Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 01-25-2019, 11:35 AM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Friday, January 25, 2019

Race One:

HOT SRIRACHA looks like, appears to be: “The Horse”. Yet, this A.P. Indy-bred has been the consummate “money-burner”. He was “odds-on” in his last two (three out of his last four) only to disappoint on each occasion. Not too reassuring. This chestnut gelding has been beaten by weaker. I would tread lightly on this Jeremiah Englehart-trained, Reylu Guttierez-ridden 4-year old.

POWER BOSS. I believe it was the guru of thoroughbred analysis, “The Sage of South Ozone Park,” “The Big A,” Anthony Stabile, who once said that one of the most precipitous drops in racing occurs when a horse that had been, heretofore, running in MSWs drops into the “selling” ranks. This is hard to quantify, but I believe jockey Dylan Davis is “a mudder”. He does some of his best riding on wet tracks. The one perplexing factor is that this Gary Contessa-trained colt has been away from the races for nearly one year! Watch the tote. Watch the horse.
Others: 4, 7

Race Two:

MY ROXY GIRL looks like she takes to wet tracks “like a duck takes to water.” I like her outside starting post. Rajiv Maragh reprises the ride for trainer Mitch Friedman. This distaffer’s most recent morning- works have been good. One note of caution: this filly has become more adept at playing maid-of-honor than “exchanging vows”.

CARTWHEEL should do hand-stands now that she’s finally on a wet track. Her pedigree, on both the “top” and “bottom,” say: “I can handle a wet track.” The most accomplished Jose Lezcano is in the irons for trainer Mark Hennig.

Others: 3, 1

Race Three:

JOULE. It “ergs” me to think that this Bluegrass Cat-bred filly isn’t getting the kind of respect (You’d think she were a Rodney Dangerfield aficiando) she deserves. In her last, this 4-year old grey had gate issues. But now, alack and alas, she gets the outside starting post. I believe that will help. If this filly can exit the gate cleanly, I believe she becomes: “a player”. It’s Rajiv Maragh in the stirrups for Leah “The Preacher” Gyarmati.

SPRING DRAMA is the horse to beat. It’s just that I find it hard to play presumed even-money shots. Don’t misunderstand me: this Kiaran-trained, Montbrook-bred 5-year old has a lot going for her. But is she strictly a turf horse? Some turf horses relish the mud; yet others aren’t quite as fond of the wet main surface. This grey did run in one race that was taken off the turf; she acquitted herself quite well. She finished 2nd at a mile on a fast track.
Others: 7, 1/1A

Race Four:

SWEET VENGEANCE is my selection in this 20K claiming sprint. “The Queen of Racine,” Linda Rice, trains this Pioneerof the Nile (Empire Maker)-bred. Think American Pharoah. This 4-year old filly should relish the wet track. This filly was 2nd in her last against better, that despite being caught 5-wide. A better trip and the services of Dylan Davis may spell a visit to the “Big A” winner’s circle.

MRS VARGAS cannot be ignored, not at this level. This A.P. Indy-bred filly can make amends for a disappointing 2nd place finish as a 2-to-5 shot. Caveat Emptor: Do not expect too much in return. She’ll likely go off as the deserved odds-on favorite. Manny Franco reprises the ride.
Others: 8, 9

Race Five:

AREWEHAVINGFUNYET gets my endorsement in this one-mile claimer. This Big Brown-bred just missed against slightly better. This bay mare is at a level where she should prevail. Her breeding says she should handle the wet-going. “The bug,” Reylu Gutierrez, is in the irons for trainer Dave Cannizzo. Cannizzo does very well with horses that were beaten favorites.

ELIZABETH NICOLE finished 2nd in this company at Aqueduct a little less than one month ago. A recent 3-panels work was very good. Dylan Davis is in the stirrups for Gary Contessa.
Others: 5, 6

Race Six:

IRON FORK gets my tepid nod in this 8-panels, state-bred maiden-claimer. This Brad Cox-trainee was in the mix early against better only to fade to 3rd in a higher-caliber race. This ridgling now drops into a race in which he can be most competitive. Eric Cancel is in the stirrups. It should be noted that Brad Cox does extremely well with horses making their 2nd route race.

DASH FOR DOLLARS is my longshot try. This Speightstown-bred gelding was closing in this company on a muddy surface against similar company. Andre Worrie is in the irons for trainer Jeff Englehart. It should be noted that this chestnut had a solid work from the gate about one week ago.

Others: 5, 2

Race Seven:

OUT OF ORBIT has been running in this OC company. She’s acquitted herself quite well. Eric Cancel has the call for trainer Phil Serpe. Serpe does well with beaten favorites. This Malibu Moon-bred has hit the tote in three-out-of-four wet-track tries.

VIP NATION won her last on a good track. She’s hit the board in her last three. The veteran reinsman, Mike Luzzi, is in the irons. This filly can certainly be a factor against these. Mike Tannuzzo trains.

Others: 3, 4

Race Eight:

YOUR LOVE is my pick in the non-graded 100K Interborough to be contested over the distance of 7 furlongs. This Flatter (A.P. Indy)-bred has been competing against some pretty tough graded-stakes company. Most recently she was 5th in the one-mile Go For Wand. This bay mare appears better suited for a 7-furlongs race. She should handle a wet track. Manny Franco is in the stirrups for the “Pride of Mechanicsville,” Chad Brown.

YORKIEPOO PRINCESS, the Ed Barker trainee, is a factor against these, especially in light of her current hot streak. This mare appears to love a wet track. Dylan Davis is in the irons.

Others: 5, 3

Race Nine:

In the finale, a 5 and ˝ claiming event, n2L., my pick is , SIMONA. This bay filly should benefit from both her outside post and the fact that she’s faced better. She’ll be aided and abetted by the services of Manny Franco. Rudy Rodriguez trains for Ben Mondello.

GOLDEN VALE draws back outside. I believe this enhances this Speightstown-bred filly’s chances of hitting tote. This chestnut has a superb wet-track pedigree. Eric Cancel is in the irons for trainer Brad Cox.

Others: 9, 2

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply