Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-23-2019, 03:36 PM   #226
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Where was the intelligence community whn Ukraine meddled to help Hillary? Did the Little 0 spy on her, too?
She wasn't a member of the opposition party, so why would he? Do you think he applies the law and the resources that were at his disposal equally?
Old 04-23-2019, 03:38 PM   #227
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

He used the Ely smell test and found no reason to believe THAT story!
Old 04-23-2019, 03:41 PM   #228
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
But...

Bill. Was. Impeached.

Does anybody really consider it an impeachment unless they are removed from office?

Great. The House got a hickey on him that wasn't even as big as the hickey's Monica left behind.

I'm sure Dems will be real happy if the House "impeaches" Trump while the Senate laughs away and he finishes his term and then gets re-elected.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2019, 03:53 PM   #229
MargieRose

Quote:
But...

Bill. Was. Impeached.

Quick change the subject to 00oO0Zero0bama!!!
I took LDH's comment to mean impeached to the point of actually being removed from office. Everyone knows that Clinton went through the process of impeachment.

And yes, as you now know, correct wording (via definition) is important, but being able to understand the full circle of a posters intended abstract point is equally as important.

BTW, I'm still waiting for you to produce the "argument" we had about Russian involvement in the election. I'm curious to know what we argued about...I don't recall such an argument.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2019, 04:06 PM   #230
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Oh God...you are so cool...can I be like you?
Try being intellectually honest and consistent.

I cut you off because either you support our intelligence apparatus investigating Russian interference or you ****ing don't.

Your position is declaring you support them EXCEPT if they look into the guy set to benefit most from it and his contacts with them.

No siree Bob! You don't support that! That's a WITCH HUNT, INSURANCE POLICY, because SHE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO LOSE! We all should be OUTRAGED...

Well... it... kinda... wasn't.

It is what it is. Trump didn't commit conspiracy but he's pretty much a lying piece of shit who may face charges in the House.

(You and most here defended those lies)
Old 04-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #231
elysiantraveller

Quote:
PS. If what happened to Trump happened to Obama under the same exact scenario and circumstances, you, ely, would be telling us all what an absolute disgrace the Republicans have been, how anti-American, how anarchic, the word coup would be flying all over the place...that's how you would be. And how you should be with Trump.

But you can't. So you won't.

But hey, posting cool memes and images and using FULL STOP and TIL every few posts covers up a lot of sin.
Yeah... I was a huge Obama supporter round these parts.

Shame we can't just do a quick sear- oh wait!
Quote:
But liberals need to understand that it was a military junta and guess what... it still is...

This Administration completely failed to engage and get involved in the new transition. Obama simply called for the ouster and then sat on his hands, something he is very good at doing.

Another example of failed leadership but this time in a country that occupies a hugely strategic position on the globe... ... great leadership...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
1) Trade bill passed thanks to Reps

2) ACA - held up thanks to a GWB and Reagan appointee

3) Gay marriage - swing vote was Kennedy (not an Obama appointee)

What any of this has to do with Obama's leadership (as implied) is beyond me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller to above View Post
No kidding! However I suspect a football spiking... Oh wait he already did it...
Quote:
The MAJORITY of American's say that we worse off now than four years ago...

I agree as do most American's with some of what you wrote but I also agree with the American people that Obama hasn't made it better he's made it worse.
Now if you want to talk about just an investigation into Obama and accusing me of acting different that's hyperbole and I can level the same against you. Would it be a WITCH HUNT?

It's that whole intellectually honest/consistent thing again...

PS) You're the king of changing the subject.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 04-23-2019 at 04:22 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2019, 04:20 PM   #232
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Does anybody really consider it an impeachment unless they are removed from office?
Umm... yes...

Civics fail.

Also I have no idea what the Democrats would do. I would assume if they gain any investigative leverage they will ultimately begin impeachment... especially since Trump is continuing to fight investigations on all fronts... ignoring existing law.

If they can accomplish their investigative goals without impeachment they may not.

However, it almost seems like they are laying a trap for Trump at this point intentionally backing off from it. Polls will probably decide what they will do in the next week or two which I personally disagree with.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 04-23-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:21 PM   #233
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
I took LDH's comment to mean impeached to the point of actually being removed from office. Everyone knows that Clinton went through the process of impeachment.

And yes, as you now know, correct wording (via definition) is important, but being able to understand the full circle of a posters intended abstract point is equally as important.

BTW, I'm still waiting for you to produce the "argument" we had about Russian involvement in the election. I'm curious to know what we argued about...I don't recall such an argument.
Funny I get no slack in scenarios of "on behalf" vs. "in behalf" with you but actual terms that have real finite meanings LDH gets the benefit of the doubt.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:24 PM   #234
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Yeah... I was a huge Obama supporter round these parts.
You wouldn't have to be. That was never part of the equation.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:27 PM   #235
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You wouldn't have to be. That was never part of the equation.
So it was about the investigation then... you assume that had Obama received essentially overt help from the Russian Government I'd have been attacking Republicans for a WITCH HUNT? In fairness it was only overt if you followed the "fake news" whatever that means post report.

Laughable... and... well that's no different than me saying you'd be frothing at the mouth if it was Obama...

Only difference is I'm not nearly as partisan as you and posted messages on here to prove it.

Remember a couple of years ago when I said Russia was "all in" on Trump and you argued with me about that too? Fun times.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 04-23-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:22 PM   #236
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Umm... yes...

Civics fail.

Also I have no idea what the Democrats would do. I would assume if they gain any investigative leverage they will ultimately begin impeachment... especially since Trump is continuing to fight investigations on all fronts... ignoring existing law.

If they can accomplish their investigative goals without impeachment they may not.

However, it almost seems like they are laying a trap for Trump at this point intentionally backing off from it. Polls will probably decide what they will do in the next week or two which I personally disagree with.
Go out on the street and ask 100 people if they think Bill Clinton was impeached. I'd venture to guess 90 (if not more) would say he was not impeached.

I think the Dems in the House are going to move full forward with the impeachment process. Nadler is full on with it, as is Cummings and while neither is the Majority Whip, they are the real leaders in the Dem House at this point in time. It also has the full support of every 2020 Dem candidate as well as any of the boisterous voices on the Dem side of the House. I'll be floored if they don't start the process.

It would be nice if they actually started doing the jobs people elected them for, their whole #resist, #persist, and anything anti-Trump demeanor is too hard for the rabid slobbering dogs to pass up.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2019, 05:49 PM   #237
hcap

Quote:
Wasn't the B J we objected too, it was LYING UNDER OATH.
Not to the press, UNDER OATH.
Chumpy and Chumpy Jr refused to be interviewed. Chumpy's lawyers knew if he did testify, their pathologically lying boss would be convicted of much worse than a BJ. Not only that but right now without any more evidence, and their will be lots more, the indisputable fact that he is an unindicted co conspirator for election fraud is 100 x's worse than Bill.

Btw, there will be more evidence, lots lots more.

Last edited by hcap; 04-23-2019 at 05:50 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2019, 06:32 PM   #238
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Btw, there will be more evidence, lots lots more.
It's only a matter of time!
Old 04-23-2019, 07:12 PM   #239
hcap

Quote:
It's only a matter of time!
So true. Not a ridiculous nothing burger like your dud Benghazi.

The trash is in the process of being taken out.

Last edited by hcap; 04-23-2019 at 07:23 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2019, 07:22 PM   #240
JustRalph
Just another Facist

How in hell does anybody think impeachment is a good idea?

He only has to keep 34 Senators in a trial. Then the Dems look stupid and the Trumpster’s will unleash hell