Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:46 AM   #226
AltonKelsey
Veteran

You can never have significant health care reform without dismantling the heath care system itself, expunging the waste , fraud , and greed.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2017, 07:11 AM   #227
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
All Paul Ryan needed to do was to present the GOP's 2015 ACA replacement bill that was vetoed by Barry Obama, and there'd be no problem getting the votes needed. It would have sailed through the House and it would have been very close to passing in the Senate too, imo.

But noooo. The village idiot lied to the President when he said he had the votes when he never did at any time. You see, Ryan's real agenda is to derail the Trump Train and kiss the arses of the insurance companies and his corporate donors, so America, be damned.

Paul Ryan and the GOP House leadership are the real losers tonight and forever. In time, he and the entire GOP leadership need to be replaced. And they will.

It was a bad bill from jump street and I am glad of its demise even though Trump will lose some political capital. I'm sorry that President Trump didn't call me for advice for if he did, I'd have let it be known that the Ryan Care bill was doomed, and by the way, fire Reinze Priebus too, ASAP. President Trump and America doesn't need a schmuck and a Ryan acolyte advising him, for sure.

Yes, Trump will get tarred somewhat for his support of Ryan Care but that will last a day or two. And when that ends, so will the 'leadership' of Paul Ryan; Trump takes over now and he will get things done, as we all know he usually does.
you have this completely right as well. those republicans are no better than Bush, Romney or Obama. Trump has a real fight on his hands now.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2017, 04:28 PM   #228
lamboguy

SFOR closes the day up 9%, slightly up for the week on no volume whatsoever.

not sure what to make of the volume on a low price stock like this one. 2 ways to look at it though since the horse did have a huge run and there are no sellers in the stock. the other way to look at it is that there are no new buyers in the stock as well.

my conclusion is that its getting scary now and could get destroyed in a new york minute.

i had 1 million shares up to sell and got filled for 220,000 of them today. gonna wait the weekend out and see what comes up next week.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:16 PM   #229
_______
Veteran

The economy seems to be doing great regardless of any shenanigans in Washington which we can all be thankful for.

But the market has priced in infrastructure/tax reform. I would put the odds of even one of them happening before the August break as sub 50%.

When it settles in that having one (divided) party controlling all the levers in Washington isn't all that different from the divided government we had for the last 6 years, the market will adjust.

Expectations will be set lower. What does it mean if there isn't repatriation of all the overseas cash? What if 2017 tax rates are the same as 2016?

That realization is about to dawn across the board. It will hopefully be a gross overreaction when it does. Corporate profits will still be better in 2017 than they were in 2016.

I've been waiting since mid-December for the shine to come off everyone's new toy.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2017, 04:43 PM   #230
lamboguy

SFOR only up 5% today
Old 03-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #231
Tape Reader

How do commissions figure into buying a stock like this?
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2017, 06:32 PM   #232
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
How do commissions figure into buying a stock like this?
i deal with E-Trade and they are charging me $10 a trade on no matter how many shares i buy or sell.

this is a tough stock to get a complete fill with, today i sold 280,000 shares out of the million that i tried to move out. that is a good day for me, there have been days that i have only been able to trade under 100,000 shares.

volume has been very light the last 2 weeks.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #233
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Actually volume is pretty normal for this stock. The occasional big volume day is only on news or some other driver, like a pump.

Should have been easy enough to sell a million today, if you really wanted to.

Last edited by AltonKelsey; 03-27-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:25 PM   #234
lamboguy

SFOR up 11% today
Old 03-28-2017, 04:37 PM   #235
AltonKelsey
Veteran

All you need now is for Goldman Sachs to call it their Best Idea(c) and put a $5 target on it, and you can stop trying to hit those pick 6's fr the rest of your life.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:13 PM   #236
lamboguy

i don't play the pick 6 and my target is .07.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:08 PM   #237
AltonKelsey
Veteran

good enough . on its way to $1 I'll know where I can buy 1 million shares for 7c
Old 03-29-2017, 11:49 AM   #238
lamboguy

the reason why the move in this stock is that the CEO of SFOR is meeting with the Department of Defense to sell them out of band authentication product that they want.

supposedly SFOR has the patent for what they want. getting the deal is going to be the make or break for this company.

i just found this out this morning and the stock is up very slightly so far today with the same low volume.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:27 PM   #239
lamboguy

dojji today, SFOR closed completely flat for the session.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:21 PM   #240
lamboguy

SFOR down 4% today