Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-04-2017, 07:07 AM   #76
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Across the board? I guess we as middle class are off the board. Not unlike Trumpsters that read his pps and still bet him. If you think companies will bring jobs back and not pass this on to reward upper management then you completely slept through the Bank Bailouts. This time will be different though because a guy who is a pathalogical liar knew what you wanted to hear and said it. I think not. The sooner Pence takes over the better.
Vice President Pence will serve 8 years in that capacity, if that message is all democrats have the party is dead as a door nail. As dead as a door nail as single payer is, you guys lost so enjoy your complaining. You guys have nothing else to talk about, more Russia the better but look for our AG to turn up the heat on democrats so we can talk about more Russia.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2017, 07:35 AM   #77
jms62
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Vice President Pence will serve 8 years in that capacity, if that message is all democrats have the party is dead as a door nail. As dead as a door nail as single payer is, you guys lost so enjoy your complaining. You guys have nothing else to talk about, more Russia the better but look for our AG to turn up the heat on democrats so we can talk about more Russia.
"YOu guys"? I am a Republican but not a mindless Trump**** . I see this fraud for what he is. But I guess it is easier to blindly choose one side and blame the other for all lifes problems. You sir are the problem in a nutshell. Party Over Country. And if you think for 1 second that the Democrates are dead going forward then you have been asleep for the last 8 years. Same thing was said about the Republicans 8 years ago. And this is what we show for it a pathalogical liar that hasnt a clue as to the first thing about the job. That disussion with president of Mexico was classic.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2017, 09:26 PM   #78
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
"YOu guys"? I am a Republican but not a mindless Trump**** . I see this fraud for what he is. But I guess it is easier to blindly choose one side and blame the other for all lifes problems. You sir are the problem in a nutshell. Party Over Country. And if you think for 1 second that the Democrates are dead going forward then you have been asleep for the last 8 years. Same thing was said about the Republicans 8 years ago. And this is what we show for it a pathalogical liar that hasnt a clue as to the first thing about the job. That disussion with president of Mexico was classic.
This continuous back and forth is cool because I think this country's best years are in front of us, if you want to work that is. The difference of opinion can be measured in what occurs inside the supreme court, to that Hillary Clinton losing was the best thing that happened in the last fifty years. I fully expect Michael Richard Pence our Vice President to serve two terms and there is a 50 50 chance he will want to go home after that. The task in front of our President is to get those who get health care from employers 170 million to 200 million and scrap the ACA, and is what this thread is all about. The law at best helps 10 for every so many hundred it hurts. Few will focus on those negatively impacts at the same time being a money pit that our government can not afford.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2017, 12:36 AM   #79
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The ACA was never about health care and it was never designed to help any citizens. And the idiots in the GOP spend 8 years whining about it and never once came up with anything better.

Having repubs control both houses is like having a Ferrari and no gas.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:55 PM   #80
Clocker

Orrin Hatch, GOP Chair of the Senate Finance Committee, says ObamaCare reform is dead for this year. He says that there are too many priorities that are more pressing and must get done ASAP. Among those are a need to increase the debt limit before the end of September and the need to pass a budget. (These issues are so pressing that the Senate cut its 5 week summer vacation back to 4 weeks. )

Hatch says the focus after that will be on tax reform. GOP leaders want tax reform passed this year so they can use it as a major selling point in the 2018 elections.

Quote:
“We’re not going back to health care. We’re in tax now. As far as I’m concerned, they shot their wad on health care and that’s the way it is. I’m sick of it,” Senate Finance Chairman Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) said Wednesday, a day before he outlined his committee’s agenda for the fall.

A senior Senate aide added that it would be a mistake for Republicans to return to an issue that has largely ground policymaking to a halt during a year in which the GOP has had full control of Congress and the White House for the first time in a decade.

“Further action on health care would only draw more attention to an issue that's dividing Republicans and take focus away from the important topic — taxes — that has the ability to unite but will need members’ full attention,” the aide said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/07/trump-obamacare-congress-tax-reform-241340
Old 08-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #81
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Orrin Hatch, GOP Chair of the Senate Finance Committee, says ObamaCare reform is dead for this year. He says that there are too many priorities that are more pressing and must get done ASAP. Among those are a need to increase the debt limit before the end of September and the need to pass a budget. (These issues are so pressing that the Senate cut its 5 week summer vacation back to 4 weeks. )

Hatch says the focus after that will be on tax reform. GOP leaders want tax reform passed this year so they can use it as a major selling point in the 2018 elections.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/07/trump-obamacare-congress-tax-reform-241340
last thing we need to do is increase the debt limit. why is it they can always manage to do that but they can't get a budget out. More swamp draining to do
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #82
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
last thing we need to do is increase the debt limit. why is it they can always manage to do that but they can't get a budget out. More swamp draining to do
The reason is that the GOP claim to be the party of small government is a sham and a lie. They are not opposed to a federal government that grows ever larger, they just claim the moral high ground because they don't want it to grow as fast as the Dems do. When the Dems propose a budget increase of 10%, the GOP is willing to compromise on an increase of 5%, and then they have the balls to call that a budget cut.

From Reason Magazine:

Quote:
Despite a mountain of historical evidence that the Republican Party doesn't seriously stand for smaller government and individual liberty, I maintained some hope that this time would be different. With the GOP's retaking control of Congress and the White House, I actually thought Obamacare could be repealed and maybe even replaced with free market health care reforms. But though the night is still young in terms of the GOP's latest return to power, Republicans have quickly demonstrated that I should have trusted my usual pessimism, because it's clear that they're not guided by any principled support for limited government.

Though a few congressional Republicans sincerely believe in markets and freedom, the party is largely dominated by pretenders and outright statists. One need only look back to when Republicans last controlled Washington. Republicans and the George W. Bush administration massively increased spending and the federal debt.

http://reason.com/archives/2017/08/03/oops-republicans-did-it-again
Old 09-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #83
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Orrin Hatch, GOP Chair of the Senate Finance Committee, says ObamaCare reform is dead for this year.
Or not.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/19/politi...ack/index.html
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #84
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
I personally believe that the stupid Republicans will try to pass some phony 'repeal and replace' bill -- and then do a victory dance despite the smoke and mirrors any GOP bill contains.

They will also run in 2018 on the now exposed campaign lie of only the 'GOP could gurantee Obama Care is forever dead, root and branch.'

No one will buy this b-shit from the GOP in 2018, or ever gain, especially conservative Trump supporters.

The GOP is dead. They just don't know it.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 01:09 PM   #85
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
I personally believe that the stupid Republicans will try to pass some phony 'repeal and replace' bill -- and then do a victory dance despite the smoke and mirrors any GOP bill contains.
And if they do pass a bill, do you doubt that Trump will sign it and declare victory?
Old 09-19-2017, 04:23 PM   #86
chadk66

anything short of a full repeal probably has no chance. I think there are enough republicans that are willing to hold their ground.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 08:45 PM   #87
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I though all republicans held was their asses.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:58 PM   #88
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2017, 05:06 PM   #89
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Republicans lying? Acting like Democrats and little Jimmy whines

Old 09-20-2017, 05:12 PM   #90
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Republicans lying? Acting like Democrats and little Jimmy whines

Hey, Jimmy Kimmel is always my go-to guy when I want the real dope about political issues.