Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 03-28-2024, 01:15 PM   #16
CheckMark

My 2 cents:

I've been using BETMIX to help assist me in making my selections. I use a combination of angles using MixMaker, Create/Test My Report and BirdDog. Every feature on the site is very helpful.

I always seemed to struggle using just the pp's (either DRF or BRIS) on their own so about a year and a bit ago, I purchased a subscription to BETMIX and it has changed the way I handicap for the better.

The way that it can make you multiple angles and then use those angles towards your handicapping is fantastic. I've had several great hits in the past year from either the tracks I cover (Oaklawn and Saratoga) or other tracks/events I have played throughout the year.

The only thing I wish that BETMIX would add is a feature to take the picks that you have made, and then suggesting wagers on the race. I know EquineEdge does that. I think that would be a very good bonus if they could add that to their program.

Yes I still purchase pp's, but I rely on BETMIX first before I dive into the pp's.
Old 03-28-2024, 01:18 PM   #17
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Perhaps you could add a last name to comments like this.

:lol
Sorry...not you

Dave Schwartz and Dave Williams completely opposite spectrum

Last edited by Saratoga; 03-28-2024 at 01:20 PM.
Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2024, 10:10 PM   #18
nat1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga View Post
Sorry...not you

Dave Schwartz and Dave Williams completely opposite spectrum
I thought you were referring to Dave Schwartz at first and I was confused! Dave Schwartz is a great guy! Very knowledgeable.
nat1223 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2024, 08:45 AM   #19
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1223 View Post
I thought you were referring to Dave Schwartz at first and I was confused! Dave Schwartz is a great guy! Very knowledgeable.
Like I said , I was sorry about not adding last names....

Dave Williams runs BetMix......Dave Schwartz runs HSH

Some more observations...

BetMix and EquineEdge are both on-line programs...

But in way of promoting them , EquineEdge is way past BetMix in that department..

EE has LIVE YouTube videos almost every week where they go thru the days races

BM has 7+ year old videos with I believe one within last 3 years...

EE has a Facebook page ....BM is in obscurity with dealing with the public

EE answers many question with emails or on their live videos....

BM is a guessing game if they answer...

Its a shame because I believe BM can be so much more than what it is or handled.

Maybe "Ubercapper" can address this to Equibase and find out why BetMix is not up to par

with its promoting....

Last edited by Saratoga; 04-04-2024 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-05-2024, 09:01 AM   #20
ubercapper

Unfortunately I can't help. Betmix is not an Equibase product nor one I'm too familiar with. They are partnered (owned) by 1/st and so perhaps there is a customer service email or phone number on the 1/st (Xpressbet) site which may be useful.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2024, 01:10 PM   #21
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
Unfortunately I can't help. Betmix is not an Equibase product nor one I'm too familiar with. They are partnered (owned) by 1/st and so perhaps there is a customer service email or phone number on the 1/st (Xpressbet) site which may be useful.
thanks....
Old 04-17-2024, 09:15 PM   #22
GH1956

I have had Betmix about a month now and there is a lot of stuff here to play with and some of it looks very promising.
I think I will let the sub run for another month or two and keep working with it.

The unfortunate part is it cost me 70 a month with the currency exchange...but given you get an incredible amount of data and past performances I think it`s a good deal.

Thanks again for the help!
GH1956 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2024, 09:48 PM   #23
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1956 View Post
I have had Betmix about a month now and there is a lot of stuff here to play with and some of it looks very promising.
I think I will let the sub run for another month or two and keep working with it.

The unfortunate part is it cost me 70 a month with the currency exchange...but given you get an incredible amount of data and past performances I think it`s a good deal.

Yes.....Back data is plentiful

But

The key is how you build your angles and mixes to profits..

Did you tackle that yet?
Old 04-17-2024, 10:26 PM   #24
GH1956

getting there albeit slowly...I did a couple of mixes for Woodbine my home track which opens soon they look promising, there is just so much to go through I will keep plugging away!
Old 04-18-2024, 07:18 AM   #25
Saratoga

Quote:
getting there albeit slowly...I did a couple of mixes for Woodbine my home track which opens soon they look promising, there is just so much to go through I will keep plugging away!
It looks promising because you haven't tested it against "fresh" data yet...

If you or anyone else , wants to join forces ...I'm game!!

I don't even care if we do it on here either..
Old 04-18-2024, 11:04 AM   #26
CheckMark

Quote:

Yep I feel you there. I'm a current BETMIX user and I have the annual subscription (just renewed it a few days ago) and it was around $600-$650 after conversions. I have improved my handicapping a lot using BETMIX, and beats printing off reams of paper each time for when I go to handicap.

My favourite parts about it are BirdDog and also Create My Report. Both are very handy for sure!

If you ever need some help with the software or anything like that please let me know. Awesome that you are in Orangeville. That is about a 40-45 min drive from Fergus (where I live)!

My dad always talks about the days of Orangeville Raceway and him racing there, where there is now just a plaza of stores and no racetrack
Old 04-18-2024, 02:30 PM   #27
wiretowire68

I tried it

a few years ago. I personally did not like it. Nothing against Dave W. and the ownership. It is massive in data prep. I have tried to simplify my handicapping and obviously it comes down to handicapping horses or the race. I tend to take a two tiered approach to software especially with use of Valuecapper... Many speed figures are equal and pace figures very tight. Speed is my number 1 consideration. In all my experimenting with spreadsheet handicapping... A speed angle was first every time in terms of hitting the board.. 1/2/3 in the way I handicap. Pace and Class pretty tight in terms of next.

It really comes down to the better in terms of odds. Will be interested to see Dave's new invention, at Pacemakesthe race. The man knows the software side of it. I have considered it, designing a project and charging a cdn dollar. but the capital to have the coding done is a task. If you ever thought about something..like that contact me.
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2024, 02:43 PM   #28
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
a few years ago. I personally did not like it. Nothing against Dave W. and the ownership. It is massive in data prep. I have tried to simplify my handicapping and obviously it comes down to handicapping horses or the race. I tend to take a two tiered approach to software especially with use of Valuecapper... Many speed figures are equal and pace figures very tight. Speed is my number 1 consideration. In all my experimenting with spreadsheet handicapping... A speed angle was first every time in terms of hitting the board.. 1/2/3 in the way I handicap. Pace and Class pretty tight in terms of next.

It really comes down to the better in terms of odds. Will be interested to see Dave's new invention, at Pacemakesthe race. The man knows the software side of it. I have considered it, designing a project and charging a cdn dollar. but the capital to have the coding done is a task. If you ever thought about something..like that contact me.
Me too...but his track record on putting finished products out here isn't too good...
Old 04-18-2024, 05:46 PM   #29
GH1956

Ya I miss the old raceway it was a sad time when they closed her up....I was there quite often....