Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #286
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I believe it will be August, but pricing isn't my department.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #287
MarcAtTimeformUS

Craig is correct, we're shooting for next month and it will be a part of a deluxe product that will still be priced modestly.
MarcAtTimeformUS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #288
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcAtTimeformUS
Craig is correct, we're shooting for next month and it will be a part of a deluxe product that will still be priced modestly.
Can you be more clear? Will Cj's figures be incorporated into the existing product with the offering price at $1.50 per card that was just launched? Or will the figures be part of another set of deluxe PPs to come at a different price in August?
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #289
GMB@BP

Quote:
Beyond the addition of Craig's figures what else with the Delux PP feature?
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #290
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP
Beyond the addition of Craig's figures what else with the Delux PP feature?
When you click on the tab:

"TimeformUS Deluxe Past Performances will be available in August. They will include features like pace figures, the Timeform Master Ratings, a trainer query tool, and much more."
Old 07-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #291
GMB@BP

its the last three words I was wondering about.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #292
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
its the last three words I was wondering about.
Just a little patience...stuff is coming, and it will be good.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:04 AM   #293
GMB@BP

Technical question for ya, I like the red/blue coded fractional calls (will like even better when in figure form) but are the numbers in relation to final time or some kind of par?

Just throwing some real world examples

can it be coded red in both these scenarios, say Orb's Derby which fell apart, and say Holy Bulls Traverse which had both a crazy fast pace but held together for a solid final time (115 Beyer think it was)

Using say your old figures, both 6F races, just much different final times, are both 80's considered a fast pace?

80 70 55

and say

80 80 79

thx
Old 07-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #294
MarcAtTimeformUS

Pace Figs are part of deluxe PP pricing.
Typically, if we distill something (we distill CJ's Pace Figs to make our pace projector), it's a part of our basic product.
If we give you the tools to look at the raw data, it's going to be part of the deluxe product.
And sorry, no broad announcement on more details of deluxe PPs until middle of next month.
Give us a few weeks to get the current ones' features finished
We're dangerously close to introducing pedigree ratings (for each horse, specific to surface and dstance) based on Craig's figures.
MarcAtTimeformUS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #295
Grits

Good way to dodge a direct question. It's about the figures, not pedigree!!

Since we're using emoticons..
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #296
dkithore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
We know what it takes to make a Beyer fig or a BRIS fig. I didn't find an explanation of what makes the timeformUS fig? Is there one?
Al

I don't know if you noticed the copyright notice, at the bottom of first page of Timeformus, in small print that they use Equibase data platform. What I find interesting is the color and visual effects. Makes it easy for us seniors to follow and focus on essentials, IMO. One may get value out of it until masses catch on.

Since you are a programmer, you may get some clues to enhance your own program too, just saying.

Last edited by dkithore; 07-23-2013 at 07:41 AM.
dkithore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #297
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkithore
Al

I don't know if you noticed the copyright notice, at the bottom of first page of Timeformus, in small print that they use Equibase data platform. What I find interesting is the color and visual effects. Makes it easy for us seniors to follow and focus on essentials, IMO. One may get value out of it until masses catch on.

Since you are a programmer, you may get some clues to enhance your own program too, just saying.
I understand timeformUS numbers, I think? What I was looking for was a single compiled data source for input into speed figs world wide. As far as my program is concerned, I'll be waiting to consider timeformUS data files when they are available, until then I will test them for the Arlington Million card and the Breeders' Cup days. What I'm after is a way to compare US and Euro horses.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #298
rubicon55

Quote:
Marc, can you comment on the Timeformus webpage what your 3 selections is based on? Is is based on something other than a projected finish? Pardon me if you covered this earlier or in another thread. By the way I love your product and how it navigates.
rubicon55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #299
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Pace Figs are part of deluxe PP pricing.
Typically, if we distill something (we distill CJ's Pace Figs to make our pace projector), it's a part of our basic product.
If we give you the tools to look at the raw data, it's going to be part of the deluxe product.
And sorry, no broad announcement on more details of deluxe PPs until middle of next month.
Give us a few weeks to get the current ones' features finished
We're dangerously close to introducing pedigree ratings (for each horse, specific to surface and dstance) based on Craig's figures.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you get the raw pace figure too? Or, do you just get the overall 'power rating'? Thanks.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #300
RXB

Quote:
Technical question for ya, I like the red/blue coded fractional calls (will like even better when in figure form) but are the numbers in relation to final time or some kind of par?
Final time.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
quick, timeform adjustment