Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 07-18-2019, 07:11 AM   #1
Teach

Saratoga: Thursday, July 18

Race One:

We start with a short-field, 7-panels allowance. I’m assuming the Saratoga Race Course oval is still wet. I’m handicapping today’s card based on that assumption (there is the possibility of more rain). In this 1st race lid-lifter, I like three horses. As I work inside-out, I’ll start with Zealous. This Jimmy Bond-trained, Luis Saez-ridden (Saez won the opener, yesterday) has been away from the races “…for the longest time.” This bay gelding hasn’t been seen on the racetrack since Valentine’s Day. I would think this 5-year old needs a race, then again… This gelding did register a “bullet” work earlier this month. He does have a predilection for wet tracks. His breeding, i.e., Tiznow (Cee’s Tizzy), Elusive Quality, appears to confirm that. In conclusion, if he reasonably ready, the gelding can be “a player”. Then there’s Golden Tiger. This 3-year old bay gelding is trained by Albert Stall, Jr. (I believe Maggie interviewed him yesterday on Fox Sports). Stall does well with horses that are both “shippers” and those entered in sprints. “El Dominicano,” Jo-el Rosario, is in the irons. Rosario should have this altered son of Street Sense out and going when the gates open; he’ll be playing “catch-me-if-you-can”. This Street Cry-bred performed most ably in two races at CD, he had a 1st and 2nd. A recent Churchill morning-work bolsters confidence. Finally, there's Smile Bryan, the Graham Motion entrant. This 3-year old bay colt finished a closing 3rd in a similar race at Belmont just before Independence Day. If there’s a “fly in the ointment,” this Into Mischief-bred has had “the stumble-bumbles” coming out of the gate. A clean start is imperative if this Cape Town-bred is to grace the winner’s circle.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2019, 09:30 AM   #2
Teach

Note: I’m handicapping with the belief that the grass races will be taken off the turf and run on the main.

Race Two: - - -

Race Three: - - -

Race Four: - - -

Race Five: - - -

Race Six: - - -

Race Seven: - - -

Race Eight: - - -

Race Nine: - - -

Race Ten: - - -

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 07-18-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
Teach

Race Four will be run on The Inner: - - -

Race Eight: will be run on The Mellon: / - / - -

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: