Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-25-2019, 06:06 PM   #1
boys at tosconova

war of will

okay,...everyone likes dem long shots.

a playable long shot for me has to be a horse with some type of tactical speed and doesn't look too slow.

war of will fits the bill. already a strong G1 turf horse he got better when placed on the dirt...then the louie derby mishap/problem @ 4/5.

now he's a forgotten horse which will be huge in the exotics. if there's ever a race to throw out it's pretty easy to do so with that one.

this horse will be making it's way onto my ticket in some shape or form, obv post dependent.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2019, 06:12 PM   #2
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

6F to 1 mile turf horse.

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 04-25-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2019, 06:17 PM   #3
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
6F to 1 mile turf horse.
that's just not true
Old 04-25-2019, 06:22 PM   #4
Afleet

I have this horse covered in the futures so will toss out of my superfecta. War of Will's dam has the highest average winning distance (10F) of any horse in the field. Hate tossing horses like that, but he has that huge angle against him (not running well in final prep) even though there is a legit excuse.
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2019, 06:22 PM   #5
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
that's just not true

Why?

You think he is gonna get on or near the lead with this bunch and roll home in the money?
Old 04-25-2019, 06:23 PM   #6
f2tornado

A bit too pokey LP figures for my liking. Not like his early speed is all that great either. I suppose I’d pick him over By My Standards who has six panel breeding.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2019, 07:12 PM   #7
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
I have this horse covered in the futures so will toss out of my superfecta. War of Will's dam has the highest average winning distance (10F) of any horse in the field. Hate tossing horses like that, but he has that huge angle against him (not running well in final prep) even though there is a legit excuse.
War of Will's dam only won up to a mile and faded in her lone try at a longer distance (10f).

Her best offspring was 2yo flash Pathfork, who won at 7f but absolutely buried by Frankel in the latter's sensational 2000 Guineas run-off.

She did drop the ill-fated Tacticus who won 2 minor marathon stakes at 13-14f in NY. He's probably the reason for the high avg winning distance. It should be noted he was sired by stamina influence A.P. Indy.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2019, 07:16 PM   #8
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Why?

You think he is gonna get on or near the lead with this bunch and roll home in the money?

why? because his pp say so. he's already proven to much more than just a 6f to 1m turf horse.

all i want is punchers chance with a horse with a plausible excuse for racing the way he did in the lou derby. and one that will most likely be in decent position in the KD.

the horse recently trained in 59 @ 5F...besting 43 others
Old 04-25-2019, 07:24 PM   #9
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
okay,...everyone likes dem long shots.

a playable long shot for me has to be a horse with some type of tactical speed and doesn't look too slow.

war of will fits the bill. already a strong G1 turf horse he got better when placed on the dirt...then the louie derby mishap/problem @ 4/5.

now he's a forgotten horse which will be huge in the exotics. if there's ever a race to throw out it's pretty easy to do so with that one.

this horse will be making it's way onto my ticket in some shape or form, obv post dependent.
he certainly hasnt been flattered, been just about nothing in the races he won, and his final 5/16 at 1 1/16 was pretty slow, then the LA Derby tank job... with that said the only angle I like is the Instilled Regard, Moheyman, angle of early season success then forgotten about... but really the numbers dont lie on this one... although its not all just the numbers
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2019, 08:23 PM   #10
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
he certainly hasnt been flattered, been just about nothing in the races he won, and his final 5/16 at 1 1/16 was pretty slow, then the LA Derby tank job... with that said the only angle I like is the Instilled Regard, Moheyman, angle of early season success then forgotten about... but really the numbers dont lie on this one... although its not all just the numbers
i'm not saying throw your money at him and proclaim him your winner, i'm saying there are many reasons why he might run well.

he's already beaten many G1 turf horses and won by open lengths @ 1/16th+70 on the dirt in G3 and G2 before his FG mishap...so not beating anybody and not classy enough is just not true. he's just has't raced with many of these in his journey to get here.

having tactical speed and familiarity and success at CD is a bonus as well.......the horse should be big overlay and forgotten at the windows

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 04-25-2019 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:57 AM   #11
clicknow

Quote:
that's just not true
I agree, and have zero idea why anyone would think he's a 6F-1mile horse.
His pedigree is loaded stamina, as is his dosage
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2019, 07:45 AM   #12
dkbigsky

Holy crap War front is his Daddy and Sadlers Wells is his Grandpa on the Mares side. 6 Furlongs to a Mile???????? Probably the best bred of the bunch. Might be a Turf monster as he gets more experience. He is definitely one my top couple of horses, but i still like Game winner so. I just plan on donating a few bucks to people that know what they are doing on derby day. It makes it way more fun to watch if you have a couple bucks riding on it.
dkbigsky is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2019, 07:56 AM   #13
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I agree, and have zero idea why anyone would think he's a 6F-1mile horse.
His pedigree is loaded stamina, as is his dosage

Breeding matters a shit ton, but at some point in time the horse has to show he can really run.

He didn't run in the BC Juvy Turf for shits and giggles, and he did't run 9th in the Louisiana Derby because he is a special horse.

Already has 8 career starts under his belt. Which one shows he can hit the Trifecta next Saturday?
Old 04-26-2019, 09:55 AM   #14
burnsy
self medicated

Its not one race, but 3 in a row with ease once he went all dirt. Obviously, something went awry last out. Only one of a few to string wins together. Bred to run further then some of the others that are a way lower price. My problem is the competition level down there. You have people touting two horses that have yet to win this year......and the price will be right on this horse. I can’t blame anyone for trying . I have a feeling the exotic bets will be huge if a couple of these obvious ones don’t run well, and i think it’s a strong possibility this year.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2019, 07:53 PM   #15
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
I’m in the same boat, how many horses have setbacks in their last prep and then run well in the derby?

That said, I may use him underneath sparingly depending on the draw.
delsully is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: