Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-14-2023, 12:22 PM   #16
United Puett
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You're wrong bro.

All the other POTUSes and VPs took documents with them.
They did? Do you have some proof of this other than you just deciding they did?

For eg, something that disputes this:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...k/70304596007/

You:

United Puett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2023, 12:45 PM   #17
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
"How could Pompeo relentlessly kowtow to Donald Trump when he really disagreed with Trump's ideas? It was indelibly repulsive. No one with self-respect could do something like that". -- Tucker Carlson

This sentiment is all true, of course...but it shouldn't be coming from a man who relentlessly kissed Donald Trump's ass on the air...while declaring that he hated Trump when the cameras were off. This too is "indelibly repulsive", in my opinion...and it also hints of a distinct absence of "self-respect".
I don't recall Carlson kissing Trump's ass. I remember him giving him credit where it was due, hammering him on other issues (i.e., debt, keeping fauci around).

Carlson has been consistent on Trump and pretty much anyone else. If you're lookin for an ass kisser, look to hannity and pretty much anyone on msnbc, cnn. They take a side and hang onto it
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2023, 12:46 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by United Puett View Post

You:

https://twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/sta...36732706365441
Your article which basically states no evidence = never happened is about as top notch as me saying every president has done it.

The Biden justice department has created a constitutional crisis.

The Constitution clearly puts the President as "CEO" of the Executive Branch, and as such, is the TOP DOG when it comes to classified documents and other material.

They say "nobody is above the law"

Well, nobody is above the President of the United States when it comes to US classified material.

I trust that if we do indeed have a "justice system," the court will find in favor of the defendant.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:51 PM   #19
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by United Puett View Post

You:

https://twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/sta...36732706365441
So the author thinks Trump’s case is different and more dangerous than Clinton's?

The author, sudishka kochi, has no clue.

Do better
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2023, 02:06 PM   #20
xtb

Bill Clinton kept audio tapes of interviews with him, in his sock drawer. I wonder if that's why he named his cat "Socks".
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2023, 07:37 PM   #21
lex

I give Tucker credit for actually taking a shot at Trump here although most of the replies on Twitter showed people skipped right over that.

I read a piece about Pompeo early into the administration and I'll have to go and try to find it. It detailed how his entire career was just based on morphing into whatever worked at the time. I would have liked more detail on what Pompeo was doing, mostly because I'm not sure Trump had any strong beliefs to begin with.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2023, 08:35 PM   #22
Stevecsd2

Quote:
I trust that if we do indeed have a "justice system," the court will find in favor of the defendant.

But we don't anymore. It's banana republic all the way down.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2023, 08:40 PM   #23
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
I give Tucker credit for actually taking a shot at Trump here although most of the replies on Twitter showed people skipped right over that.

I read a piece about Pompeo early into the administration and I'll have to go and try to find it. It detailed how his entire career was just based on morphing into whatever worked at the time. I would have liked more detail on what Pompeo was doing, mostly because I'm not sure Trump had any strong beliefs to begin with.
That is NY talking, America first buddy. Piss on establishment types and hunt down and defeat RINO's. And while at it check off promises kept as you go, enough to make your average liberal sick to their stomach.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2023, 08:56 PM   #24
lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
That is NY talking, America first buddy. Piss on establishment types and hunt down and defeat RINO's. And while at it check off promises kept as you go, enough to make your average liberal sick to their stomach.
Not totally sure what this means but how do you defeat anyone if you're so susceptible to flattery that your own people roll over you?
Old 06-14-2023, 09:13 PM   #25
fast4522

Quote:
Not totally sure what this means but how do you defeat anyone if you're so susceptible to flattery that your own people roll over you?
Lets watch your guy win the nomination, then we will talk about people who rolled.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2023, 10:19 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I'm not sure why a small minority of people care so much about this...including you.

You and thaskalos are running neck and neck...you both must hold Tucker to a much higher standard then I could ever dream...lol
Old 06-15-2023, 08:30 AM   #27
lex

Quote:
I'm not sure why a small minority of people care so much about this...including you.

You and thaskalos are running neck and neck...you both must hold Tucker to a much higher standard then I could ever dream...lol
Probably because he just started speaking to the Trump base. Some of us want some truth and I don't think that's an unreasonably high standard.

So yes I'd like an episode where he calls out Trump for trusting people like Tom Fitton instead of his attorneys. Calls him out for hiring people who say nice things about him on TV or Twitter. The guy decides he's right and finds the one person who will kiss his ass and walk him into disaster and no one should talk about that? The common denominator in these problems is Trump but instead we're supposed to blame everyone else?
Old 06-15-2023, 10:18 AM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Probably because he just started speaking to the Trump base. Some of us want some truth and I don't think that's an unreasonably high standard.

So yes I'd like an episode where he calls out Trump for trusting people like Tom Fitton instead of his attorneys. Calls him out for hiring people who say nice things about him on TV or Twitter. The guy decides he's right and finds the one person who will kiss his ass and walk him into disaster and no one should talk about that? The common denominator in these problems is Trump but instead we're supposed to blame everyone else?
This isn't the first time I've heard Tucker say live on air that Trump is very susceptible to flattery...he says it almost every time the topic presents the opportunity to do so.