Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-27-2019, 02:40 PM   #346
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Well there is the fact he hasn't divested his businesses and emoluments.

Also the fact he has been accused of committing fraud. Comparing returns to loan applications would then make sense.

Does his complete unwillingness to provide lead you to believe he's covering something up?

If so what do you think it is?
No.
Where is the probably cause?
Old 04-27-2019, 02:55 PM   #347
MargieRose

Quote:
Backup?

The GOP already engages in voter suppression from time to time... threatening a Democrat with that won't intimidate them at all...
We're talking about a change in rules by some states that will affect an election that all citizens of every state may participate in. We're not talking about alleged covert activities by a few.

And, you do not qualify as 'backup.'
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2019, 03:35 PM   #348
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
No.
Where is the probably cause?
It was just a question.

I suspect there are things in there that are embarrassing for him otherwise he would just release them. Could be he's broke or a fraud or something simple like he's donated to Planned Parenthood or something.

As far as probable cause though Congress doesn't need it and will get them eventually. The law isn't vague on that.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:45 PM   #349
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I wonder if this will be an impetus to release his taxes?

Blue states move to block Donald Trump from 2020 ballot
20 states introduced bills that would require presidential candidates to release their taxes

https://www.salon.com/2019/04/26/blu...m-2020-ballot/

As President Donald Trump continues to refuse requests to hand over copies of his tax returns from Democrats on Capitol Hill, state lawmakers are considering making their release a condition of the 2020 presidential election.

Nearly twenty states across the county have introduced legislation that would require all presidential and vice presidential candidates to release their individual tax returns in order to appear on the ballot during the presidential or general election, according to data from the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL).

...Although not required by law, every major party presidential nominee since the 1970s has chosen to publicly release his or her tax returns except for Gerald Ford, who only released a summary. Financial disclosures can help paint a fuller picture of a candidate's business positions and interests by providing information about financial dealings, such as investments, donations, business relationships, assets and possible conflicts of interests.

It might not be constitutional for a state to require presidential candidates to release their tax returns in order to get ballot access. The U.S. Supreme Court has previously ruled that neither states nor the federal government can create additional qualifications for congressional representatives or senators,... These states are trying to interfere with National Election. By attempting to do this it disenfranchises millions of voters in their state and many more in other ones. The Supreme Courts view is already a hurdle to high for this desperate tactic from the Party of Nothing but Hate.

From the same BLUE States opposed to requiring voters to prove identity and citizenship to vote.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:01 PM   #350
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Special counsel Robert Mueller’s report has predictably produced a flurry of debate about its real meaning and what, if anything, should happen next. But on one crucial matter the report, released to the public April 18, is crystal clear: “The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion.” This is not a new finding. But it is unambiguous and underscores the pressing need to do far more to protect the integrity of our elections.

Yet......

Reason enough to lock him up.
But first impeach!

https://youtu.be/2-Xw0_2eMJg
Truth is they have for many many years same as we have in other nations election.

And it's also clear the Alphabet Agencies upper ranks did as well.

It will soon be clear the extent that the Ukrainians helps the DNC... Clinton and the Alphabet Agencies in the 2016 Presidential Election.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:20 PM   #351
OntheRail

Quote:

Also the fact he has been accused of committing fraud. Comparing returns to loan applications would then make sense.

Does his complete unwillingness to provide lead you to believe he's covering something up?

Sure just like he was accused of being a Russian Asset... something so far from the truth and now proven a lie... but did not stop the Left Fielders from running with it... and still pushing it look at Pach.

So an accusation... from political opposition is not proof or grounds for a Torquemada style inquisition.

And as for his unwillingness... I can see why. Beyond the fact it's NON OF YOUR BUSINESS OR THEIRS.

You really are a good Brown Shirt. Must be guilty of whatever cause he won't provide us with what we demand.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:11 PM   #352
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
So what?

His taxes have ALREADY ben reviewed by the government whose EXPRESS job is to do that.

And found nothing.

Let go man, your lost.
Can you say conflict of interest.

So what if he is in debt to Vlad, or the Saudi Butchers?
We can trust a buffoon who lied in public over 9,000 times can't we.
And Mueller found evidence of obstructing justice and is considered a unindicted co-consdpirator for election fraud by the SDNY.

Sure we can trust him.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:14 PM   #353
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Sure just like he was accused of being a Russian Asset... something so far from the truth and now proven a lie... but did not stop the Left Fielders from running with it... and still pushing it look at Pach.

So an accusation... from political opposition is not proof or grounds for a Torquemada style inquisition.

And as for his unwillingness... I can see why. Beyond the fact it's NON OF YOUR BUSINESS OR THEIRS.

You really are a good Brown Shirt. Must be guilty of whatever cause he won't provide us with what we demand.
Two different conversations.

I don't think tax returns to gain ballot access is a winning argument in court. I don't care anyway I was pointing out the issue of Democrats not being afraid of voter suppression since it happens occasionally already. That was with Margie.

With Tom I was just asking for his opinion.

Finally, you're right his tax returns aren't my business. I suspect there is some stuff in there he wishes to conceal because otherwise not release it. That said they are the business of Congress... the law explicitly says that.... so it's pretty cut and dry.

Reported for the Brown Shirt Stuff... but its Mike's board and directed at me so I'm sure you're

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 04-27-2019 at 05:19 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2019, 05:59 PM   #354
OntheRail

Quote:
Two different conversations.

I don't think tax returns to gain ballot access is a winning argument in court. I don't care anyway I was pointing out the issue of Democrats not being afraid of voter suppression since it happens occasionally already. That was with Margie.

With Tom I was just asking for his opinion.

Finally, you're right his tax returns aren't my business. I suspect there is some stuff in there he wishes to conceal because otherwise not release it. That said they are the business of Congress... the law explicitly says that.... so it's pretty cut and dry.

Reported for the Brown Shirt Stuff... but its Mike's board and directed at me so I'm sure you're
Your drifting all over the place...

Actually it's none of Congresses Business either... They lost that legitimate legislative purpose of investigating the effectiveness of the IRS from their ongoing biased politically crafted and continuous witch hunting.

If you asked 1000 people why Congressman Neal wanted Trumps Tax returns.

999 would respond cause Trump refuses to release them. That would be 100% correct and that is not a legitimate reason to further spy.

I don't think the Supreme Court will allow it.

But to accuse someone of wrong doing based on nothing but your suspicions and hatred... in a tactic employed by... Well.

So you got offended by an observation... good thing I did not Accuse you... and then asked you to prove your not by releasing your browser history or your charitable donations your taxes and what not.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:19 PM   #355
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Old 04-28-2019, 12:51 AM   #356
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2019, 04:55 AM   #357
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
"Pal" in quotes. Trump is the ultimate Twitter troll. I find that awesome. A 70+ something Twitter troll. Who just also happens to be POTUS...I mean, you have to appreciate that on some level, even if you hate the guy.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-28-2019 at 04:56 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2019, 04:57 AM   #358
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Wait, you get to call people fascists but he can't call you a brown shirt.

Duly noted.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:51 AM   #359
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Wait, you get to call people fascists but he can't call you a brown shirt.

Duly noted.
I was also banned for calling you Tom and haven't been nearly as nasty lately so there's that.

Like I said your board and it me so...
Old 04-28-2019, 12:35 PM   #360
fast4522

Quote:

We have a sitting President who said that he was not going divest his businesses and was going to turn over to his kids the running of all his businesses before the 2016 election and was elected. Providing any tax documents to politicians for political traction to his opponents is not going to happen, if IRS can not find errors that need to be addressed it is over for the left as to taxes. Did you see American Pie, time for you to go to band camp and join the music threads.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply