Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-12-2019, 09:22 PM   #1
AJanks

John W. Bourke

I’m 19 years old and me and my cousin from Florida made the 1:30 trip up to Presque Isle Downs tonight from Buffalo, New York. Went to watch the card & last race figured I would ask if I could get in the winner’s circle picture. The lady I asked was super nice & let us in and her husband/friend/acquaintance (who I presume to be the horse’s trainer and owner, John W. Bourke), paid for our winner’s circle photo. I am really thankful for the experience & appreciate him paying for the photo. I obviously don’t have his contact info & have been unable to find him online via social media, so I am hoping somebody can pass this post along to him. Thank you so much, class act.
AJanks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2019, 09:49 PM   #2
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJanks View Post
I’m 19 years old and me and my cousin from Florida made the 1:30 trip up to Presque Isle Downs tonight from Buffalo, New York. Went to watch the card & last race figured I would ask if I could get in the winner’s circle picture. The lady I asked was super nice & let us in and her husband/friend/acquaintance (who I presume to be the horse’s trainer and owner, John W. Bourke), paid for our winner’s circle photo. I am really thankful for the experience & appreciate him paying for the photo. I obviously don’t have his contact info & have been unable to find him online via social media, so I am hoping somebody can pass this post along to him. Thank you so much, class act.
Only person I know that is involved with that track is Doug Salvatore, just not sure how much he comes around here anymore.

Great story.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2019, 10:12 PM   #3
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Here's the chart and owner/trainer info of your pictured race:

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...081219USA8.pdf
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2019, 11:59 PM   #4
mbenton

I spent a summer working for the PID HBPA a while back. John and his wife Kim Walker Bourke are two of the nicest, most genuine people I have ever met. John is old school Australian horseman who does EVERYTHING including farrier work for his horses. Most of the horses in his barn are working class horses owned in partnership with working class owners. Not surprised that you can't find John on social media but you can find Kim on facebook. She'll post win photos and updates if you want to thank them for the gesture and continue to follow their stable.
mbenton is offline   Reply With Quote Reply