Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 03-23-2019, 08:22 AM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Saturday, March 23

Race One:

1 Blue Pigeon is a turf horse who might, especially if the track remains wet, might just "mop up" an exotic.

Borsa Vento moves up on a wet track. This gelding finished 2nd at this level last time he was entered this low.

Domain is coming back on short rest. As they say when doing "the limbo": "How low can you go?" This 4-year old has been in a "free-fall". It's now or never.

4 Kenyan is dropping down. But, is that going to help his chances. I tend to doubt it. Unless there's a complete reversal of form.

Rogue Nation won his last against much better. Why the precipitous drop? He's going off as the prohibitive favorite. Personally, I'd back him up if you're buying gimmicks.

Orpheus contends well at this level. Rider switch to Manny Franco is most significant. If there's a contender for the top pick, this gelding will likely be the one. He moves up on wet track.

Race Two:

Claire's Kitty is a "player," but does she want to go longer? A must use, but no lead-pipe cinch. Manny Franco.

2 Midnight Crossing is stretching out to a route. Is that her game. I suppose a minor award is possible.

Midnight Sky was 2nd in this company last time. She appears to fit well. A board-hitter.

4 Third Card Down might just "mop" up a super. She has not taken to wet tracks. I have concerns she can be in the top few despite the drop.

Dazzling Speed won her last easily on a sloppy track against better. I don't believe the extra panel is a problem. Eric Cancel for George Weaver.

Diamond Jen Brady should benefit from her outside post. Sharp morning work bodes well. I consider her "a sleeper" who could surprise.

Race Three:

Judge Stanton might just earn a minor award. I'm concerned that the rail may not be the place to be. Jose Lezcano improves this colt's chances. Tony Dutrow does well with first-time blinkers.

Invest should benefit from any wetness. She was 2nd against similar. Odds on favorite in that one. Manny Franco for Linda Rice. She'll likely go "chalk" again.

3 Golcanda's been away for a while. He did finish 2nd in this company in a route last time. A minor award?

Givetheman a Cigar is a consistent sort. Yet, is today's extra panel "A Bridge Too Far?" I can see this colt hitting the board, but I have my doubts when it comes to the winner's circle.

Bad Guy moves up on a wet track. He finished 3rd in this company last time. Eric Cancel. Trainer Alejandro Maymo does well with 3rd race off a layoff.

6 Lorcan stumbled badly coming out of the gate last time in this company. This Mineshaft-bred must avoid gate issues if he is to grace the tote-board.

7 Turbulence hasn't been out since last June at Belmont. Is he a turf horse?
The long layoff concerns me, especially where the trainer's figures are modest in that category.

8 Scrutinize has shown little to recommend.

Race Four:

1 Evan is a first-time starter. Low sire percentage in that category. I'll watch.

2 Hurricane Andrew shows little that catches my attention. Yet, this first-time starter's dam did produce 6 winners and 1 stakes winner from 9 starters. Decent wet-track pedigree.

Mysterioustraveler is another first-time starter. I don't see many redeeming factors except that the dam produced 5 winners from 7 starters. The first-time starter sire rating is acceptable. Possibly a minor award.

4 Lettercarrierhenry is dropping. He's handled a wet track in the past. He's been away for nearly 3 months. I have concerns. Maybe a "mop up" role.

5 Tizanoxbow is another first-timer whose dam produced 3 winners from 3 starters. I find little to recommend.

6 Big Wonder is a first-timer who show little in his pedigree that indicates he'll be a factor at first-asking, save for the fact that his dam produced 4 winners from 5 starters.

Taptaptap was 2nd in this company last time. Rajiv Maragh. Yet poor trainer stats concern me. In this non-descript field, this gelding's a player.

Magnasite does have wet-track pedigree. This first-timer did have a "bullet" work. I believe this colt can be a factor. David Donk trains; Eric Cancel in the irons.

Greg King Cool was last seen being walked off at "The Spa" last summer. Yet, he now drops in "for a tag". Trainer Mike Miceli has conditioned two longshot winners in the last week. He must be respected. A solid recent 4-panels work is a further endorsement.

10 Giant Sandy has had gate issues. I find little to recommend.

Race Five:

Zap Zap Zap is dropping down. That in itself may offer hope. I'm not thinking so much in terms of "picture-taking," but more in the order of a lesser award. A wet track helps.

Peter's Project is another "dropper" who will benefit from any moisture on the racetrack.

3 Ultimateenticement has shown little in recent tries.

4 Big Thicket has not hit the tote since last June at Finger Lakes. A minor award is possible. Trainer Jeffrey Englehart does well with horses entered first after a claim.

Avast Matey is another "class-dropper". At his best, this gelding can be a factor. I believe the switch to Dylan Davis improves his chances. He certainly looks like a board-hitter.

6 Quai Voltaire has shown very little in recent races.

Too Fast To Pass drops and picks up the services of jockey Eric Cancel. I believe this gelding's outside post helps his chances. Is there "picture-taking"in his future?

Race Six:

1 High Command had a solid recent work. His dam had 2 winners from 2 starters. Other than that...

2 Central Time has had some decent works and a trainer who does well with a limited sampling with debut maiden claimers.

3 Six Brothers offers little to recommend.

4 Mighty Wind might earn a minor award. Then again...

5 Fotis is dropping and cutting back. That might help him eke out a minor award.

6 Fortune's Boy might earn a minor award. Eric Cancel in the irons helps. Gary Gullo does reasonably well w/dirt starts.

7 Ginger and Jingle had some solid recent works. The dam had 3 winners from 5 starters. I'm watching this gelding on the track and the tote. Manny Franco.

Gongheifatchoy drops in for a tag. That in itself is significant. This colt has a solid wet-track pedigree.

Straphanger is another class-dropper. Linda Rice trains. Jose Lezcano is in the irons. My major concern is the length of time this gelding's been away from the races. Any moisture would aid and abet.

Five Night Freddie is dropping infor a tag. But is it enough? There are" decent morning works, a trainer who does very well w/2nd time Lasix, albeit with a limited sample and an improving jockey, Luis Reyes.

Mungoose is a first-time starter. In my opinion, this bay gelding is possible. His sire, Munnings, had 16% first-time starter winners. Dylan Davis for the most capable trainer, John Terranova II.

Race Seven:

1 Wushu Warrior drops out of allowance company and in for a tag. I wouldn't completely dismiss him, but I feel the best he could hope for would be a minor award.

Ark in the Dark appears to be a player in this company. This colt drops out of the allowance ranks and in for a tag. Frankly, it borders on "suspicious". Why this low? He certainly fits. Eric Cancel for Kelly Breen.

3 What a Catch would appear overmatched here. This gelding has been away "for the longest time."

4 Tale of the Mist would appear to move up on a wet track. On that basis, I'm figuring that this horse might be in line for a minor award.

5 Discreet Mission should be considered in your plays. Trainer Rudy Rodriguez has excellent numbers with 1st start off a claim.

6 Proximate to Power would appear overmatched.

High Roller ships in from Laurel. Dale Capuano is a solid trainer; he does very well with 1st time claimers. I believe this gelding is a contender here.

Thisfinalcrazydude is stepping up for trainer Charley Baker. Despite the class hike, I believe this Bluegrass Cat-bred gelding can be a factor.

Equal the Score would benefit from a wet track. Then there's the red-hot trainer, Rob Atras. You can add the riding skills of Manny Franco.

10 Swiping Dan would appear to be an also-ran. Rajiv Maragh.

Race Eight:

1 Fangirl breaks her maiden and then is entered in a non-graded stakes, the Cicada. A minor award?

Stonesintheroad won the Franklin Square non-graded stakes. This filly appears to be "a player".

Forgotten Hero is capable of earning a minor award.

4 Gracetown would benefit from a wet track. Another horse that's making the jump from a maiden-breaking win to non-graded stakes competition.

5 Workaholic would appear to be a reach.

Guacamole does step up; yet I believe this Flatter-bred gelding has a shot. Solid connections: Dylan Davis, Todd Pletcher, and the Repole Stables. A solid recent work. A player.

7 Two Dozen Roses, the other Todd Pletcher horse, should take to a wet track. I have my doubts; yet I wouldn't rule out a minor award.

Miss Imperial is cutting back one panel. That should help. So too should the services of jockey Manny Franco and trainer Jason Servis for owner Michael Dubb et al. This filly is definitely a factor.

Race Nine:

1 Princess Alana appears doubtful. She might move up some on a wet track.

2 Here Comes Helen did finish 3rd in her last in this company. Possibility of a minor award.

My First Gal appears to be "a player". She has faced better in the past. She appears competitive at this level. Dylan Davis in the irons.

4 Reyana Reya Dreams would appear overmatched.

Peggy Sue drops out of the MSW ranks and in for a tag. That alone catches my attention. Her trainer, Ed Barker, does very well in that category.
I'm giving serious consideration to this filly.

6 Ferncourt is hard to recommend.

7 Mia Bella is another distaffer who now drops in for a tag. She bears watching.

8 Big Expense is capable of earning a minor award.

9 Roses from Ben appears overmatched.

Icy Maneuvers drops into "the selling ranks". This filly appears to be a factor, but I wouldn't mortgage the house.

Ramblin Ma'am is, in my opinion, "a player". Yet, she's also a "money-burner". She gone "chalk" on three straight occasions and has failed to grace the winners circle. Another "must use". Yet, I'd "buy insurance".

12 Sweet Breeze does not appear to be a factor.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: