Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-04-2017, 09:50 PM   #16
Afleet

What happened to One Liner?
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2017, 10:18 PM   #17
GMB@BP

Pletcher was an impressive 2/33 in graded stakes.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2017, 10:32 PM   #18
CincyHorseplayer

What a scrap!I don't think anybody here underestimated Uncle Todd though!

And how about 3 guys on the win leaderboard with less than 40 starters and big win %. Jason Servis(11 for 35-31%), Danny Gargan(10 for 38-26%) and Charlton Baker(9 for 32-28%). I was looking at this this morning. I knew the first 2. Gargan has been a go to for me personally at this meet. Was totally unaware of Baker. Great work.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2017, 08:26 AM   #19
sour grapes
Veteran

add in george weaver who always has a great saratoga meet the past 6-7 years.
sour grapes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #20
Cholly

Notice NYRA stalwarts Christophe Clement and Shug McGaughey each posting only 4 wins and 10% win-percentages. Maybe with their clients they don't feel pressured to show up big at Saratoga? Maybe look for them to have big meets at Belmont?
Cholly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1 View Post
At least he doesn't make stupid speed figures, he actually does something useful in racing.
Oh my!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2017, 05:19 PM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
At least he doesn't make stupid speed figures, he actually does something useful in racing.
Like what?
Seems to me trainers like him are the PROBLEM with racing.
We could do fine if Todd left the game game today.
In fact, racing would be better for it.
Even better if he took Chad with him.

And, I can dream right?
Take the Ortiz brothers with them.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #23
burnsy
self medicated

Here's the problem with horse players.........Don't blame the player, blame the game.

Todd Pletcher and Chad Brown are great trainers, they are allowed to operate the way they do.........they are allowed to have umpteen clients and a million horses. There are no rules, no regulations against what they do.

Every other major league, popular sport bends over backwards to please their fans, unless its a safety issue.

Do you guys see the bigger picture?.......it goes way, way beyond Todd and Chad and is an inherent problem with this game.

Many times we are just "complainers" and being a loyal customer does not count. You may pay 8 to 10 bucks for a beer at a football game but the coach and owner are not in charge of half of the competition. Chew that over...,.

I heard Bill Belichick was available to coach the Patriots, Broncos, Steelers and Ravens.....Hell, a couple of them are in the same division.......we will have to change the schedules........

The current standards of horse racing , are great for horse racing in 2017? Really? The players are just playing the game.

There are less horses now, not more. But they get more than ever........Gee, no conflict of interest there? Give me an F'n break!

Last edited by burnsy; 09-14-2017 at 06:07 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2017, 06:45 AM   #24
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
What a scrap!I don't think anybody here underestimated Uncle Todd though!

And how about 3 guys on the win leaderboard with less than 40 starters and big win %. Jason Servis(11 for 35-31%), Danny Gargan(10 for 38-26%) and Charlton Baker(9 for 32-28%). I was looking at this this morning. I knew the first 2. Gargan has been a go to for me personally at this meet. Was totally unaware of Baker. Great work.
Baker is one of the most underrated horsemen in NY. Does very well with what he has. Very easy to root for.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 12:46 PM   #25
TheOracle

Quote:
At the beginning of the meet few would give Pletcher a chance to win trainer title at Saratoga. But he did it despite the meet being biased to favor Chad Brown.

Unbelievable!
Pletcher may have won the title but for the true Trainer champ, the people's champ, I would have to give the nod to D G Donk based on a minumum of 50 starts or better at Saratoga!!!

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...45#post2216845

If you played all of Pletcher's horses across the board it would have cost you $990 and you would have lost 15% of your investment

One of the best times to play Pletcher at Saratoga was when he entered horses on the Dirt with Morning Lines less than 3-1 especially during the months of August and September

You got a 26% return on your money, although his horses went 1 for 7 to close out the season, you ended up making a profit in this situation for the months of August and September!!!

Playing Brown's horses across the board at Saratoga didn't fare any better as it would have cost you $948 and you would have lost 19% on your money

Compare both to D G Donk's overall record at Saratoga

You got a 46% return per $2 win place and show wager if you wagered on all of Donk's horses across the board this season at Saratoga!!!

What is truly impressive is that show wagering got you the best return at 67.1% per $2 show wager for the entire season!!!

His horses gave you the most bang for your buck across the board!!!

Last edited by TheOracle; 09-19-2017 at 12:48 PM.
TheOracle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #26
GMB@BP

Great stuff Oracle.

Donk has always been super to play, especially if you know when you can eliminate a few of those horses, ROI really goes up.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: