yourself.
Your late ridiculous cop out is removing events from time. Even tho you claimed matter in motion was a metric of time, and it's direction a few pages earlier. You made that shit up because you had no choice but to fabricate that obvious lie, after I shamed you into recognizing events as demonstrated by common everyday cause and effect debunks your absurd phlogiston backwards TIME theory where effect comes before cause

misleading
dissembling
dissimulating
double-crossing
double-dealing
equivocating
falsifying
fibbing
inventing
misrepresenting,

ever since I refused you absurd vague non specified bet claiming cause doesn't always precede effect.

Last edited by hcap; 03-12-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:23 PM   #10095
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
.. you have so soon forgotten how you recently vigorously defended gaining knowledge through the process of logical inferences.
"Consequences of observation" include "logical inferences."