Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #46
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
There will be subscription plans available, details to follow this week.
And currently, TVG/NJBETS users get the $1.50 reimbursed the next day if they make at least one bet on that purchased card. I hope it goes along with the Timeform plan. CJ, would you happen to know if this is true?
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #47
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot6977
And currently, TVG/NJBETS users get the $1.50 reimbursed the next day if they make at least one bet on that purchased card. I hope it goes along with the Timeform plan. CJ, would you happen to know if this is true?
There will be more to come, but this stuff is not really my field of expertise. I can just ask the question and pass on what I hear.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #48
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Right on the front page...

http://timeformus.wordpress.com/2013...speed-figures/

And lets not pretend like BRIS spells out the figure process they use, because they don't.
Thanks

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #49
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
Thanks
No problem. Do you disagree with me about BRIS figures, or were you just tossing that out there and seeing if it would stick?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #50
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
You read me correctly. This is a new product. Give me a reason to want to even test it.
It uses cj's numbers. 'nuff said right there as a reason to try it...this ain't your grandpappy's timeform....
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #51
Irish Boy
Smartass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
There will be subscription plans available, details to follow this week.
Thanks. I'm even more excited for my trip to Saratoga this summer now.
Irish Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #52
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
No problem. Do you disagree with me about BRIS figures, or were you just tossing that out there and seeing if it would stick?
No. BRIS is what I use. I later added Beyer because of all this flax about BRIS.

Will the new timeformUS be the same as the ones used in Europe? Will a 107 US equal a 107 in the British Racing Form? If not, will euro horse be provided with a US number?

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #53
MarcAtTimeformUS

I think this is my first post here in over 2 years? I've been busy, I swear.

A bunch of notes for now:

1) Once I resigned from DRF and started to put a team of innovators together, CJ was on the short list. We're obviously very fortunate to have him involved, as well as getting a group of people involved to help him do what he's always done: relentlessly improve his figures.

2) We're also incredibly fortunate to work with Timeform in England. When horses ship into the US, we've got the best shipper's info out there, bar none, and it's exclusive among US PP providers. What an honor to expand the Timeform brand into the US, with a team of guys across the US working on our product, and also working with key guys in England. Please note we're working to harmonize CJ's numbers on the Timeform Global scale, so you can compare a UK shipper to the numbers Craig gives. The methodologies are somewhat different (they don't have internal fractions over there, etc), but the harmonization is a big potential advantage for our players in races with shippers.

3) Capper Al, I've become decent at giving demos and I want to give you one next week, after we get through commercial launch. Please drop me a note if I can get 30-45 minutes of your time. I think you'll be pleased with what we're doing.

4) Everyone with any questions:

a) e-mail Support@TimeformUS.com and you'll get answers.

b) We have a ton of "how to" stuff up on our site, and more coming.

Start here:
http://timeformus.wordpress.com/2013...-is-different/

Or if you prefer a brief video, here:
http://timeformus.wordpress.com/2013...mus-com-video/

5) We're going to perpetually refine TimeformUS, just as you perpetually refine your approach as a horseplayer. The game demands it, and deserves it.

6) I think you're going to find our pricing pleasant and straightforward.

7) I think you'll find our product works really nicely on an iPad or an iPad Mini. That's part of our mission as well.

8) We're excited about synthesizing very coomplex info into a very easy-to-use, more visual approach. The pace projector is an expression of CJ's figures that we're really proud of, and if you're spending any of your own time and energy figuring out early pace scenarios, I think you'll grow to love what we offer here. I think we can match you or do better, and more importantly, save you a TON of time.

Ok, gotta go home and have dinner with the family. It's absolutely nuts with launch and I won't be a frequent presence here now, so I urge you to use the support e-mail I mentioned. Moreover, it's not our place to use PA to hype what we're building, though I know you guys must be curious. If you're a modern consumer of information wondering why racing data often doesn't seem that modern, well, we're going to try to change that now.
MarcAtTimeformUS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #54
aaron

I have used this product. I don't remember which race,but it was a turf race at Belmont two weeks ago on a Saturday. There were 2 foreign horses in the race. One of the horses had the best numbers and a top trainer.He went off 5-1 and won. This Saturday,the 11th race at Belmont{I did not have this horse},but if you look at the pace projector and isolate the horses turf numbers,you'll see he could have been bet. Perhaps,Marc or CJ can post these races. Anyway,they are worth a look.
Other improvements are still coming and I'm sure they are customer friendly.
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #55
BetHorses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron
This Saturday,the 11th race at Belmont{I did not have this horse},but if you look at the pace projector and isolate the horses turf numbers,you'll see he could have been bet. Perhaps,Marc or CJ can post these races. Anyway,they are worth a look.
Other improvements are still coming and I'm sure they are customer friendly.
It was Hidden Vow and the spotlight fig which is sim to a power rating...the horse was on top.

I make power ratings and that horse was extreme overlay based on CJ figs. His number 3 back was best
Old 07-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #56
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot6977
This is a must as half the country is not allowed to have a TVG account, but sounds like they are aware of that, and while affiliated with TVG they are a completely separate entity.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #57
GMB@BP

Is there a place to see the horses record on turf, dirt, syn, track?
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #58
MarcAtTimeformUS

We'll break out surface and distance records in a very cool way. Design is done, but it will take a little time to get to it.
MarcAtTimeformUS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #59
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Is there any thought to producing CSV files in addition to the current PPs? Most major providers offer them, just wondering. Also, if you plan to offer CSV files, will you offer an unlimited downloads plan?

Like a few others have posted, if CJ is involved, as well as his figs, I have little doubt this offering will have value.

The big thing, that I see, is "competition" in the racing data marketplace. Competition is always a good thing.

One other thing, will they have a "full race" PPs that you can scroll through, rather than just seeing one horse's PPs at a time, maybe with only the last 10 pacelines?

Overall, from what I've seen so far, impressive! Keep it up, and listen to your customers!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #60
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aner
As with all new things there will be a steep learning curve. In trying to guess whether Timeform would be worth such effort, I scanned through their table listing results from playing the best Timeform spotlight figures on 9190 U.S. races (March 15 to June 11, 2013).

Unfortunately, while they show each horse that was bet, they only list the number of wins (29.5%) and in the money (63%) rates. If their numbers mostly pick favorites, it doesn't look good. Missing is the what the horses paid. Don't you think if they had a positive ROI for this test they would have highlighted it?

I'm a little skeptical. Is anyone using their numbers at this time?
They are CJ's numbers.

If you search this forum you'll find plenty of comments on his numbers from his current customers (I've been a customer for many years). They are very good figures and very innovative in the way they incorporate pace into the performance and creation of the track variant.

Tags
quick, timeform adjustment

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: