Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 02-13-2016, 06:44 PM   #46
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
Love your call on Tepin. She has been an ATM machine for me dating back to her runner-up in the G2 San Clemente. She rolls in off of back-to-back career races, so there is little doubt she won't be fully cranked and they are likely just looking to get her feet under her in 2016. Lexie Lou is interesting, but the Lovely Loyree has me interested.

[b]Calculator is a must bet against[/B]. Going with the newbie Fusaichi Samurai. This might be a pretty damn good horse.
Absolutely is. 2yo race record off a 13 month layoff. That's screaming bet against to me.

I'll take a couple buck stab on J Serino.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2016, 06:46 PM   #47
ultracapper

Who in that field that Calculator beat in January 2015 would scare you in this field?
Old 02-13-2016, 07:03 PM   #48
ultracapper

We-e-e-lllll. Quite a move he made on the turn. Quite a fight he put up in the lane.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:32 PM   #49
sammy the sage

well that went well...NOT...0-2 for today...2016...

a couple of comments...Lexie was STRANGLED today...if I'm the owner...Casse loses that horse...and my business...Tepin still MUCH the best...and I was wrong...it happens...

Calculator made huge move on the turn and was very game in the lane...BUT....don't know if he'll go that much farther or not...time will tell...perhaps might get a chance to throw away more money against...
Old 04-15-2016, 08:26 PM   #50
sammy the sage

4/16/16...0-2 posted 2016...

keenland 9th...against 9/5 chalk...swipe...KD is NOT riding for brother/trainer...who has very poor 1st off lay-off record....KD...is riding others on the card....tells me all I need to know....

Keenland 10th...against 4/5 tepin...what..I must be crazy...aaahhhh...but the last horse to nail her is in today...with the right jock and a good weight break...we'll see....

Oaklawn 11th...against 2/1Cupid...not THAT cushy trip today...w/weight swings, pace swing, and lane change swing...think there at least 3 here that can beat him....

Last edited by sammy the sage; 04-15-2016 at 08:32 PM.
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2016, 08:23 AM   #51
sammy the sage

2 more for today...100k stakes...both 2/1 chalk....at LARC...

poor K Den...hopefully he's at Kee today riding Ward's charges...these seem to be ill advised placements...

5th...wild dude....this race a bit short for him...

7th...Soi Phet...once on my watch list...has gotten some VERY strange rides over THE years...not from just one jock either....seems like he's lost a step to me...could be wrong...
Old 04-16-2016, 08:43 PM   #52
sammy the sage

4 outta 5 today...good ole KD is back to usual self...look at the ride in the 5th sometime...good for me...

will not bet against Tepin again...what an impressive horse she's turned into...

all the other reasoning ended up being spot on....

record now posted stakes beat the short chalk for 2016...4-3...

til next time....
Old 04-30-2016, 07:01 AM   #53
sammy the sage

4/30...couple of 100k races today w/the same angle....long lay-offs w/a trainer whose known to USE A RACE to get ready...not fully cranked...interesting spots as well....

Both 2/1 chalk and will probably be lower???

so betting against both on the win end...

8th...Belmont #5 green mask

7th...Gulfstream #6 middleburg
Old 04-30-2016, 08:12 PM   #54
sammy the sage

worked like a charm...don't happen too much in horse racing....6-3...beat the chalk...til next time....
Old 05-06-2016, 06:21 AM   #55
sammy the sage

oaks day 5/6

interesting card...several low chalks to look at...the one I'll be betting against the win is.....

10th #10 Catch a Glimpse 2/1ML...might be lower...toughest field by far faced yet...and think a bit over rated...several here could improve dramatically....think this one has peaked...we'll see....B.O.L. all...
Old 05-06-2016, 09:59 PM   #56
sammy the sage

well...she ran well...take my lumps and move on...6-4...
Old 05-07-2016, 04:07 PM   #57
sammy the sage

ah yes...derby day...notice I didn't pick against THE Tepin...female version of Wise Dan...just WOW, once again...

Have to be against Nyguist here at 2/1...4th or 5th fastest on the figs...no brainer....get beat...get beat...

2nd bet against today...Belmont race 11...Sea Calisi...at 4/5 or less...they brought 'em stateside to avoid SOFT turf....guess what they get today....plus...SOMETIMES Mr. Brown has them use 1st graded stakes back as strictly a warm-up...despite the gaudy #'s off the lay-off...thinking the target is a Belmont stakes day race...
Old 05-07-2016, 05:24 PM   #58
sammy the sage

11th Churchill 2 mins. to go...big blue kitten 2/1...against....think it's a work-out....and too short a race for him normally...we'll see...
Old 05-08-2016, 06:45 AM   #59
sammy the sage

not a good day for moi....chalk was tough...7-6....heck...blind betting against the fav.'s better than that record currently....
Old 05-20-2016, 09:36 AM   #60
sammy the sage

today 5/20/16....pimlico...8th...against...the 10yr. old hard trying Ben's Cat 9/5 ML...although the pace set-up is ideal for him...think he's lost a step...also think he's much better at 5.5 f than the 5f race today...b.o.l. all..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: