Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-17-2019, 01:12 PM   #241
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Your god does not represent all other versions out there . Other takes on the divine has no good versus evil. Some only the cosmic dance or interaction between creative and destructive cycles. In your view infants die because of your projected twisted anthropomorphic version of "justice".

Natural laws are neither just or unjust. Hurricanes and tornadoes are neither good nor evil. Plagues are not "godly'' retribution. Comparing your god to an executioner is folly.

Therefore the abrahamic god outside us is not omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent or omnipresent. No more than the sky is. However human love and compassion give access to understanding the "creative" forces within.+

Getting lost in the indecipherable cosmic mystery outside is a problem without first exploring the decipherable mystery inside .

In other words bunky,....

It just is
Yeah...I getcha...just like the universe: It just is! You, nor anyone else who rejects biblical monotheism, will ever come with any other answer.

So...are you pulling a Light on us by saying good and evil are non-existent. That they are just illusions?

By the way, you need discipline your fingers to slow down to give them a fighting chance to catch up to your brain. Virtually your entire post above is incoherent.

But you are right about the analogy. I should have compared God to a human judge who condemned the convicted criminal to death. I guess in your loony world, judges who order capital punishment are all murderers?

And the comparison is valid because in Natural Revelation (reality as we all know it) such judicial sentences parallel those in Divine Revelation.

You will never understand that divine revelation and natural revelation will always be in sync.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:14 PM   #242
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
No it isn't. You need to explain what the logical inference is that you expect readers to make For example, are you making a "cause and effect" statement? What? Why can't you explain your logic?
You are inviting us to meander down another rabbit hole.

BTW, I thought you did not believe in cause and effect, But there does seem to be a positive CORRELATION as indicated by the graphs I posted that as organized religion loses it's hold at least recently, as more democratic and international liberal vies replace your dogma, "biblical sinning" has dropped drastically.

Do you understand CORRELATION?
Old 04-17-2019, 01:26 PM   #243
boxcar

Quote:
You are inviting us to meander down another rabbit hole.

BTW, I thought you did not believe in cause and effect, But there does seem to be a positive CORRELATION as indicated by the graphs I posted that as organized religion loses it's hold at least recently, as more democratic and international liberal vies replace your dogma, "biblical sinning" has dropped drastically.

Do you understand CORRELATION?
I'm only inviting you to explain what you obviously think is the very close correlation between the drop in church attendance and in the homicide rate in the U.S.

And for your info, homicide isn't the only "biblical sin". Far from it!
Old 04-17-2019, 01:33 PM   #244
hcap

Quote:
I'm only inviting you to explain what you obviously think is the very close correlation between the drop in church attendance and in the homicide rate in the U.S.

Your not paying attention. There is also a graph of violent crime.
And the article does not speak only of "church attendance" but of how people define themselves.

Read it again. Self explanatory.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #245
thaskalos

Quote:

Boxcar...would you answer a semi-personal question? Were you raised in a deeply-religious household?
Old 04-17-2019, 01:40 PM   #246
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
I have had at least 100 past lives.

Allan
How do you know that?
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2019, 02:34 PM   #247
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
How do you know that?

Very good memory. sometimes it is a blessing; sometimes a curse.

i have never been anyone even close to being famous and as I said most of the time I die really young.

entirely European until the new world was discovered.

and death isnt painful. (just before however it is)

not sure how the soul reincarnation works however but it does.

I leave the philosophical questions for others who are way more smarter than I.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2019, 02:46 PM   #248
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Boxcar...would you answer a semi-personal question? Were you raised in a deeply-religious household?
Not particularly, although I did attend Catholic elementary and high schools, and naturally participated in all the religious rituals and exercises expected of good little Catholic boys (even though I was "full of the devil" ). And neither of my foster parents were "deeply religious". However because I was under the auspices of the Catholic Charities, it was required by this institution that I be placed in a Catholic home and receive a Catholic-based education.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:49 PM   #249
boxcar

Quote:
Your not paying attention. There is also a graph of violent crime.
And the article does not speak only of "church attendance" but of how people define themselves.

Read it again. Self explanatory.
If it's so it's so "self-explanatory", why are you passing up a golden opportunity to shine like the noon day sun and in the process make me look stupid, by connecting the dots for us? C'mon, Humpty, humor me...
Old 04-17-2019, 03:01 PM   #250
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Very good memory. sometimes it is a blessing; sometimes a curse.

i have never been anyone even close to being famous and as I said most of the time I die really young.

entirely European until the new world was discovered.

and death isnt painful. (just before however it is)

not sure how the soul reincarnation works however but it does.

Allan
Do you remember others who you loved in your past lives or families you were a part of?
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2019, 03:09 PM   #251
hcap

Quote:
If it's so it's so "self-explanatory", why are you passing up a golden opportunity to shine like the noon day sun and in the process make me look stupid, by connecting the dots for us? C'mon, Humpty, humor me...
Because there is no need to expand on what I wrote. You just want to drag it out endlessly as you have done so many times before.

Why not critique it intelligently. Assuming you understand correlation.

Hint: It is not necessarily proof. But it sure don't look too good for your side bunky
Old 04-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #252
Greyfox

Quote:

Allan
Hmm. I would have thought that anyone who had 100 lifetimes of experience wouldn't have too many people smarter than him or her.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2019, 04:09 PM   #253
boxcar

Quote:
Because there is no need to expand on what I wrote. You just want to drag it out endlessly as you have done so many times before.

Why not critique it intelligently. Assuming you understand correlation.

Hint: It is not necessarily proof. But it sure don't look too good for your side bunky
Just as I thought: You're not capable of explaining your own incoherent posts. In other words, there is no "correlation".
Old 04-17-2019, 04:13 PM   #254
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Hmm. I would have thought that anyone who had 100 lifetimes of experience wouldn't have too many people smarter than him or her.
Maybe there's really something to the old adage that old doggies can't be taught new tricks. And for all we know, this in itself could be the reason behind his seemingly endless loops of rebirths.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:29 PM   #255
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
“Little brains...It’s what we like to call you people behind your backs.”

Rip Torn Defending your life