Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-05-2017, 05:11 AM   #151
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
blinker change? Prayer? If this is your horse and you lost last time by a half length fair and square to a horse you'll face again, do you just go in the gate with no real plan and hope for the best or do you become proactive and try to find a 1/2 length somewhere? It's a fair question so people don't need to act insulted, is Espinosa some sort of sacred cow? I'm trying to find 1/2 length, this seemed like the most obvious place to start the conversation.
Maybe let Chrome roll early, open up several lengths early and set a blistering pace? Do you want to be cute trying to make up that 1/2 length? Chromes one advantage is experience. Try and throw something at Arrogate that he's yet to see. Worth a shot in my book.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 05:31 AM   #152
UnionRags

lol this is GP, this is quicksand, chrome will be flattered. Can't make up any ground here coming home. CC easy.
UnionRags is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 06:26 AM   #153
menifee

This is the first race I can ever recall where there are two races in one race. Match race between Chrome and Arrogate - 7 mil to winner - 1.75 to loser.

Behind that you have a Donn Handicap race for a million with every other participant receiving $250k.

I know they didn't intend it, but this is very similar to an event they had at Canterbury where they had two races go off at the same time. Pretty cool GP.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 07:29 AM   #154
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Now that I've gotten to know you, I think it's night and day. SRU/Easygoer has way more value than anything you've ever posted since I saw you get on here this time around.

At least Easygoer makes you think for a second. You, you just immediately remind us what a repulsive internet bully is, 25 times a day.

Now, Y'all have a good night.
So you thought his idea was a good one?

You should write a letter to the owners and Art Sherman. It seems like when you set your mind to something and write a letter that voila things happen so write a letter.

Tell them some real sharpies on the PA message board think they should change riders. Be sure to let us all know how it works out for you gals, okay?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 08:37 AM   #155
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpCat
Maybe let Chrome roll early, open up several lengths early and set a blistering pace? Do you want to be cute trying to make up that 1/2 length? Chromes one advantage is experience. Try and throw something at Arrogate that he's yet to see. Worth a shot in my book.
Why would you be getting cute by replacing a rider who accepts only 300 mounts in the last year (no, he's not Mike smith) and who rarely if ever rides the Gulfstream surface in favor of someone like Castellano for example who has almost 1500 mounts, wins money title after money title, and knows gulf like the back of his hand? Isn't it being 'cute' by NOT replacing him?
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 09:01 AM   #156
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Here's mountain mans comment in the 'Espinosa blow it?' Thread, has anyone decided to go back and watch victors 'seat' this is evident down the backstretch with close up shots of CC and Melatonin, one jock is tucked nicely with knees (not bobbing/rocking) and back parallel to the ground, Espinosa doesn't have back parallel to the ground for some reason, watch elite riders in elite races they all look 'elite' sitting on that horse.

Victor is essentially sitting down on chrome in the last 70 yards he can barely keep his rear end off the horse.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...3&postcount=78
Old 01-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #157
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpCat
Maybe let Chrome roll early, open up several lengths early and set a blistering pace?
If some of the horses being mentioned run, I think CC is going to have to sit off the pace, make first run, open up, and try to hold on.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #158
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
If some of the horses being mentioned run, I think CC is going to have to sit off the pace, make first run, open up, and try to hold on.
The 9f distance might be a good equalizer here. California Chrome historically has often gotten late in deep stretch especially at 10f. His major weapon is opening up on the turn heading into the stretch. Despite all the big wins at 10f, this horse has always been a bit reminiscent of horses like Congaree and Medaglia D'Oro, nearly unbeatable at 9f but very vulnerable at 10f.

On the other hand, watching the BC Classic, to me it appeared that Arrogate took some time to get in gear after Smith starting scrubbing on him. He might not be as "push button" as California Chrome.

At 9f, that might mean something.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #159
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!
The 9f distance might be a good equalizer here. California Chrome historically has often gotten late in deep stretch especially at 10f. His major weapon is opening up on the turn heading into the stretch. Despite all the big wins at 10f, this horse has always been a bit reminiscent of horses like Congaree and Medaglia D'Oro, nearly unbeatable at 9f but very vulnerable at 10f.

On the other hand, watching the BC Classic, to me it appeared that Arrogate took some time to get in gear after Smith starting scrubbing on him. He might not be as "push button" as California Chrome.

At 9f, that might mean something.
I agree. I've been a Chrome fan and my only criticism of the horse is a possible lack of heart. I'm not sure if he digs deep when challenged in the stretch. As a fan I hope the short stretch of Gulfstream works to his advantage.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 11:18 AM   #160
SuperPickle

Quote:
Here's mountain mans comment in the 'Espinosa blow it?' Thread, has anyone decided to go back and watch victors 'seat' this is evident down the backstretch with close up shots of CC and Melatonin, one jock is tucked nicely with knees (not bobbing/rocking) and back parallel to the ground, Espinosa doesn't have back parallel to the ground for some reason, watch elite riders in elite races they all look 'elite' sitting on that horse.

Victor is essentially sitting down on chrome in the last 70 yards he can barely keep his rear end off the horse.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...3&postcount=78
Do you want to go bump my thread where I said Mike Smith would ride the Classic exactly like he did and win.

Also in that post I mention Arrogate is his worst nightmare because Crome has never been able to beat a horse of his caliber with his running style. Basically Arrogate can do everything Crome can do and can do it farther.

The problem isn't Victor is on the horse. The problem is Mike Smith is on the other horse.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #161
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Apologies if already posted by Gun Runner unlikely for race now due to equine herpes virus outbreak in Louisiana.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #162
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #163
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Apologies if already posted by Gun Runner unlikely for race now due to equine herpes virus outbreak in Louisiana.
On the bright side , Fair Grounds has a deep (and progressive) stakes schedule, so Gun Runner will have plenty of races to point for in his own backyard.

The 3yo races will be interesting. If a horse runs the table there, will their performances be more inflated given the lack of competition? For example, Mark Casse has Valadorna stabled there. She seems like the top contender for the KY Oaks right now. It might be hard to tell whether she's truly progressed over the winter if the fields are decimated.

Hopefully, Classic Empire is elsewhere.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #164
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
Do you want to go bump my thread where I said Mike Smith would ride the Classic exactly like he did and win.

Also in that post I mention Arrogate is his worst nightmare because Crome has never been able to beat a horse of his caliber with his running style. Basically Arrogate can do everything Crome can do and can do it farther.

The problem isn't Victor is on the horse. The problem is Mike Smith is on the other horse.
So you're saying Victor can make as much speed as any rider in the nation currently? Hes equal to Castellano or the ortizes at the top of the nation leaderboard?
Old 01-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #165
dilanesp

Quote:
So you're saying Victor can make as much speed as any rider in the nation currently? Hes equal to Castellano or the ortizes at the top of the nation leaderboard?
The difference between the skill of elite riders is very small. You just aren't picking up 3 lengths just because Mike Smith rides your horse.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply