Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:10 PM   #241
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Epic. All we need is for potus to tweet #MSGA

Make
Strikeforce
Great
Again
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2017, 02:27 PM   #242
AltonKelsey
Veteran

This might be the best money making thread on Pace, yet not 1 in 1000 read it
Old 04-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #243
lamboguy

update for friday SFOR up 2%

update for monday SFOR up over 40%
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2017, 04:29 PM   #244
AltonKelsey
Veteran

This keeps going they will call you

TwoLamboguy
Old 04-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #245
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
This keeps going they will call you

TwoLamboguy
If you're posting just to mock, I suggest you stop.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2017, 04:51 PM   #246
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
If you're posting just to mock, I suggest you stop.

How is that a mock? Stocks killing it. If he sold he'd be making 200%.

I wish they'd mock me.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:30 PM   #247
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
How is that a mock? Stocks killing it. If he sold he'd be making 200%.

I wish they'd mock me.
Guess I've interpreted your posts in this thread incorrectly then. My apologies.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #248
lamboguy

it looks like the main roadblock for this stock is coming at .025 which is very close now. if it bust's through there with more volume then .035 is in the cards for this one.

i found this stock because i was looking up something else and it was a complete accident. i swear i haven't seen anything this good since the 90's.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:17 PM   #249
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Guess I've interpreted your posts in this thread incorrectly then. My apologies.
No problem. A stock like this can make you a lot of money or cost you 50% or more of the investment in very short order . Doesn't matter what I think of the play, the market likes the potential upside , so early buyers can get well even if the court cases don't pan out.

If you follow my posts on it, I was increasingly bullish , if only from a technical standpoint. Maybe the humor is hard to follow

You see these movers all the time in penny land.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #250
lamboguy

SFOR only up 11% today.

this is about a 4 bagger so far since my original post on February 15, 2017
Old 04-04-2017, 05:58 PM   #251
lamboguy

just in case anyone here bought into this story, we have only just begun. this thing got some legs to it.

this is absolutely a real company with a real product that is desperately needed now.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:12 PM   #252
lamboguy

SFOR down less than 1% today with very light volume for the day. time will tell on this.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:44 AM   #253
reckless
Veteran

The GOP, led by village idiots Paul Ryan, Kevin McCarthy and Reince Priebus, are doing their very best to put the kabosh on Donald Trump, the US economy and stock market rally.

So, I made some sales of long-held stock positions that had a very nice runup of late, strictly to rise some cash for the expected correction. Little did I know they'd be a reversal today (Wed.), which I find very telling, imo.

Last edited by reckless; 04-06-2017 at 12:49 AM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 04:21 AM   #254
lamboguy

the toughest part of gambling in the stock market is when to buy and when to sell. for me i try to make my choices consistent when selling. i look for different relationships in volumes of equity's and markets. when i see volume come in at the highs and the stock goes down i sell and ask questions later. i call that "volume off the top".

this method has worked for me in most cases except in 2011 with the gold market. i was watching the gold mining stocks come down with volume off the top but didn't see it in the gold futures market. i had never paid attention to the gold etf's which did have volume back then. gold went south from $1900 down to $1050 5 years later. at $1050 i saw plenty of volume but the price no longer went down. this was the signal to me that gold was done going down. 15 months later gold still hasn't confirmed an uptrend. still needs more work to do.

in today's s+p i have not been able to come up with a sell signal, but i have seen some bad signs which tell me we are close to a big hit. i would say sometime within a year. i didn't like seeing the market with 12 consecutive all time highs in a row. that is one bad signal to me.

the penny stock that i have been playing SFOR has been having some terrible volume characteristics to me yet i remain in it until i see volume off the top. the stock to me is what i call a story stock, everything looks good so far but the complete story is still not out of the bag yet either way. even 2 days ago when the stock traded 60 million shares, it was still light volume and didn't prove real conviction in the equity. in the back of my head i know that 99 9/10% of these types of equities are pump and dump's. there have been some very few that were not. hopefully this is one of the very few.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:15 AM   #255
lamboguy

i got my education in the markets 40 years ago. i had a stockbroker that had a double profession. he was also a bookmaker. at time the guy worked for a brokerage firm called Shearson Hayden Stone. i used to go to the guys office to settle up my horse bets every day. .

in his office they had a division for commodity and futures trading. there were about 20 guys that came to the office to bet on futures every day. they all had the same thing in common, they were all losing their shirts. right about that time frame was when i first got aquainted to the gold market and boy did it catch my fancy. so i studied it and made a few gold trades myself. i went broke like everyone else. now i found myself out of money and there weren't any bookmakers around that were going to take my horse action.

i wound up putting a small bankroll together and went to Nevada to bet on horses. while i was out there i used to bet my horses and sports and then go to the library to look up old news
papers that were on microfiche and read books about markets and made my own system. i came up with volume analysis back then.

i lasted in the dessert for 3 years before i got myself in and out of trouble there. getting into trouble in Vegas is the easiest thing in the world to do, getting out of it is the very tricky part.

so i came back home broke again, and luckily my mother still had my old empty bedroom with the furniture still there. i went to work and put a bankroll together, this time instead of betting horses which i won at, i would take my best shot at the markets.

i went to play the markets using all the knowledge i had obtained from all the books i read and my own systems. i kind of held my own but in the end i went broke at it because i couldn't overcome the commission's i had to pay and the money that the brokerage firm nickled and dimed me out of. full service brokers charged something like $300 to trade 1000 shares of a stock on the way in, and another $300 on the way out. sometimes i would only be in a stock for an hour, sometimes a week and sometimes a month. no matter what i did i was always the victim of the sharp guys on the other side of the trade from me.

this is how i learned the markets and how to deal with life in general. my best deductions are that no matter what you do in life, you have to be able to make your own decisions without listening to the masses of people and so called expert's. and let me tell you the most important thing, conventional thinking is usually wrong. in order to be successful and stay healthy you need to make your own good choices. in my life there has been more downs than ups, but when things go right you have to savor and appreciate those days.