Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 06:53 PM   #46
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle View Post
How about some guys just take a long-term approach. It's a long year and a LOT of guys don't crank horses up fully in Florida.

Graham Motion is a great example. He's won 13 races this year so far. He won 103 last year. He's trending at roughly 50% of that total in 2017.

But anyone following him knows he doesn't really start winning till after Florida and he wins a lot of races in the summer turf season in the mid-atlantic.

Does anyone doubt Casse won't be leading trainer at Woodbine? And when consider he lost Conquest and he still will win it that's very impressive.
Pretty much the same point...why crank horses up to win subpar purses and empty the tank?
Old 04-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #47
rsetup
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah he is and here's a good reason. His Kentucky assistant is David Carroll. That guy can train a horse.

It's interesting. WO has been my primary track for close to 10 years. I feel I have a pretty good idea as to what Casse is about. But I bet him at all the other tracks where he runs and I use intuitions developed by following him at WO. In other words, I play GP or GPW or FG or KEE or TAM or NYRA or WO the same way when it comes to Casse. While I don't doubt that some of his assistants are better than others, it seems that the underlying methodology is consistent. And consistently good.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:40 PM   #48
SuperPickle

Won his third stake of the meeting. He's now tied for the leading trainer too.

Can the guy who started this thread just admit he was wrong at this point.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #49
SoCalCircuit

Quote:

I'll follow up after the AR Derby.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:14 PM   #50
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

Good luck getting anyone in that clique to admit they were wrong.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:13 PM   #51
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Good luck getting anyone in that clique to admit they were wrong.
Left coast cries the most.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:19 PM   #52
rsetup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCircuit View Post
I'll keep cashing till your next update.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:39 PM   #53
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:

Why call him out now when you could have done it on March 20? If he was wrong then, why wait a month to call it out?
Old 04-13-2017, 11:03 PM   #54
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89 View Post
Why call him out now when you could have done it on March 20? If he was wrong then, why wait a month to call it out?
Ummmm I pretty much I have if you go back and read my posts. Today was far from the first time I've pointed this. I've disagreed with the original post since day one.

Feel free to read the post where I pointed Graham's 13 winners through the first 100 days of the year. Maybe Graham has forgotten how to train horses too. Maybe it's an epidemic.

Btw... the thing no one has pointed out is it's not like Casse has a reputation for winning a ton of races at Gulfstream in the past. The original post was pretty weak at best.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:10 PM   #55
SoCalCircuit

Quote:
Ummmm I pretty much I have if you go back and read my posts. Today was far from the first time I've pointed this. I've disagreed with the original post since day one.

Feel free to read the post where I pointed Graham's 13 winners through the first 100 days of the year. Maybe Graham has forgotten how to train horses too. Maybe it's an epidemic.

Btw... the thing no one has pointed out is it's not like Casse has a reputation for winning a ton of races at Gulfstream in the past. The original post was pretty weak at best.
To the contrary, the original post highlights (among other things) how he seems to have mismanaged and caused a significant regression in what appeared to be his four premier horses: La Coronel, Valadorna, Tepin, Classic Empire. And you're timely post is accurate that he's managed to bring ONE of those back into form. And if he does the same with Classic Empire I'll stand corrected. Read the thread again....someone else pointed out his GP record.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:13 PM   #56
SuperPickle

Quote:
I love this. The guy lost his biggest owner in November. His best horse just turned six and it's not unreasonable to think time may be catching up with her. Yet he shows up at Keeneland and wins three stakes in the first WEEK one long on the turf, one sprinting on the dirt, and one sprinting on the turf. Like that's not impressive versatility. Oh the horse he won the Commonwealth with was second time in his barn. I guess Ed Plesea sucks too.

But you're going to reserve judgement till he races one of the 150 horses he trains. Not to mention the horse looks like a very tough horse to train.

But you're going to wait because you want to conclude he's a bad trainer because he couldn't get a two-year old champ to the Derby even though the Hall of Fame is essentially filled with guys who also couldn't do it (Baffert, Pletcher, Lukas.)

Ok I'll be here waiting till Saturday night.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:35 PM   #57
Mr. Pick 5
Veteran

Quote:
I love this. The guy lost his biggest owner in November. His best horse just turned six and it's not unreasonable to think time may be catching up with her. Yet he shows up at Keeneland and wins three stakes in the first WEEK one long on the turf, one sprinting on the dirt, and one sprinting on the turf. Like that's not impressive versatility. Oh the horse he won the Commonwealth with was second time in his barn. I guess Ed Plesea sucks too.

But you're going to reserve judgement till he races one of the 150 horses he trains. Not to mention the horse looks like a very tough horse to train.

But you're going to wait because you want to conclude he's a bad trainer because he couldn't get a two-year old champ to the Derby even though the Hall of Fame is essentially filled with guys who also couldn't do it (Baffert, Pletcher, Lukas.)

Ok I'll be here waiting till Saturday night.
Just curious, why did he lose his biggest owner?....who was in charge of purchasing all those expensive horses for that biggest owner?....how many of those overpriced horses did and didnt pan out? And who trained all those expensive horses?

Since you dont seem super sharp ill spell out the point for you....if i didnt know any better, it would seem as if Casse single handedly put his biggest owner out of business.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:50 PM   #58
SoCalCircuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pick 5 View Post
Just curious, why did he lose his biggest owner?....who was in charge of purchasing all those expensive horses for that biggest owner?....how many of those overpriced horses did and didnt pan out? And who trained all those expensive horses?

Since you dont seem super sharp ill spell out the point for you....if i didnt know any better, it would seem as if Casse single handedly put his biggest owner out of business.
I wasn't even going to bring up how these poor purchases led to Semersky incurring massive losses and eventual dispersal.

Conquest See Ya? Really? Purchase a 2500 stud fee for 600k and disperse for 70k after barley cracking 100k in earnings. Not a sustainable business model.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:57 PM   #59
Racetrack Playa
regular user

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/08/21...s-one-busy-guy
Aug 21st 2016
at Woodbine Racetrack on Saturday. {“I’ll tell you what,” said Semersky, after his filly Conquest Fleetfeet won the third race at Woodbine. “It’s not the trainer, it’s not a lack of success, it’s certainly not lack of money. It’s just I don’t stay in things a long time."
When pressed on whether he’ll return to the game at some point, Semersky laughed.
“I don’t know what I’m going to do in the next 10 minutes,” he said. “That’s the advantage of having an airplane, I can decide to go to Switzerland tonight. But, honestly, this has been one of our best experiences ever and the people here have been the warmest and the kindest and we’re in love with Canada. We’re going to miss them, all of us.”
Old 04-13-2017, 11:57 PM   #60
Mr. Pick 5
Veteran

Quote:
I wasn't even going to bring up how these poor purchases led to Semersky incurring massive losses and eventual dispersal.

Conquest See Ya? Really? Purchase a 2500 stud fee for 600k and disperse for 70k after barley cracking 100k in earnings. Not a sustainable business model.
Now the real question is, Does Casse have a fourth brother thats a bankruptcy attorney?
Closed Thread