Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 10-18-2017, 05:41 PM   #1
teamshrink

Help me find a new site...

Since I quit TVG over their promotion debacle, I find myself looking for a new regular site to use. I tried Twinspires, but I don't like the interface and it seems geared towards "high dollar" bettors. Any recommendations for us little guys?
teamshrink is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
Parkview_Pirate

Depends on your state. TVG overlaps with Xpressbet and Twinspires for many states, but others on the board here will swear by BetPTC or Amwager, or some of the other smaller operators. If you want to bet the puppies, you'll need to look at Amwager or something similar.

Depends on your handle - if more concerned with rebates, it pays to shop around. Xpressbet and TS are relatively poor in this regard (along with TVG).

As for interfaces, I personally like the Twinspires' Classic mode - which evolved a bit from Winticket. They have various reward levels (like almost all ADWs), but they don't penalize the minnows, and there's no impact for inactivity (that I know of). They offer free Brisnet Ultimate PPs, which I prefer over DRF, but to each his own.

Xpressbet has better customer service (at least more responsive IMHO). I don't like the wagering interface as well, or the video screens that reset and go blank every 30 minutes. I do like their handicapping store interface a bit more than Twinspires when purchasing with cash, but for small players the rewards points won't keep up with purchases - at least for the DRF.

You'll find that some of the smaller operators don't have as many of the tracks, so it's critical to keep the venues in mind. It's annoying that they don't list state level restrictions on all the sites (just checked at NYRA bets), which would come in handy for comparison shopping.

One piece of advice I can stress - get and maintain at least two ADWs, since on the busiest days some of them have gone offline for extended periods.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #3
ldiatone

xpressbet

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 10:49 PM   #4
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamshrink View Post
Since I quit TVG over their promotion debacle, I find myself looking for a new regular site to use. I tried Twinspires, but I don't like the interface and it seems geared towards "high dollar" bettors. Any recommendations for us little guys?
Try a little known site called 123bet.com

Decent little sign up bonus and there's a daily rebate of 3% of your previous days wagers, for "non-Stronach" tracks, with the exception of show wagers.
TiffaniO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 10:55 PM   #5
Cutter14

I use several but my 2 favorites are amwager and watchandwager
Cutter14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2017, 07:17 AM   #6
teamshrink

Thanks

Thanks everyone! I'll give them a look!
teamshrink is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2017, 08:07 AM   #7
kevb

I prefer the Xpressbet interface.
kevb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2017, 01:29 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I've had accounts with a bunch of places.

My current site is amwager.com. They have been a sponsor of PaceAdvantage in the past, and I really like their setup. Plus if you don't live in NY, there's a good chance you'll get a decent rebate at AmWager.

Another sponsor of this website is Premier Turf Club (betptc.com). I've known them forever and they also offer rebates.

I suggest you check out both of the above sites while you're on your search.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2017, 01:41 PM   #9
DonnyN

NYRA Bets has daily promotions and the interface is pretty straightforward as well.
DonnyN is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2017, 03:45 PM   #10
Dmcwally

Capital otb maybe ?

Just out of curiosity has anyone here tried them ? http://www.capitalotbbet.com there website for me Has never crashed or me using it and they have their own tv channel streaming with pre shows and interviews.
Dmcwally is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: