Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Better late than never...my take on the Preakness...

Can be found here: http://www.paceadvantage.com
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I just read a similar opinion by Byron King in the Form. I could be swayed. Two weeks ago Bode's Beyer of 108 seemed much the best. Now it looks more like an aberration. Absent that, and the rest are all in the same zip code. The Derby wiseguy pick might like different surroundings. Intriguing.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

By the way, I will categorically state that Creative Cause has absolutely NO CHANCE to win this race. He can finish in the tri and super, but he absolutely will not win.

I know, I know...I probably just made it a lock that CC wins today...

But seriously, if there ever was an "in and out" pattern on a horse, this one is it. The Derby was his IN. Today, he definitely looks like an OUT.

If anyone reading my opinion on the Preakness comes away with one thing today, please let it be that you won't be putting Creative Cause on top of any of your tickets.

It's horses like Creative Cause where I wish I had the ability to book bets on him...
Old 05-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
lamboguy

i have no idea why DADDY NOSE BEST is even in this race, so i probably just put him in the winners circle.

sentimentally i want WENT THE DAY WELL, my partner sold the mare of this horse. unfortunately they don't pay on sentiments.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i have no idea why DADDY NOSE BEST is even in this race, so i probably just put him in the winners circle.
I'd be very interested in hearing more on why you think this.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
lamboguy

i just think that the SUNLAND DERBY was a bogus race, he looked overmatched in the DERBY, and ran that way. i just wonder why he is going to run any better today?

i know that the barn loved the horse for the derby, so there might have been some excuse for him that we don't know.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
i just think that the SUNLAND DERBY was a bogus race, he looked overmatched in the DERBY, and ran that way. i just wonder why he is going to run any better today?
It's a valid opinion, and I am by no means stating he is the best horse in the race. But, given what I expect his price to be, I feel he will offer me the best bang for my buck in this field.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
It's a valid opinion, and I am by no means stating he is the best horse in the race. But, given what I expect his price to be, I feel he will offer me the best bang for my buck in this field.
he will be about 5-1 on that horse and way over bet for me to get involved in him, everyone thinks he's the horse today.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
By the way, I will categorically state that Creative Cause has absolutely NO CHANCE to win this race. He can finish in the tri and super, but he absolutely will not win.

I know, I know...I probably just made it a lock that CC wins today...

But seriously, if there ever was an "in and out" pattern on a horse, this one is it. The Derby was his IN. Today, he definitely looks like an OUT.

If anyone reading my opinion on the Preakness comes away with one thing today, please let it be that you won't be putting Creative Cause on top of any of your tickets.

It's horses like Creative Cause where I wish I had the ability to book bets on him...
I thought CC ran the second best race in the Derby (besides Bode). I don't buy the hot-and-cold theory on him. I think it's a Bode/CC exacta box. I don't think Daddy hits the board. I guess I don't have an orignial thought on the race, because I totally agree with Crist and Beyer's take on the race. Good luck.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
he will be about 5-1 on that horse and way over bet for me to get involved in him, everyone thinks he's the horse today.
I'd be pretty shocked if he were 5-1...Bode and IHA will take the bulk of the money...CC will get action...DNB at 5-1? No way...but then again, I just need over 4-1, so 5-1 will be just fine by me...
Old 05-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #11
lamboguy

Quote:
I'd be pretty shocked if he were 5-1...Bode and IHA will take the bulk of the money...CC will get action...DNB at 5-1? No way...but then again, I just need over 4-1, so 5-1 will be just fine by me...
he is third choice on the probable daily doubles from the BLACK EYED SUSIE yesterday.

you know as well as any that anything can happen in horse racing, and ASSMUSSEN has a history of winning with horses that looks like this one in this race. and when STEVE enters, he means business.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
he is third choice on the probable daily doubles from the BLACK EYED SUSIE yesterday.
You mean Pimlico Special...I wasn't aware he was third choice in the DD...in fact, I've been a bit out of it this week as my life has been impacted by ping-ponging between jury duty and my real job...luckily, they settled the case on Friday...lol
Old 05-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #13
sammy the sage

somebody's ON something...P.A. will GET way more THAN 5-1...

(Alternation, No. 8) with:

1. Tiger Walk, $681.60

2. Teeth of the Dog, $417.20

3. Pretension, $1,163.60

4. Zetterholm, $475.80

5. Went the Day Well, $62.20

6. Creative Cause, $71

7. Bodemeister, $34

8. Daddy Nose Best, $169

9. I’ll Have Another, $45

10. Optimizer, $744.40

11. Cozzetti, $564.60
Old 05-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Thanks for that sammy...fifth choice...yeah, I'd say I'm going to get more than 5-1....
Old 05-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Here's my rankings for today, in grade order:

I think the trouble "forced in, steadied" makes the 8 look better in this company. The 4 is a little scary, IMO, as is the 1 (although I don't hold much confidence in his winning the race, the early pace will have to be hotly contested and fast for him to have his chance.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply