Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 12:34 PM   #3646
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

According to the discoverer of the true Gospel, if the holy Spirit Christ dwells in aman's soul, then so must Christ dwell in that man's soul. Christ cannot be separated from his spirit.

Per Calvin;
Quote:
he who has Christ dwelling in him can want nothing. It is a mistake to imagine that the Spirit can be obtained without obtaining Christ; and it is equally foolish and absurd to dream that we can receive Christ without the Spirit. Both doctrines must be believed. We are partakers of the Holy Spirit,....But neither can Christ be separated from his Spirit; for then he would be said to be dead, and to have lost all his power.
John Calvin

boxcar is claiming that the above is a deceiving Gospel as it is secular, humanistic and worldly, when he tries to attribute Calvin's teachings to me. Does boxcar's refusal to answer questions have something to do with the location of the Kingdom of God or the validity of the true Gospel discovered by Calvin?

Stay tuned.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 08-21-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:36 PM   #3647
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Did not Calvin use the same source? Did Calvin use the wrong source? If he used the same source, as you, is his teaching, in the commentary correct or not?
But is Calvin's commentary divinely inspired and infallible or is the Word of God divinely inspired and infallible? Has the Holy Spirit given the Church the mind of Christ or the mind of biblical commentators?
Old 08-21-2017, 12:40 PM   #3648
boxcar

Quote:
According to the discoverer of the true Gospel, if the holy Spirit Christ dwells in aman's soul, then so must Christ dwell in that man's soul. Christ cannot be separated from his spirit.

Per Calvin; John Calvin

boxcar is claiming that the above is a deceiving Gospel as it is secular, humanistic and worldly, when he tries to attribute Calvin's teachings to me. Does his refusal to answer have something to do with the location of the Kingdom of God or the validity of the true Gospel discovered by Calvin?

Stay tuned.
Truly, the Father of Lies is your father! It is you who are the deceiver and your damnable heresies from your secular, humanistic, worldly religion.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #3649
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
But is Calvin's commentary divinely inspired and infallible or is the Word of God divinely inspired and infallible? Has the Holy Spirit given the Church the mind of Christ or the mind of biblical commentators?
More red herrings. After you answer the questions about Calvin's commentary on Ephesians, and about whether God is indivisible or not. I will be happy to move onto the discussion about the interaction of the Holy Spirit and the Church.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 08-21-2017, 12:47 PM   #3650
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Truly, the Father of Lies is your father! It is you who are the deceiver and your damnable heresies from your secular, humanistic, worldly religion.

Again Calvin's words not mine. Is Calvin wrong, is God divisible Christ does not dwell in the man's soul, in which the Holy Spirit dwells ? Can you separate Jesus from his Spirit?

Quote:
he who has Christ dwelling in him can want nothing. It is a mistake to imagine that the Spirit can be obtained without obtaining Christ; and it is equally foolish and absurd to dream that we can receive Christ without the Spirit. Both doctrines must be believed. We are partakers of the Holy Spirit,....But neither can Christ be separated from his Spirit; for then he would be said to be dead, and to have lost all his power.
John Calvin and not SMtW

If you continue to call Calvin's words lies we must be forced to conclude, in your opinion, Calvin's teachings are false teachings from the deceiver.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 08-21-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #3651
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

For review.

Quote:
Since Mr. En[Light]enment has not enlightened us as to the meaning of Christ's words in Mat 21:43, I would like to expound on this passage and, of course, the kingdom parable that the term "therefore" in v.21 that connects us to the parable. Proper understanding of the parable is of paramount importance to understanding what Jesus said afterward. This is my first reason for writing this post and the one to follow.

The second question I wish to elaborate on is who is the Kingdom. I addressed this several weeks ago when I showed from scripture that the kingdom of God/Heaven (synonymous phrases) are often personified in the NT in the person of Christ. I will provide one more very compelling proof from a text wherein Jesus unmistakably associates the kingdom of God with Himself personally.

.................................................. .................................................. .........

Jesus very clearly identifies himself with the kingdom of God. "If I cast out...THEN the kingdom of God has come upon you." Or as the NIV renders the phrase, "If I cast out...then the kingdom of God has come to you." Or as the NLT renders the phrase, "then the kingdom of God has arrived among you", etc.

As stated several weeks ago and now again...Jesus often personified the "kingdom of God/Heaven". And this is precisely what he did in LK 17:21 when Jesus told the Pharisees that the kingdom was standing right in front of them, i.e. "in their midst". It's no wonder the more modern translations changed the poor earlier translations, if for no other reason (although there are many other legitimate reasons!), that Jesus very often personalized the kingdom, which was his way of inextricably linking himself as the King to his own kingdom -- to the everlasting kingdom promised to King David and ultimately to Himself as God's Son. There is no king love, as Light has alleged. King love does not exist. A legitimate kingdom requires a real king -- not an allegorical one. Christ is that real King.........
[emphasis added]

After we wade through all the above discourse we have the following conclusions from boxcar. Jesus unmistakably associates the kingdom of God with Himself personally. The Kingdom to God is inextricably linked to Christ and is personified in Christ.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 08-21-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #3652
boxcar

Quote:
Again Calvin's words not mine. Is Calvin wrong, is God divisible Christ does not dwell in the man's soul, in which the Holy Spirit dwells ? Can you separate Jesus from his Spirit?

John Calvin and not SMtW

If you continue to call Calvin's words lies we must be forced to conclude, in your opinion, Calvin's teachings are false teachings from the deceiver.
You are not only a deceiver but clearly you are illiterate as well. You truly have a reading comp problem because if you had read 3551 the answer to your last question is contained therein. You're hopeless.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:18 PM   #3653
boxcar

Quote:
More red herrings. After you answer the questions about Calvin's commentary on Ephesians, and about whether God is indivisible or not. I will be happy to move onto the discussion about the interaction of the Holy Spirit and the Church.
I have answered your question -- way before you even asked it! See my 3551.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:24 PM   #3654
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
I have answered your question -- way before you even asked it! See my 3551.
I am not looking for your posts. Copy and paste your answer in a new post.

BTW, I've read every hand-waving response of yours and you have not given a responsive answer to my questions about Calvin's teachings and if God is indivisible i.e neither can Christ be separated from his Spirit; for then he would be said to be dead, and to have lost all his power.

I am very confident you did not discuss either Calvin's commentary or the indivisibility of God in the above-mentioned post.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 08-21-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:41 PM   #3655
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Why can't you give a simple responsive answer. Is the aforementioned commentary by Calvin a correct interpretation and understanding?

Not one of your posts have stated yes or no to the question. You have posted personal insults, red herrings, etc. but not a responsive answer. A responsive answer is yes or no.
George Washington
Old 08-21-2017, 03:47 PM   #3656
boxcar

Quote:
I am not looking for your posts. Copy and paste your answer in a new post.

BTW, I've read every hand-waving response of yours and you have not given a responsive answer to my questions about Calvin's teachings and if God is indivisible i.e neither can Christ be separated from his Spirit; for then he would be said to be dead, and to have lost all his power.

I am very confident you did not discuss either Calvin's commentary or the indivisibility of God in the above-mentioned post.
I am very confident that I did not discuss Calvin's commentary. But you're wrong about the indivisibility of God. The answer is in 3551. If you're too lazy to search for the post, so be it.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #3657
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
I am very confident that I did not discuss Calvin's commentary. But you're wrong about the indivisibility of God. The answer is in 3551. If you're too lazy to search for the post, so be it.
I am wrong? I am confident you did not talk about the indivisibility of God. Copy and paste your discussion of the indivisibility of God in your response to this post.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 08-21-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #3658
boxcar

Quote:
Why can't you give a simple responsive answer. Is the aforementioned commentary by Calvin a correct interpretation and understanding?

Not one of your posts have stated yes or no to the question. You have posted personal insults, red herrings, etc. but not a responsive answer. A responsive answer is yes or no.
I asked you to define the term "man" (your specific term, not Calvin's) in your original question and you refused to do it. So, go whine somewhere else. You're an insufferable bore.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #3659
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
I asked you to define the term "man" (your specific term, not Calvin's) in your original question and you refused to do it. So, go whine somewhere else. You're an insufferable bore.
I am asking you about Calvin's commentary. My definition of man is totally irrelevant. What is relevant and pertinent is Calvin's teaching on the afore-mentioned commentary on Ephesians. Is his teaching correct or not? Do you accept Calvin's commentary as true or do you reject it as false, as it pertains to Ephesians?
George Washington
Old 08-21-2017, 04:08 PM   #3660
boxcar

Quote:
I am asking you about Calvin's commentary. My definition of man is totally irrelevant. What is relevant and pertinent is Calvin's teaching on the afore-mentioned commentary on Ephesians. Is his teaching correct or not? Do you accept Calvin's commentary as true or do you reject it as false, as it pertains to Ephesians?
No, it's not irrelevant because it's a KEY TERM you used in your question to me.
Calvin didn't use the term in his commentary but you employed in your question. Define it or take a hike.